• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why finding TUG saves HICV owners money!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This was posted on our FB page today:

I want to thank TUG for all of your support, without you, i would be paying increasing maintenance fees and dues to HICV or high lawyer fees, more than $5000 quoted from many even though i told them we had paid off our time share, to do what i was able to do with a phone call and letter! THANK YOU!!! I have told all of my friends about you and your great support community. I am happy to be of assistance to anyone, to return the favor, however, everything you need is right on the website, just take time to be educated. I have posted all of my experience on the site as well. Good Luck and ping me if needed.

the ideal "customer" for cancellation companies/law firms/etc etc are owners at resorts that have official deedback programs, especially ones like wyndham and HIVC that do not charge anything for an owner to surrender!

lucky owners discover this program, or discover TUG and then discover this program....unlucky ones fall prey to the smooth talking scammer that offers to relieve them of their timeshare for thousands of dollars!

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
This was posted on our FB page today:

the ideal "customer" for cancellation companies/law firms/etc etc are owners at resorts that have official deedback programs, especially ones like wyndham and HIVC that do not charge anything for an owner to surrender!

lucky owners discover this program, or discover TUG and then discover this program....unlucky ones fall prey to the smooth talking scammer that offers to relieve them of their timeshare for thousands of dollars!

Offering free deedback programs are win win all around. The resort saves money on filing foreclosure paperwork, the owner talks better about timeshare systems and the company looks like they stand behind their product. Heck, they can often times get a surrender and make 1000s retail anyway profit plus keep the 1000s the previous owner paid too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We own at OL and hope to get a lot more use of the points there. It’s good to know that we can give it back when we are no longer able to use it.

Reaction score
My in-laws own at HICV, and they got "suckered" into one of those relief scams. They refused to listen to us in getting out of it, saying they will get their $$$ back if not out of it in 12 months. Sometimes you can't reason with hard-headed parents.

TS

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
My in-laws own at HICV, and they got "suckered" into one of those relief scams. They refused to listen to us in getting out of it, saying they will get their $$$ back if not out of it in 12 months. Sometimes you can't reason with hard-headed parents.

TS
Send them this thread

Reaction score
I talked to them. They called the scam artists. The scam artists said it is one year, and they would send something to sign. What they sent was a contract. So, they're under contract to stick with the company for one year. We tried to reason with my in-laws, they're hard-headed, so all I can do is shake my head (SMH) and let them possibly get their $$$ back next year.

TS