• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Whiski Jack at the Woodrun

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just put this resort on hold for 4th of July week. Resort review are not real recent. Is a 2 bedroom a good find. Is there a lot to do in the summer at this resort? Family of 5, 3 teen boys. I have 24 hours to decide.

Thanks for the feedback

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a 2-bedroom unit for Thanksgiving a year ago so can't comment on summer activities. Half the family stayed at Woodrun and the rest stayed at Club Intrawest. We thought that the Woodrun was a very nice place. Large, well appointed condo that is reasonably close to the village (it's in the North Village). Nothing that we saw in terms of activities but very comfortable as a place to stay. I would not hesitate to exchange there again.

krisj

Reaction score
jd2601 said:
Is there a lot to do in the summer at this resort? Family of 5, 3 teen boys. I have 24 hours to decide.

If your family even remotely enjoys the outdoors, or even just enjoys shopping, watching "the beautiful people", spas and fine dining, you will LOVE Whistler in the summer. Our family could easily spend 30 consecutive days, doing a different activity every day, and never run out of exciting and fun things to do. Any outdoor, mountain resort activity you can think of (and many you'd never imagine) is available in Whistler.

Do be aware that "perfect" weather typically starts after July 15, so you could see a bit of spring rain over the 4th of July week.

Kris (MomCares)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Take it! You won't be disappointed. Large units, nice location, lots to do. :)

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. This seemed to good a trade to pass up. I hope the weather cooperates. I now have over a year to figure out what to do in Whistler.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Woodrun over the 4th of July in 2003 during an unseasonably warm spell with temps in the 90's. The Woodrun has no air conditioning, but I think those were pretty unusual temps, no air would not stop me from going back.

You said you have three teen boys, do they ski or snow board? There was still skiing in July, in fact the boys could walk from the unit to catch the lift in the upper village. Another teenage boy thing that might appeal was mountain biking, where they take a lift up and bike down one of the lower slopes that had no snow.

The pool is on the small side, but there is a popular lake close by that you can bike to that also had swimming. Hiking, rafting, biking, shopping, fine dining among other options.

There is tons of stuff to do in Whistler in the summer, I think you will have a hard time packing everything in.

Have a wonderful trip.

Gayle

asp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Extreme heat in early July is pretty rare in whistler - last time we were there at that time, we bought new fleecys, and we are west coasters!

Almost all of the timeshare units in Whistler and the island do not have air conditioning. Woodrun has beautiful large units, and we have always enjoyed ourselves there.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Is it best to rent a car? or is parking a hassle. It seems like lots to do. I think the boys would be thrilled to ski in July. We are very much novices however. Mountain biking also looks very interesting.

I feel lucky to find this trade.

jd2601

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
jd2601 said:
Is it best to rent a car? or is parking a hassle.
jd2601
Are you flying into Vancouver or Seattle? Either way you'll need a way to get from the airport to Whistler. The drive up from Vancouver is beautiful and you might want to stop along the way or do some exploring while you're there.

Parking at the Woodrun isn't a problem. There's a free shuttle bus to get to the village that's very convenient. You'd want to drive to the grocery store and bring back food. So it will be good to have a car.