• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Maui Resort has the best best Ocean Front Studio?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booking with points
Which Maui Resort has the best Ocean Front Studio?
Trying to decide between MOC (the new buildings) or
Westin Ocean Studio Premium (looks like there are two different layouts)

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Ocean Front Center (Premium) at WKORV. Not the Deluxe unit; not the WKORVN unit.

There are only twelve of these; they all have the same layout.

The OFC unit has a kitchen with a small stove top. It has a lanai. It faces the ocean directly.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which Maui Resort has the best Ocean Front Studio?...Trying to decide between MOC (the new buildings)...
From hearsay I can tell you that the Vistana studios are nicer than those at MOC.

But what I can tell you from experience is that if you are staying in an OF studio at MOC there is no reason to choose the new buildings over the original towers.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
From hearsay I can tell you that the Vistana studios are nicer than those at MOC.

But what I can tell you from experience is that if you are staying in an OF studio at MOC there is no reason to choose the new buildings over the original towers.
I agree. The studios in the original towers are nicely sized.

The Westin studios, formerly Vistana, according to the Marriott website, are better equipped by far. Balconies are nice to have for sure, but washer/dryer in all units is something studios don't have at Marriott, and the kitchen actually has a full-sized refrigerator and stovetop, plus a small dishwasher and a convection microwave.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Front Center (Premium) at WKORV. Not the Deluxe unit; not the WKORVN unit.

There are only twelve of these; they all have the same layout.

The OFC unit has a kitchen with a small stove top. It has a lanai. It faces the ocean directly.
On points reservations it shows two listings for “Studio Premium (Guest of a 2 Bd) Ocean Front”
Same point cost but if you select two different layouts
1716815767405.png

1716815797557.png

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
On points reservations it shows two listings for “Studio Premium (Guest of a 2 Bd) Ocean Front”
View attachment 93533
View attachment 93534
The upper picture is the studio of a non-OF Premium unit; the pic shows the "Juliet" balcony.

The OFC ("Premium") units have a real lanai off the living room (which is in line with the remainder of the unit)

The bottom picture is the studio of an Ocean Front Deluxe unit.

Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott lists them both as ocean front???
I thought it was strange.
Also, I tried searching, but does anyone have a map that shows on the resort where the units are located?
I have MOC new now where we usually stay (staying away from old until construction is done) but thinking of maybe trying Westin.
Will be there near end of whale season, so sitting on lanai and seeing whales (and turtles) is one reason we liked the MOC.

1716816822468.jpeg

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Marriott lists them both as ocean front???
I thought it was strange.
Also, I tried searching, but does anyone have a map that shows on the resort where the units are located?
I have MOC new now where we usually stay (staying away from old until construction is done) but thinking of maybe trying Westin.
Will be there near end of whale season, so sitting on lanai and seeing whales (and turtles) is one reason we liked the MOC.

View attachment 93536
Hmmm.

I infer you are making a points reservation through Abound. The Westin reservation page clearly differentiates the two types of studio units ("premium" and "deluxe") on the reservation page.

There is a WKORV resort map in one of the Westin stickies. The deluxe studios are 2x26, 2x27, 3x26, and 3x27. The premium units are 2x31 and 3x31. I wish I could be more helpful.

Last edited:

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 93533
View attachment 93534
The WKORV OF studios have a full walkout balcony. The OV studios at WKORV are Juliet balconies. The OF studios both have walkout balconies but they do have two versions of this studio which is a lock off of the OF 2 bedroom units Westin calls Deluxe or Premium. The studio part of the Deluxe OF 2 bedroom is actually on the side of the building and the views are great, but not dead on OF. Those Deluxe studios have more windows, feel larger, and have a bigger balcony but it is on the side of the building right behind the 1 bedroom OF. The middle part of the OF building has studio which is truly OF. That OF studio does still have a walk out balcony and directly faces the ocean. Based on the previous post, it appears Marriott might not be showing the correct balcony for those units, but he layouts look accurate otherwise.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
The WKORV OF studios have a full walkout balcony. The OV studios at WKORV are Juliet balconies. The OF studios both have walkout balconies but they do have two versions of this studio which is a lock off of the OF 2 bedroom units Westin calls Deluxe or Premium. The studio part of the Deluxe OF 2 bedroom is actually on the side of the building and the views are great, but not dead on OF. Those Deluxe studios have more windows, feel larger, and have a bigger balcony but it is on the side of the building right behind the 1 bedroom OF. The middle part of the OF building has studio which is truly OF. That OF studio does still have a walk out balcony and directly faces the ocean. Based on the previous post, it appears Marriott might not be showing the correct balcony for those units, but he layouts look accurate otherwise.
I will add to say that I have stayed in both, and both are great. The deluxe studio which is called OF but really on the side just feels so much bigger and brighter but if one expects true ocean front, they might be disappointed. I would be happy with either one for different reasons.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.

I infer you are making a points reservation through Abound. The Westin reservation page clearly differentiates the two types of studio units ("premium" and "deluxe") on the reservation page.

There is a WKORV resort map in one of the Westin stickies. The deluxe studios are 2x26, 2x27, 3x26, and 3x27. The premium units are 2x31 and 3x31. I wish I could be more helpful.
Yes. Those are screen shots from the MVCI points reservation screen.
Both listed as OF and the two different floor plans are what you see when you click on each