• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is this guy? Resortdeals4u

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Joseph Strebly
VPL Vacations/Resortdeals4u/Aruba Rentals
E-mail : XXX@resortdeals4u.com
Web Site: XXX.resortdeals4u.com & XXX.arubarentals.com

I have a week for rent on RedWeek and received an inquiry from a 'Joe' - I had what he wanted plus I said I have a friend who could get him the second unit he required.
It seemed as if I was dealing with an individual but then I got an email today signed with the above info that states....

"Your Studio and your friends two bedroom may work great am calling client to confirm with them, will get back to you tomorrow okay. "

I am not sure I like the idea of dealing with a 'middleman' - what is his cut or take on this .... I am not going to pay anyone a fee and certainly don't want him to benefit from my rental.

Anyone have this happen to them?
....I have done over 15 rentals the last few years and never had this situation arise.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, recently Vacation Homes Only has been trying to rent my 2009 Maui week. They have sent me numerous pushy emails:

We needed to speak with you by phone because email tag takes to long, and as of now we lost the rental to another owner we could reach by phone in real time.

People need to book their airline tickets, which go up by the hour, while we waste time playing email tag. Response time is critical for these kinds or reservation requests.

We have a few, additional requests you may be able to help us with, however, we will need to speak with you by phone right away.

Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx or reply with several real time phone numbers on which we can reach you right away.

Thank you very much for your time.

We look foward to speaking with you right away.

I actually did respond to their first email, not realizing it was a rental company, but I turned them down when I found out how long it would take to get paid. But they keep sending more emails like the one above. I'd rather deal directly with the renter. :annoyed:

To the email above, I responded: "I'm in no hurry - send me the details of your offer and if I'm interested I will call you." :D

Last edited:

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
We rented from Joseph Strebly at resortdeals4u three times before we figured out how to make timeshare rental arrangements ourselves. The last time was about 4 years ago. Everything went fine. At the time he had several different websites and he access to a lot of timeshare properties in Aruba. He also had a couple people working for him. Rentals through him were a little more expensive than dealing directly through an individual owner, but we trusted him to take care of everything. I would trust him as long as you got the rental amount you are looking for.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've gotten email from him as well. He is a middleman and can charge his customers what he wishes. It sometimes is easier to do it this way. I don't think it is suspicious.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, recently Vacation Homes Only has been trying to rent my 2009 Maui week. They have sent me numerous pushy emails:

I actually did respond to their first email, not realizing it was a rental company, but I turned them down when I found out how long it would take to get paid. But they keep sending more emails like the one above. I'd rather deal directly with the renter. :annoyed:

To the email above, I responded: "I'm in no hurry - send me the details of your offer and if I'm interested I will call you." :D

How long? :banana:
I only added the banana because I keep getting the 'message too short' thingy :shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
60 days before the reservation, which they wanted for March 21, 2009.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned