• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's best way to use Wyn with only 105K pts?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I used to have over 300K but deeded back two deeds. Now 105K seems like a pittance. So, if I make a ressie for as close to 105K pts as I can...and then I cancel...I can then roll over the cancel-points to next year? Thereby having more to use for a full week during a prime season? Or should I just try to sell or give away my 105K pts deed? TIA for any advice!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to have over 300K but deeded back two deeds. Now 105K seems like a pittance. So, if I make a ressie for as close to 105K pts as I can...and then I cancel...I can then roll over the cancel-points to next year? Thereby having more to use for a full week during a prime season? Or should I just try to sell or give away my 105K pts deed? TIA for any advice!

Use the credit pool. Too late this year to CP the points, but you can CP the next two years' points and have 315K at your disposal for this year if you have a need. If not, you can CP the next two years, then CP 2019 early next year, and have 315K to use for a checkin any time within 3 years.

Vacation at older resort where 77K or 105K will still get you a week.

If you can work with a Studio, deposit the points in RCI and exchange into something.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
No, you won't be able to cancel to move your points forward. You'll need to use the credit pool. You have to call Wyndham before your use year starts and pay the $39 fee to do this. But it's helpful to save up points for a future more costly stay, or to pull points forward from future years to use now.

Avoid the Prime season at the resorts you want to go to. Book Sunday - Thursday Reservations. 105k isn't a lot of points, but if you plan carefully you can still get some nice stays. There are several that I have in mind for situations where I don't have a lot of points left.

The other thing to consider is that you still have access to RCI, and if you have the flexibility, you might be able to get something nice from the last call deals.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would deed back the last 105k points unless you use the "free" RCI account. I doubt it is worth the hassle for that little. Also you may not be able to deed back contracts forever.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus you are paying a premium above the 55 cents per 1000 points on your Program Fee (an additional $68.20 yearly to meet the minimum base line).

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX Resorts accepts Wyndham weeks. I suggest taking a look.
I deposit 1 week/year and get some great exchanges.

Rich:wave:

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started with a 105,000 point contract and have gotten a lot of use out of it. In RCI, you can find lots of good weeks in one-bedrooms for 105,000. We just got back from a week at Saratoga Springs at Disney for 105,000 (and we did another exchange last November at the same property for 77,000).

There are also good off-season options for 105,000. We love Glacier
Canyon in the Wisconsin Dells, and you can get presidential units for four (or more) in the fall/winter for the points that you have available.

Or the credit pool, as mentioned.

Last edited:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would deed back the last 105k points unless you use the "free" RCI account. I doubt it is worth the hassle for that little. Also you may not be able to deed back contracts forever.

Oh, i dont know. I had over 500,000 and now down to 84,000. It gives me the 1 week at bonnett creek in early december where i go to every year at that time I then have the rci "sales" that i can use. I dont see it as a hassle and renting definitely would be a hassle

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The only reason I've kept this one is I never see availability in RCI (it's Wyn Old Town Alexandria in metro Washington DC) I would consider selling it but would never deed it back to Wyn for free after what I paid for it. The resorts I deeded back were El Cid I in Mexico. Just never seem to get priority window to get a good booking...don't even know how that's supposed to be done...online or by calling some number too busy to learn all the systems! But I like the SFX idea so maybe that's the way to go. Thx to all for posting so many good ideas!