• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which HGVC in Las Vegas?

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a choice of 2BR units at any of the 3 HGVC resorts in Vegas. I have read the reviews but am still unsure which one meets my needs best. Which would you recommend given:

- We're traveling with a ~10 yr old.
- We're unlikely to be doing much gambling. Mostly sightseeing, shows, warm weather activities.
- We will have a car, but we're not averse to walking.
- We'll be there Thanksgiving week
- We like nice (heated) swimming pools, hot tubs.
- Back/hip difficulties mean lower tolerance for hard mattresses.
- Having a husband means lower tolerance for traffic.

Was leaning toward the Flamingo because it's in the middle of the action, but then I read some posts that said it was getting worn. Also, that the competition for the pool is stiff, and traffic/construction in the area is tough (not issues during Thanksgiving week, I wonder?). And then there are the reports of hard mattresses. Maybe we would be better off at one of the others, which are newer, quieter...?

Sometimes it's harder when you have more choices.

Thanks for any advice.

-Corinne

Thanks

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flamingo is walkable to everything.. the hotel pool is not heated.
The timeshare pool is, but rather small.
The rooms are somewhat worn, but I wouldn't hesitate staying here.

LV Hilton on Karen.. Great rooms, Hilton is next door which is a nice hotel, good resturants, Star Trek experience. Close to monorail.
Large heated pool.. game room with pool table..

New HGVC on the Strip - I would not stay here until construction is completed.

My choice would be the Flamingo for Thanksgiving.. It might be cold in Vegas.. so I'm not sure how much swimming you'll do.

During the summer, I stay on Karen when I have my kids. There are too many college drunk , half naked people at the Flamingo hotel & pool during summer.

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
Indoor amusement park?

I think the HGVC on the Strip is within walking distance to Circus Circus, which has the indoor amusement park.

derb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Easiest parking is at the HGVC at the Las Vegas Hilton where parking is right outside the front door, Hardest parking is at the flamingo where you must park in level three or higher at the garage at the flamingo hotel, a short walk away from HGVC.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Corinne said:
- Back/hip difficulties mean lower tolerance for hard mattresses.
- Having a husband means lower tolerance for traffic.

The Club @ the Hilton has the new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses now....much, much better then the old beds, which were like rocks in my opinion.

As mentioned by others this location also has by far the easiest parking situation. You are a block off the Strip and it is very very easy to get in and around Vegas from here.

But you are right, if you have not been to Vegas, the Flamingo location can't be beat. I always valet at the Flamingo or the Club on the Strip because it is easier parking that way.

I am not sure you are going to find swimming weather at Thanksgiving, but then that is a matter of personal preference.

The new Strip location has the best "on site" pool, but the best pool overall is of course at the Flamingo, because you get to use the Flamingo Hotel pool area, but you may need to check, that the hotel pools will be open (the Club pools will be, but the Flamingo closes its pool sometimes during the winter months)

Rick

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always valet at Flamingo.. It's worth the $6.00/day

I just stayed at Flamingo, the beds didnt seem hard? But I'm not usually sensitive to those types of things

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Corinne, my first choice of the three would be the Flamingo. It was refurbished about 2 years ago so it is not "worn." I agree with Calidave, I would avoid HGVC Strip until the construction is finished - I did not appreciate hearing construction noise starting at 4AM on my stay this month..

I believe that the other two (LV Hilton & LV Strip) only have the tiny jacuzzi bathtub (in the master bathroom; no jacuzzi in the 2nd bathroom). The Flamingo has a large jacuzzi in the master and the smaller one in the 2nd bedroom.