• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who does everyone recommend for timeshare resales?

rach

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I are considering buying a Marriott timeshare but are not sure what companies/websites are trustworthy for resales. Since everone seems to recommend resale versus developer, who have you all used in the past? I think we are leaning toward the Marriott Aruba Surf Club. Also, my understanding is that Aruba has a high trade value (though lower than Hawaii). Is this correct or was the Marriott representative just trying to sell us? We want a timeshare that we will be able to exchange frequently. Thanks for any help!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Most people here on TUG suggest that you own a TS, that if you can't exchange that you might be happy going to at least 1/2 of the time.

If you are saying that you want to buy Aurba to trade, I'd say don't buy Aruba. Buy one of the many Marriott TS which you'd think that maybe I'd go there if I can't exchange.

Personally IMHO, one of the best Marriott TS for owning and trading is the platinum season at the Marriott TS in Williamburg. You can buy there resell for about $7000 - $9,000.

Good luck

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 of my Marriott timeshares from Shelley at
transactionreality.com

She is very informative and was only a phone call away if I had any questions.
You can ask her about Aruba vs. another Marriott property for trade value and cost.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to holidaygroup.com and saw a Hawaii Marriott in Kaui for 7K, not bad.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Point to ponder with Aruba -- what if there were an airplane strike, fares doubled or even worse trouble with wars, etc. -- you possibly would lose use of your week. We own at Kauai and went thru the 1992 Iniki hurricane disaster. Took three years to get our resort back up to normal.

In other words, you might think about a Marriott closer to home and trade.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a reale Marriott from Sell My Timeshare Now. You deal directly with the owner. I had no problems. I also purchased from the Holiday Group and had no problems. My first Marriott was purchased from the Marriott Resale department. I was happy with all my transactions. Be sure to check Dioxide's Right of First Refusal website to see what prices Marriott is letting pass. You won't be sorry if you purchase Marriott.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
E-bay has the cheapest prices in most instances. You might buy a week for a good price and Marriott might ROFR it. If that happens simply buy another one and keep trying until you own one.There is a never ending supply of Marriott's for sale on e-bay. Marriott is not ROFR'ing very often (if at all) with the economy like it is. I personally won't buy a week at any resort that has ROFR in their contract, but that is for another thread.