• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When a Covid 19 vaccine is finally on the market, who should be prioritized?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is behind a paywall but basically the UK government wants to make sure UK gets a good proportion of the vaccine when it is on the market, they hope 100 million doses will be produced by AstraZeneca by the end of 2020.
It is clear that the vaccine will be in short supply for a while. Every country, every state, every city and every clinic will fight for it. Younger people will want it in order to go back to work safely. Older people will say they need it more because they are more at risk. Well off people will want it and be able to pay more for the vaccine. The poor will say they are more at risk and already more impacted than the general population. This will have health, economic and political ramifications.

AstraZeneca and Oxford university agree deal to develop virus vaccine
Partnership that would prioritise UK could produce 100m doses by year-end if treatment is effective

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Who will be first..the politicians, politically connected, rich,...sad but true. Should be the most venerable...because the way the government has acted shutting down everything, death trumps all other issues.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
And many of those in this country who are unemployed have lost their health insurance as well, so that will be another hurdle they will have to overcome -- no job and no money to pay for the vaccine. Double whammy.

Kurt

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Our next big problem. My guess the order will be politicians, the well know, doctors and families not on the frontline, frontline employees, those who have a doctor, the institutions like nursing homes and the poor last.

It should be frontline employees, the institutions like nursing homes, the elderly and high risk groups, then the rest of us equally.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should first be the oldest and youngest 10% of the population who are deemed safe to get it then slowly squeezing toward the middle in 10% increments...

George

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The question was who should be (not who will be).
Here's my list:
1st -- Me.
2nd - DW and [then] other family.
3rd - Everyone else.

</smartass mode>

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting choice of words at no. 2. It seems your DW may be on the same level with 3rd cousins. My suggestion for you is to edit the comment while you still have time and before your wife finds your computer.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I think it should be egalitarian and whoever wants a vaccine should get one.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Maybe the vaccinations should be distributed at Disney parks, because that is something which will only happen in Fantasy Land! ;):ROFLMAO:

Kurt

Great idea. I love it. I was thinking Costco would be a great place to give Covid vaccines.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
I would be in favor of anyone that risked their lives in this thing to go first (all essential workers in contact with people), and I would include anyone that participated in a study, whether they were placebo or not. Let highest risk have a crack at it next, then anyone age 65+. Opt in or out for babies born. I'd prefer to see what happens to others before giving it to my newborn. Ditto women of childbearing age; needs study.

Let a few research hospitals in different parts of the country offer it to PCP appointments and every admittance. Incentive to visit your pcp... but not to be admitted!!

I'll let everyone else fight it out and walk up to the counter sometime after the dust clears.

With herd + early vaxxers, and not particularly high risk, I can wait a while. I am generally not an early adopter on these kinds of things.

geekette

Reaction score
Great idea. I love it. I was thinking Costco would be a great place to give Covid vaccines.
I like it at all grocery stores. We know that most everyone made their way to one of those. zap em on entry! teasing. I remember getting hit with perfume in dept stores of old... no infliction without informed consent.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like it at all grocery stores. We know that most everyone made their way to one of those. zap em on entry! teasing. I remember getting hit with perfume in dept stores of old... no infliction without informed consent.

Grocery stores is an even better idea than Costco! I guess we need to add Instacart for people who are shopping from home. LOL ;)

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ha ha! If it were Instacart, I would have mine right away whether I wanted it or not. "If you want your groceries, roll up your sleeve!"

geekette

Reaction score
How many of you got the SARS, MERS, and/or Ebola vaccines?
Not me, but there were no cases anywhere near me.

SARS vax, I don't think it made it to market. SARS seemed to have gone away. I think the US lost 2 people to Ebola? I don't remember a lot about MERS.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it should be egalitarian and whoever wants a vaccine should get one.
It should be free but I do not think it is realistic to expect the production to be high enough for everyone to get it in the first couple of months so they will need to decide who gets it first.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends which country develops it and how much each country and possibly each individual want to pay for it. Even in drug development for profit companies need to maximize their profits. Countries may decide they will cover the costs for their residents while others may choose not to.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Health care workers, first responders, the target age groups and the chronic ill patients and then the remaining US populations.