• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which all-inlcusive resort in Cancun??

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My oldest DD is now a senior in college and is trying to plan a trip for about 10 people to Cancun for Spring Break '09.

Do any of you have any experience with the all-inclusive resorts in Cancun? I am wondering about quality (room & food), price, safety, location, friendliness of staff, etc...

Please post your comments and experiences.

Terry

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at moon palace, &adventura palace & a friend stayed at Cozuel palace. We enjoyed each but they are not cheap. If you stay at one, you can play at all & eat at any of the resturants. I would look at the ones in the hotel zone - Beach palace, cancun palace or sun palace

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I agree we stayed at Moon Palace springbreak 2004 (off the strip but has buses to downtown) very safe, good food (bad beach), good pool activities/rooms, staff very friendly

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the Palaces. Have stayed at Moon and Aventura. I have visited at least one morning/afternoon/evening each at Cozumel and Playacar. Spent a couple afternoons at Xpu-Ha. They have ALL been great. Never visited the Palaces in the hotel zone (yet!!) but I have no doubt they are wonderful. Being able to go back and forth between is really great.

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going with the palace resprt, my pick would be the XPU-HA palace
Best food, best beach and scuba diving spot, of all the Palace resort, you get your own hut in a eco friendly resort, been to moon, adventura,all great but love xpu-ha the most, but the AI for spring break is way over price,
not worth the money in my book, spring break time is like 500 to 700 dollers extra per. person per. week at spring break (give me abreak)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
RCI is currently running a special deal for the Sun Palace in Cancun. For a Sunday start they offer a fee of $79.99 and you don't have to give up a week in exchange. Guest certificate is $59 added to that. I just booked a week for my daughter and her husband for a total $138.99.

There is also a special reduced rate on the AI if you prepay it 30 days in advance of check-in as follows:

2008 FEES per room/week in double/single occ: Aug28-Dec16 US$952 (regular=US$1,666)2009 FEES per room/week in double/single occ:Jan01-Apr18 US$1,290(regular=US$2,256)Apr19-Aug22 US$1,048(regular=US$1,834) To receive this promotional price, the allinclusive fee must be prepaid.

Notice the AI fee is PER ROOM and not PER PERSON for double occupancy.

The Sun Palace gets good reviews on Tripadvisor and if you stay at one Palace Resort you can use the amenities and eat at any of the other Palace Resorts.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes!

I have never stayed to an all inclusive resort before and cannot believe how expensive they are. :eek: The "mandatory" portion is equal to eating at upscale restaurants three times a day plus some.

It appears that anything of quality will be a minimum of $1200, nicer places more than that. Add that to airfare and a little spending money, and this is definately more than I expected. :(

Terry

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'd have her check Resort Vacationstogo.com and see what they can do for her. Their prices seem (fairly) reasonable, and perhaps if she called to book a group she'd get a discount. One of the places, which they call Blue Bay Club but is now called Temptations, used to be the Plaza las Glorias timeshare.

For people who want last minute vacations, from certain areas (Dallas is one of them) they have air + all inclusives starting at about $500. per person.

Hope this helps.

Fern

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd also have her double-check with the resort before finalizing arrangements. They need to know the resort's policies about Spring Breakers and partying. Some resorts make it very clear that Spring Breakers are not welcome. A group of students during Spring Break may be expected to pay a large security deposit.

If they're not big into partying, then they may be uncomfortable somewhere that tends toward the wilder side. On the other hand, they wouldn't want to be kicked out of a quieter resort or hotel.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
RCI update on my post above: I just called RCI to try to book a second unit for the time my daughter and her husband are going as friends of theirs wanted to go at the same time. RCI told me there weren't any more units available at that special $79 price.

The reduced AI fees still show on the RCI website though.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Sun Palace is a couples only resort, FYI

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sun Palace is a couples only resort, FYI

Good point! I totally forgot that when I posted info for the original poster.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I have never stayed to an all inclusive resort before and cannot believe how expensive they are. :eek: The "mandatory" portion is equal to eating at upscale restaurants three times a day plus some.

It appears that anything of quality will be a minimum of $1200, nicer places more than that. Add that to airfare and a little spending money, and this is definately more than I expected. :(

Terry

If you are a COSTCO member contact them for the palace resorts they usually have good prices.

Also at Palace resorts they include tours to several places as well as all adult drinks and they have food 24/7 like a cruise ship and it is good, you also have non motorized activities.

davef

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI update on my post above: I just called RCI to try to book a second unit for the time my daughter and her husband are going as friends of theirs wanted to go at the same time. RCI told me there weren't any more units available at that special $79 price.

The reduced AI fees still show on the RCI website though.

I have a reservation for Feb. 2009, but I cannot find anything on the reduced AI fee, where did you see it?

We made this reservation through Extra Vacations, do we need to trade with our week or points?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a reservation for Feb. 2009, but I cannot find anything on the reduced AI fee, where did you see it?

We made this reservation through Extra Vacations, do we need to trade with our week or points?

I found those reduced AI rates by searching like a regular exchange in WEEKS, not points. I searched for Mexico - Cancun, all-inclusive and Sun Palace was the first one on the list.

Last edited:

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I got the half price AI also for Feb 09 and I had to trade a week to get it.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"Couples only" (not adults only) is what their website says. The Aventura Spa Palace is adults only so your boys could go there...

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Why all-inclusive??

You might want to rethink the all-inclusive...it is so much cheaper to go to wal-mart and buy breakfast & lunch foods to have at the resort if they get a kitchen. Then they could go out in the evening to see some night-life and have dinner. When you take all-inclusive deal you feel like you have to have all your meals at the resort since you paid big-bucks for them.

We buy our food and beverages for 2 for the week for about $40--50 and then go out for a meal to enjoy seeing places and people etc. Our resort even has planned outings to different nightclubs about 10 pm so group goes together with rec. staff and they stick together. I felt safer when our daughter went with the group and returned with the group even though it was late when she got back. She had a friend with her also, so that was good.

It could cost the kids a lot less money for their week. They will want to leave the resort anyway.
DonnaD

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Which all-inclusive in Can Cun

If it was ME, I would go to the Club Med.

I used to go to Club Med when I was a bachelor (many moons ago...) and ALL MY MEMORIES of Club Med are of GREAT FUN. Great food... plenty of sports and activities, all included... and LOTS OF FUN... Everything was planned for us, it was ALL GREAT FUN.

And Club Med in Can Cun is one of the BEST Club Meds in Mexico. (There are, I think, 4 Club Meds...)

J

JoeMid

Royal Holiday Club has Park Royal Cancun, my picky BIL/SIL stayed there and loved it.

Deleted part of this post that was an ad. Ads are not permitted in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

atkinson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palace Resorts are superior ... but you will have to check to see if they allow spring breakers. Also, many of the hotels will not allow reservations to anyone under 24, unless married. Bottom line is you (as a parent) will most likely have to go to shaparone, or will have to agree financially to be responsible