• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Starwood resorts sold weeks 51 & 52 as event weeks?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Can you help me make an accurate list for the sticky?

*WKORV
*WKORV-N
*WKORV-NN (?)
*WPORV
WSJ - original phases?
HRA - large percentage of 51/52 sold as fixed weeks.
Lagunamar - large percentage of 51/52 sold as fixed weeks.

*It has also been posted that the Japanese Holiday "Golden Week," the week including April 29th, was sold as an event week in Hawaii, but I'm not sure if this is true, or what the fixed week would be.

Last edited:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
It's my understanding that WSJ-BV doesn't have 51 & 52 as event weeks. At least it was sold to us as that. Now, I haven't made a reservation for those weeks. But our salesperson was specific in telling us at the time of the sale, 51 & 52 were not event weeks.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn an old SVN chart had 1-50 on WKORV but I can't find it with Google anywhere.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have a hard copy of the old chart, and it doesn't show event weeks at all.

Armani987

Reaction score
I believe Nanea was sold separately per the manager I was talking with. He was telling me all kinds of BS like MF at Kaanapali went up average of 1~2% per year, or you can bank Star Option up to 6 years, so my info may not be accurate.

Armani987

Reaction score
*It has also been posted that the Japanese Holiday "Golden Week," the week including April 29th, was sold as an event week in Hawaii, but I'm not sure if this is true, or what the fixed week would be.

Japanese only visits Waikiki so I doubt that may be the case unless they convert one of the hotels to a timeshare.
The manager also didn't mention anything other than Christmas and New Years. One year,I went to Oahu during a Golden Week to meet my in laws from Japan, but never again. I don't wanna spend the extra $$ to see bunch my my kind lol. During that week, I flew over to Maui, but no Japanese tourists in excess of the usual.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Armani987 - as you have surmised, you can't base anything on what a TS sales person tells you. They will say whatever you want to hear...

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe Lagunamar reserved the right to sell 50% of deeded weeks 51 and 52 of certain phases as event weeks. So there are event weeks out there, but there are many platinum plus weeks that float into those weeks. I would think that for every event week sold they may have to sell a platinum plus week that excluded those weeks but I don't know about that.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a hard copy of the old chart, and it doesn't show event weeks at all.
I've found charts from 2007 to 2015 (not all years). Got nothin'
I believe Lagunamar reserved the right to sell 50% of deeded weeks 51 and 52 of certain phases as event weeks. So there are event weeks out there, but there are many platinum plus weeks that float into those weeks. I would think that for every event week sold they may have to sell a platinum plus week that excluded those weeks but I don't know about that.
Latter phases. Phase one is full float and latter have this fix built in so that means that more than 50% of 51 and 52 float. I've seen this as an SO bookable time period.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
I am 99% sure that WLR, Phase 1 was deeded as 50 % event weeks 7, 51 and 52 and 50% "pool". Phase 2 was sold % 100 as event weeks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How about the Colorado resorts?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Steamboat Springs yes- event weeks 51 and 52
Westin Riverfront yes event weeks 51, 52

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
SMV - weeks 51 and 52 are event weeks.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
WSJ - original phases?

WSJ - Hillside phase was fixed weeks, so they are essentially event weeks in practice if not in name.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So am I right in understanding
1. If a event week is used as star options then that week goes into MSC and some other lucky soul can find it and swap in.
2. If it is traded for star points starwood get the week and likely drop it into their hotel reservation system.
?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
50% of HRA Phase II weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks (I am pretty sure WSJ BV was sold the same way). That percentage is probably higher now because people have paid to fix their weeks. All Phase I weeks are fixed.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. If a event week is used as star options then that week goes into MSC and some other lucky soul can find it and swap in.
2. If it is traded for star points starwood get the week and likely drop it into their hotel reservation system.
?

This is my understanding based on conversations I've had with Starwood Direct Sales.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Unfortunately, no - Starwood confiscates the unused event weeks, rents them, and puts the money in their pocket. That's why you can't reserve them with Staroptions.

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no - Starwood confiscates the unused event weeks, rents them, and puts the money in their pocket. That's why you can't reserve them with Staroptions.
How does that lead to equilibrium in the staroption system.
If Mad Maui pit his 148k Christmas week in to SO and booked my WKV Spring Training week then now I have 148k options and no where to spend them.

Now I know the system loses points to "change" etc but you should be aiming for equilibrium on the inputs. It does Starwood sub in a non event Maui week?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does that lead to equilibrium in the staroption system.
If Mad Maui pit his 148k Christmas week in to SO and booked my WKV Spring Training week then now I have 148k options and no where to spend them.

Now I know the system loses points to change etc but you should be aiming for equilibrium on the inputs. It does Starwood sub in a non event Maui week?

My guess is that they put a regular season week in the pot, and take out the event week for themselves.