• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Oceana Palms building?

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! We are heading to Oceana Palms for the first time and have an ocean view room. Any suggestions as to which tower, side, or floor? i would like the best ocean view(although I realize we won’t be oceanfront).
Thanks so much!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! We are heading to Oceana Palms for the first time and have an ocean view room. Any suggestions as to which tower, side, or floor? i would like the best ocean view(although I realize we won’t be oceanfront).
Thanks so much!

Sunrise Building has Oceanfront rooms as well as Oceanview rooms. Sunset Building has ONLY Oceanview rooms.

If you want to be closer to the ocean and the pools then request the Sunrise Building.

The actual units don't start until about halfway up the buildings (to allow for parking on the lower floors) so don't be surprised when they place you somewhere between floors 10 thru 20.

East, south and west views are likely the sunniest, while the northern views have the least amount of sun (which can be a good thing if you are there when it is smoking hot outside). Basically, what would you like to look at and what exposure meets your interests? Southern and western views overlook Singer Island.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think north facing Sunrise is probably the best. No real obstructions as the building beside Oceana Palms to the north is set back. South facing oceanside will have a 100% view of the monstrosity they call Amrit next door.

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much to yoi both! I will request north side of the Sunrise building.

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much to you both! I will request north side of the Sunrise building.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you get a corner unit you can see both the ocean and intercoastal waterway which I found was really the best of both.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Thanks so much to yoi both! I will request north side of the Sunrise building.
We will be at Oceana Palms in September…we were thinking about requesting a Villa in the Sunset building with a view of the Intercoastal waterway with very nice sunsets…have a great time.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you get a corner unit you can see both the ocean and intercoastal waterway which I found was really the best of both.
I don’t think there are any Oceanside units that would be considered corner.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We will be at Oceana Palms in September…we were thinking about requesting a Villa in the Sunset building with a view of the Intercoastal waterway with very nice sunsets…have a great time.
Then you probably want a south facing unit in Sunset.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
I don’t think there are any Oceanside units that would be considered corner.
Maybe units in closest to the street in sunset? I think they have windows facing the intercoastal. I think 3 or 4 floors have balconies that wrap around also.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe units in closest to the street in sunset? I think they have windows facing the intercoastal. I think 3 or 4 floors have balconies that wrap around also.
I beleive they do, it looks to be behind the desk in the master bedroom. Some of the floors in Sunset also look like they have wrap around balconies to the west. Perhaps only four or five of the floors have the wrap around balcony.

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that many of us are concerned about the Florida MF's due to the new reserve requirement. Dioxide reminded me about AMRIT, so I
was curious about their pricing as it is opening this summer. They are selling condos and offering hotel rooms. A mid-March Ocean View 280 sq ft
room for two people is ONLY $15,000 for the week with the advance purchase rate! Oceana Palms sounds pretty good to me!!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
There are moments when our TS purchases made over 20 years ago, even with the yearly fees.

That said, because or Armpit on the south side, I think the most important thing would be a north side unit. We always prefer to be closer to the ocean, so we would prefer the sunrise building. I understand there are TUGGER’s who enjoy the sunset building because they still get a good view towards the ocean but also enjoy the inlet view.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The ones on the end have a lanaii/balcony that allows you to look west
Looking at images of he resort, the wrap around balconies that face west in Sunset are only on a few floors. Of course all of the balconies would be able to see west to some degree also.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The ones on the end have a lanaii/balcony that allows you to look west
I can see east/west from any ocean side unit. You don’t need a wrap around balcony, although it would nice

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see east/west from any ocean side unit. You don’t need a wrap around balcony, although it would nice
Aren't you looking east when looking at the ocean and then north and south up and down the beach?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Aren't you looking east when looking at the ocean and then north and south up and down the beach?
The back of the Sunset building faces west…looking south west you can see the intercoastal and Blue Heron Bridge…and some very nice sunsets.
vue-du-balcon-a-gauche.jpg

Last edited: