• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What would be a good trader for 60K Staroptions

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
Here goes,

I am going to Cancun for Christmas, for 12/24-12/27 I had 2 rooms booked at Westin Cancun and from 12/27 - 1/3, 1 week (1bd premium) at WLR. I have been calling since even before the 90 day window and was finally just able to secure another WLR reservation for a 1 bd premium for the first 3 days. I am so ecstatic not to have to pack up, check out, switch hotels, check in, all in the middle of vacation and basically lose a whole day. Okay here's the question, I just borrowed 20k from next year's Options and have approx. 60k left over. I am fully booked for my 2009 Starwood and want to place these point into II perhaps for 2010. What property, size and season is best bang for buck 60k into II.

Last edited:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here goes,

I am going to Cancun for Christmas, for 12/24-12/27 I had 2 rooms booked at Westin Cancun and from 12/27 - 1/3, 1 week (1bd premium) at WLR. I have been calling since even before the 90 day window and was finally just able to secure another WLR reservation for a 1 bd premium for the first 3 days. I am so ecstatic not to have to pack up, check out, switch hotels, check in, all in the middle of vacation and basically lose a whole day. Okay here's the question, I just borrowed 20k from next year's Options and have approx. 60k left over. I am fully booked for my 2009 Starwood and want to place these point into II perhaps for 2010. What property, size and season is best bang for buck 60k into II.

You can not deposit partial weeks from SVN into II. You can only deposit full weeks. Staroptions are only useable within SVN.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Calgarygary is right, and in addition to that, you can only deposit what you own into II. So even if you reserve a full week at a resort that you don't own, you can't deposit it.

However, you can make a reservation with Staroptions and rent the week out.

Or you can reserve a week in a unit of the size you own, at the resort you own, and deposit it with II - as long as it's a full week. Of the 3 you own, I think SDO during Spring Training, or a high season week at Lagunamar would have the most trading power.

Last edited:

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only deposite the week you own. Although Starwood may depostie a week that is not from your resort/season, you cannot reserve at a different resort and deposite with II. For example, I own 81,000 SOs at Vv which is a 2br, non-lockoff. I can't deposite two 1br units totalling 81,000 SOs. I can only deposite a 2br.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
and any leftover as long as it is over 3700 can be donated through me for make a Wish for next year. will be putting the info out in august 2009.

barbra

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
Thanks for all the replies. I am always learning from you guys.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
60k SOs will get you a 1BD (premium) at Harborside during Gold season for a week, among other resorts. Just look at the chart and figure out what fits within your schedule.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plat. for Life
Ken555,

I was looking to bank something into 2010 as I have my 2009 vacations locked up and wasn't sure what to do with 60k leftover staroptions.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken555,

I was looking to bank something into 2010 as I have my 2009 vacations locked up and wasn't sure what to do with 60k leftover staroptions.

As others have already corrected stated, you may not deposit "leftover staroptions" into II unless they equal or exceed the value of your actual ownership week/lock-off. You are restricted to depositing only your ownership week into II.

If you cannot use more time for 2009 then your options are:

1) give the SOs away to family/friends
2) deposit into II, if it equals/exceeds your actual ownership week/lock-off
3) reserve a week somewhere and rent it
4) squeeze a few more days away by using these SOs to extend an existing reservation
5) donate the SOs to a worthwhile cause (see pointsjunkie's post below)