• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where do you fit into 7 billion?

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
When I was born, I was the 3,211,766,418th person on earth. :D

Interesting interactive calculator from the BBC News:

The World at 7 Billion

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm more than half a billion older...2,505,397,014th

Fern

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Very cool - thx for the link.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
And congratulations, if at birth you were the 2,500,000,000 or so person then living, you've already outlived at least 3/4ths of them!

Last edited:
L

laurac260

3,424,805,661st.

so if I'm the 3,424,805,661st born on earth (approx), and we currently have approx 7bil ON the earth right now, how many people are there estimated to have been born since the beginning of time?

Last edited by a moderator:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Do all of you realize you are posting your exact birth date by posting your number here? It is extremely easy, via trial and error, to do that on the web site. I just took one of your numbers, and within about a minute, figured out the date it corresponded to.

Just sayin'...

Kurt

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
3,424,805,661st.

so if I'm the 3,424,805,661st born on earth (approx), and we currently have approx 7bil ON the earth right now, how many people are there estimated to have been born since the beginning of time?

This website puts the total number born at 107,602,707,791. They list the assumptions they used to arrive at that number so you can decide how accurate the number may or may not be.

On the site posted by the OP, I'm shown as number 2,330,793,191.

L

laurac260

So you know then that I just had a birthday? 'Cause if you are asking, my favorite color is burgundy, I wear a size 10 shoe, my birthstone is opal, but I really love diamonds. :p

Do all of you realize you are posting your exact birth date by posting your number here? It is extremely easy, via trial and error, to do that on the web site. I just took one of your numbers, and within about a minute, figured out the date it corresponded to.

Just sayin'...

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you know then that I just had a birthday? 'Cause if you are asking, my favorite color is burgundy, I wear a size 10 shoe, my birthstone is opal, but I really love diamonds. :p
Yep, and you're just about the same age as I am! :D

And Fred has a birthday coming up later this month (and it's a big one! :cheer:)

Kurt

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I thought about that, but it bothers me not at all if people know how old I am. Obviously it does you...why? Too old, or not old enough?

Fern

Just sayin'...

Kurt

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm 2,xx5,xx1,396th (vetted so Pigs Dad can't figure out how old I am) :cool:

Hint: I'm over 59 and under 61 :rofl:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
A bunch of old codgers here :p , my number is over 4,000,000,000.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought about that, but it bothers me not at all if people know how old I am. Obviously it does you...why? Too old, or not old enough?
I don't care if anyone knows how old I am, but I do have an issue with putting my birth date out on a public site for identity theft reasons. That is just one piece of information that makes it easier for someone to get access to your credit, medical, employment, etc. records.

I am very careful regarding sharing my personal information on the internet, and I won't put my birth date (even w/o a year) on any site -- facebook, myspace, forums, etc. It is just not worth the risk to me.

I just made the post to inform people that they are putting their birth date on a public site by posting their number here, in case they didn't realize it. It doen't bother me a bit if you want to share your information to the world.

Kurt

Last edited:

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't care if anyone knows how old I am, but I do have an issue with putting my birth date out on a public site for identity theft reasons. That is just one piece of information that makes it easier for someone to get access to your credit, medical, employment, etc. records.

I am very careful regarding sharing my personal information on the internet, and I won't put my birth date (even w/o a year) on any site -- facebook, myspace, forums, etc. It is just not worth the risk to me.

I just made the post to inform people that they are putting their birth date on a public site by posting their number here, in case they didn't realize it. It doen't bother me a bit if you want to share your information to the world.

Kurt

There are a number of sites that will give you a person's birthday, along with a lot of other information. If someone wants to go to the trouble of finding my date of birth there are easier ways for them to do it other than decoding a big number posted on a web site where I don't use my complete name and where it is impossible to verify if I entered the correct number or supplied false information either accidently or intentionally.

I'll take chocolate chip cookies rather than cake for that "big birthday" that you posted that I have coming up! :)

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

So far all I know is:
your birthday is near (i.e., +/- 183) 3,424,805,661
your name is Kurt
you live is Northern Colorado
you own at HGVC Seaworld

Presuming that all this info you provided is correct, I feel I'm on the verge of knowing the rest of your vitals too. :eek: :D

Oh and all of the above applies to me too except my name, town, and resorts are different. The birthday info is right on.

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a timeshare a while back. The seller looked us up on the internet and simply mailed the paperwork to us. Or so he thought. Turns out there's another couple with the same names as my wife and me that lives elsewhere in CA. Our wives have a very unique spelling of their first names. In this case, they were most happy that some sucker (me) wanted this timeshare paperwork from them. He and I were similar ages but unrelated as best we could tell.