• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What sort of view will RCI exchangers get at Palace AI resorts?

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I wondered about this- heading to Aventura Spa Palace Feb 21, 09. Do exchangers have a shot at ocean view? Is there any designation on the confirmation regarding unit number? Thanks!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
When we stayed at the Sun Palace in 2001, they were offering free transportation and $75 towards a massage at the Spa Palace as it was just opening, and with the 9/11 thing, no one was going. Anyway, we took them up on it and amazingly, they did not even try to do a sales pitch!

I looked at my photos and the buildings are all 3 stories tall and it seemed like all the public areas - pool, restaurants, massage buildings, etc. were closer to the beach than the buildings. I do remember that the massage buildings overlooked the ocean. There was not much of a beach there - seems like little rock-filled lagoons were outside the massage buildings. I remember that the resort was awesome and food was delicious at one of the outdoor restaurants near the pool.

The Mayan Palace & Grand Mayan are only 3 stories tall too, so there must be some kind of regulation for timeshare resorts in the area. With 3 stories, and the buildings further back, it is hard to get an ocean view even on the 3rd floor if there are many trees.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There won't be a unit number confirmed ahead of your arrival. If I were you, I'd treat it like a hotel room...get there a few hours before check-in and ask to see 2 or 3 different units. Oh, and a tip can work wonders in Mexico. :wave:

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Ah- good advice!