• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What SIP means to me.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Just got an email than the golf course is closed until May 1st at least. For many people in my community, this will mean jail in place.
Hardly narrowly tailored and least restrictive.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems this ratings scale is very subjective? Someone rating a 9 but they are going out a few times a week to the store or a bank? I would put that more at a 4-5. Going to work daily or even several times a day, that is more like a 3, not an 8. Of course, these ratings are in my opinion and subjective.

I would put myself at a 5-6. Last time I went anywhere was Friday the 3rd, to Costco and to the grocery store. I do go out regularly, but probably not daily. Trash, mail, etc. USPS Delivery Digest is great. I can see if something worthwhile is coming and decide to go get it or not. Sometimes two to three days pass between mail pickups. We have a community mail building at our condo complex.

My wife is a 10. She hasn't left the house in 19 days. The last time she was out was March 22nd. That day we just took a drive down the coast with the convertible top down. We never got out of the car. The last time we did anything other than groceries was March 17th when I got a haircut, right before all of this started to really go down.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We started staying in doors March 13, Our official SIP began around March 25. Around March 6 when I saw things getting bad in New York I started stocking up on things before the true craziness hit. I purchased a mini freezer. It is fully stocked. We are definitely a 10. my husband is back to baking bread. We have ordered groceries. I wipe every item down with Clorox wipes Then leave it in the garage for 2 days unless it’s milk or meat or something refrigerated.

Sometimes I think about going to Costco and then I think how would I feel if I got my kids sick. I don’t need anything that badly.

i think the seniors in my life weren’t too concerned. Then I asked them all if they were interested in seeing their grand children graduate. Would they like to attend their wedding?

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I didn't see much of a risk, locally, until I looked at cases by zip code.
According to the Florida DOH, there are 12 confirmed cases in mine.

It may not sound like much in some places, but it's enuff to make me
take SIP more to heart.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highland Inn
DVC Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
I’m in the office 3 days a week and on those days I of necessity am in contact with probably 10-15 people. We’re conducting all of our appointments remotely (via telephone while the owner waits in the car), we wear masks at work, and frequently wash hands/sanitize surfaces. So three days a week I’m probably a 3.

The other four days, I’m probably an 8. I’ll do solo bike rides and take the dogs for a walk or out rabbiting, but I don’t have any contact with anyone except my husband. I figure I’m a weak link for others (on account of me still working) so I just try hard not to expose anyone else. Early on, I went to the grocery store once and the farmers market twice. But I’ve since figured out how to source food- Instacart, Farm box delivery- so now I don’t need to shop. We do get takeout but my husband picks it up (he’s a seven-day-a-week 8-9, he doesn’t go anywhere but the pharmacy twice and to pick up takeout a couple of times).

We started this around March 10. We were supposed to go away with friends the weekend of March 12 and we cancelled that. I remember our friends thought we were overreacting.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if older folks are more accepting of getting sick and dying. I know that every year I get older, I am more accepting. I am 54 now and I hope by the time I am 70+ that I am even more accepting of reality.

LOL, when I was 54 , I was still playing full court basketball, tennis, and still running the 100 and 200 meters for fun. At 73 years I am still cutting a 1/3 acre lawn with a self propelled Toro lawn mower., sometimes twice per week.

Ok, I do have a John Deer tractor as a back up to keep the Commander in Chief happy.

AGE is only a number. I still feel good. I still loved to travel (timesharing & cruising), and meeting people, but I dislike this SIP order. I liked to be doing something everyday. LOL.

Brett

Reaction score
We still go out for walks in the park, bird watching, etc. My wife occasionally goes to the (mostly empty) office
I've gone to grocery and home improvement stores.
is that a "5" ?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
We are in DC area. We went to a hamburger joint March 8 and it was packed. I was a bit nervous with the larger crowd so we ate outside (quite chilly) after someone sneezed in front of me . We realized that we needed to isolate more and have. My office started telework b/c possible C19 exposure--still on telework.
We now know people who got C19 and have been hospitalized and still not well after 2 weeks. One friend is still not totally recovered after 4 weeks even with supposed "mild" case at home. 101+ temp for over 2 weeks and still over 100 another 2 weeks.
I have asthma, so we're as close to a 10 as possible. Our family unit for SIP is 2 online college kids, DH and me. Grocery store in mask/gloves 1x/week. Sanitizing groceries/delivered packages in garage. Outdoors solo or with only us biking, walking. We feel very fortunate to be able to SIP with only inconveniences.

Our (usually only local) semi-public golf course is open. Golfers are driving to play from MD, a bit concerning.

Last edited: