• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What to do in Sarasota in March

trishpmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I will be in Sarasota for a long weekend from March 2 to 6. If you have any recommendations for restaurants, sightseeing, attractions, activities, etc., I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks.
Trish

akbmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely the Ringling Museum

It is wonderful and relaxing. Definitely worth your time IMHO. Here is a link to the website:
http://www.ringling.org/

trishpmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amy, thanks for the suggestion. The museum and its grounds look wonderful. I think we would enjoy it.
Trish

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second St. Armands Circle. We really liked going there in the evenings, eating dinner, looking in the unique shops there and people watch. Then take a stroll down to the beach.

We absolutley love that whole area of Florida!!!

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Baseball Spring Training !!!

Trish-

If anyone in your family is into sports, baseball spring training games start about the 1st of March. There are several teams located in the area. BlueJays, Phillies, DevilRays, Yankees, Reds, & Pirates.

You can visit the Major League Baseball website and from there reach the individual teams sites to get information about their schedules and tickets.
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp

And here is a site with lots of information about spring training.
http://www.springtrainingonline.com/

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Mote Marine Aquarium and recommend the boat trip with naturalists aboard...a real learning experience! (www.mote.org)
Also go to the public beach on Siesta Key. The beach walking is heavenly and so relaxing. The sand is white and powdery, and is well-packed for your walk. You can stroll for 3 miles. Sunset there is wonderful!
Lots of great restaurant in our area, too.

Jim Bryan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go to Mote Marine eat at "The Old Salty Dog." It's right there. PC, on St. Armand's I'm partial to "Cha Cha Coconuts." It satisfies my beach nature and Island attitude.

trishpmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great suggestions. Keep them coming! I plan to print this page and the links' pages and take them with me when we go to Sarasota.
Trish

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Trish
Cresent Beach,Siesta Key is voted one of the best beaches for their quartz sand that is white and does not burn your feet. At sunset many people bring chairs and toast the sunsets. It is beautiful. I read an article that on Sundays there are musicians that play tamborines and dance to the sunset.

In Sarasota there is Woodys BBQ. Very small informal place in a strip mall near Sugar N Spice or Yoders Amish Restaurant. I much prefered their menu to the Amish one. It was delicious. All of these were TUG recommnedations when we visited.

http://www.woodysbarbq.com/images/menues/sar_brad.pdf

Address and phone are on the menu.

You can do a city tour on a Segway. I regret not trying this while we were there.

http://www.floridaever-glides.com/

Last edited:

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Sunday sunset celebration on Siesta Beach is at 5:30pm. We love The Broken Egg Restaurant on Siesta for breakfast and lunch (only), and Capt. Curt's on the key has awesome clam chowder.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
At least do the drive from Holmes Beach/Anna Maria Island on the North down to Siesta Key.

Our favorite Florida restaurant:

HOLMES BEACH Shells
3200 EAST BAY DR.
HOLMES BEACH, FL 34217
Phone: 941-778-5997
Fax: 941-778-7593

SARASOTA Shells
7253 S. TAMIAMI TRAIL
SARASOTA, FL 34231
Phone: 941-924-2568
Fax: 941-925-2458

Last edited:

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach

trishpmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread, just in case anyone has anymore suggestions. Thanks for all the great ideas!

Vodo

Reaction score
Drive over to Hillsborough County (Plant City) for the annual Strawberry Festival. Lots of good old-fashioned country fair fun. We'll be going on the 12th to see Trace Adkins and Big and Rich. While you're in the Tampa area, you can check out the Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo or Busch Gardens. Or you could take in a hockey game - go Lightning!

Cindy

trishpmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are back from our trip to Sarasota. We followed many of your recommendations: visited the Ringling Museum, drove from Anna Maria Island to Siesta Key, viewed the sunset on Sunday evening on Siesta Key, had lunch at Columbia Restaurant and shopped on St. Armand's Circle, and had breakfast at the Broken Egg. Because of your great suggestions, we had a wonderful time.
We would like to recommend a place for delicious gourmet pizza and Italian food, the 15 South Ristorante Enoteca near St. Armand's Circle.
Thanks for your help. We enjoyed it greatly and hope to return to Sarasota for a visit in the next year or two.
Trish

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the weather has been FANTASTIC, but the traffic has been bad:(

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Amy said, Go to the Ringling Museum. Many times they will have a special exhibit showing. We took our kids who came down for Christmas ('04). They had the August Rodin exhibit. They also have his house and the circus museum.

Sarasota Jungle Gardens is a mile or two south of there.