• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is Sun Property Networks? / Threads merged

gebman1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to know if this company is ok or are they a rip off?

They said they have a buyer for my timeshare.

They do not want any money up front. They said the buyer wants my deed. They want my points for the rest of 08 and 09 totaling about 1.4 million. They said they would send me a check for $700 and we would close on my property before the end of the year. They want to check out my property and the points I have. They said they are giving me $3200 and are charging me 2500 to close on the TS. They would be sending me the difference of $700.

Last edited:

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A google search brings up

http://www.countrywidetimeshares.com/sell.php

and looking at their listings, this must be an upfront fee company.

If they have a buyer, and don't want you to give them any money to get started, great, otherwise, this is just another leach preying upon sellers.

DON'T give them a dime upfront, please read the sticky at the top of this forum for how to sell.

fwiw,

Greg

I need to know if this company ok or are they a rip off?

They said they have a buyer for my timeshare.

gebman1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found Sun Property Networks

[Post merged into this thread from its own separate thread - mg]

I asked earlier today if anyone had heard of Sun Property Networks.
I did an advanced google scan for the exact words Sun Property Networks and found some very interesting replies. They were known as Countrywide Timeshare Resales. They want money upfront most of the time. They always say they have a buyer for your timeshare. I told them I wasn't going to give them any money up front so they came back to me that they had a buyer and wanted to close within 90 days. They said they wanted my points (about 1.4mill) for the rest of 08 and 09 for $3200. They said the closing fees for the $132,000 they were going to pay me would be about $2500. They said they would send me the $700 in one week. I said now way.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
They said they are giving me $3200 and are charging me 2500 to close on the TS. They would be sending me the difference of $700.

This sounds like the famous bogus check deposit scam. They send you what appears to be a valid cashiers check for $3200, tell you to send the $2500 and "keep" the $700. You send them $2500 and then your bank call sand says the check is bogus. You are out $2500. Maybe not, but never accept money from someone who then wants "some" back. This is from the FTC's website:

A scam artist replies to a classified ad or auction posting, offers to pay for the item with a check, and then comes up with a reason for writing the check for more than the purchase price. The scammer asks the seller to wire back the difference after depositing the check. The seller does it, and later, when the scammer’s check bounces, the seller is left liable for the entire amount.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre40.shtm

Heavya3

Reaction score
Received a call from Sun Property Networks today...

Hi Folks! I am new to this forum but I noticed there was an existing thread on a company named Sun Property Networks. It so happens that I was "cold called" by them today asking me if I would like to sell my timeshare. Since my timeshare isn't up for sale I asked what the offer price was. I hit the floor when they told me $32,500.00. Now this is more than double what I paid for the timeshare new (yes, I know I got ripped off buying new based on what I've read in the forum so far).

Moving on, in order to get the ball rolling on this transaction I was told I need to provide $2250 up front. After a period of 6-10 weeks, I would receive a cashier's check for the balance of the sale of my timeshare (balanced owed, maintenance fees, etc.). Interestingly enough they prefer personal checks, not credit cards. Now, has anyone else ever heard of a deal, I mean scam, like this before?

I did have the guy send me a faxed copy (wouldn't do email) of the pre-contract which I can tell you doesn't say much.

Does anyone have any advice to offer when dealing with sharks like this? Is there a way I can avoid being bothered by this crap in the future?

Thanks!

MCJ

Reaction score
Hey all. Just joined the forum.

These people called and left a message on my machine last week from out of the blue stating they had an offer on my timeshare too. I called them today and spoke with a woman named Rene who told me I had a $32,500 offer on my timeshare. Since I didn't recognize the company (I've listed with 4 I believe over the last 5 years) I asked her to provide me with the AD number so I could verify she had the correct property. She couldn't "find" it but said a person with the closing documents would contact me and have it.

The next guy who called was Pete Clearwater. (Interesting if you google that name, you get St. Petersburg / Clearwater Florida as the top results.) Good ol' Pete couldn't find my information either. Asked if I remembered talking to some guy whose name he rattled off from last June and being asked to pay $3297.00 to list with the company. After telling him no, he said he would have to go down to the "Archives" to see if I was a member or not. If not, they would have to sell to the next "member" waiting in line. Of course they could probably offer a discounted member rate. He would call me back.

Next phone call was not Pete but a guy named Tom Foster. Tom was a fast talker. Basically told me that I was not a member, could pay $1850.00, and he would send me the "contract" and a "Welcome Packet". I asked why I needed a Welcome Packet if there was a buyer ready? He rambled some response after which I told him I wasn't interested, especially after doing a BBB search on the company name and finding out they have an F rating with the BBB.

Needless to say, I believe these guys are scam artists like all the rest. It's amazing to me that the government or someone hasn't investigated this whole industry and either fine or put some of these jokers behind bars.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks! I am new to this forum but I noticed there was an existing thread on a company named Sun Property Networks. It so happens that I was "cold called" by them today asking me if I would like to sell my timeshare. Since my timeshare isn't up for sale I asked what the offer price was. I hit the floor when they told me $32,500.00. Now this is more than double what I paid for the timeshare new (yes, I know I got ripped off buying new based on what I've read in the forum so far).

Moving on, in order to get the ball rolling on this transaction I was told I need to provide $2250 up front. After a period of 6-10 weeks, I would receive a cashier's check for the balance of the sale of my timeshare (balanced owed, maintenance fees, etc.). Interestingly enough they prefer personal checks, not credit cards. Now, has anyone else ever heard of a deal, I mean scam, like this before?

I did have the guy send me a faxed copy (wouldn't do email) of the pre-contract which I can tell you doesn't say much.

Does anyone have any advice to offer when dealing with sharks like this? Is there a way I can avoid being bothered by this crap in the future?

Thanks!

Tell them you will double their commission but 100% of the proceeds must come out of the sale and you will pay for the escrow service. Listen for dead air - they will have hung up. The only way not to be bothered by such crap - disconnect your phone, never check your snailmail and stop using a computer.