• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What makes a Canadian

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
A good friend sent me this video. Honestly, after watching the protest marches this weekend...I needed something fun and lighthearted.

The last 3 months have been 3 years long....or so it seemed.

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Yes, that’s about right, eh?

I have many family members in the US and actually qualify for dual citizenship but I just love Canada. Yes, we are polite, but don’t cross us! Yes, we hate our taxes but love the benefits. Sigh, I guess it’s just home even though the winters suck sometime. Eh, I guess you can’t have everything. A friend in Vegas says you complain about the winters but try 120 f in Vegas in the summer. At least, you can warm up easier than cooling down. My Aussie friend finds it comical that we put our beer in the fridge to keep it warm during Canadian winters..

Yup, good song.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Outstanding, @spirits !
I'm ready to head to the Great White North!
And I cannot believe someone associated with Spacex forgot to send some Molson with Bob and Doug!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that. The photos were beautiful too, reminders of what makes life good. Those days will come back.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Great post. I love these Canada songs and it is easy to tell when the video is put together by someone who actually knows Canadiana. The real sign is Canadian Bacon. Many Americans are fooled into thinking sliced ham is Canadian bacon by companies who try to pass off cheap ham slices as it (and many TV shows on food network that call it that).

At the beginning of this video you see a pic of real Canadian bacon. It is typically back bacon or cured pork loin coated in cornmeal, sliced fairly thick and fried. Most famously called peameal bacon, first marketed in Southern Ontario, is the most common found in Canadian stores. Not the cheap slices of sandwich ham that you see in many Kroger stores and marketed as Canadian bacon.

:thumbup:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Now the fun with this video comes in thinking about something quintessential to Canada and see if you can find it in the video.

Grapes is there.
Gretzky and Messier and is that Maurice Richard?
Rush, Bob and Doug Mackenzie...
The list goes on.

And it is a catchy little tune at that.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enjoyed the video. I love Canada, it is a beautiful country and can’t wait to go back. Please let us in!!! :LOL:
Hi Nomab. Even us Canadians cannot really enjoy our country right now. All our national parks are closed along with campgrounds. But we are hoping that they open soon.

I would hope that your country regains its' health so that we can take down our borders. Stay safe.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am dual too. Canuck by Birth and US by residence.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one thing , I missed about the great country of Canada is cruising with my tugboat captain friend from Canada and his wife. God bless Canada and it's great people.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would be on our Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton trip then an overnight in Toronto to see family before flying home. Hopefully next year.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Now the fun with this video comes in thinking about something quintessential to Canada and see if you can find it in the video.

Grapes is there.
Gretzky and Messier and is that Maurice Richard?
Rush, Bob and Doug Mackenzie...
The list goes on.

And it is a catchy little tune at that.

Even though Gretzky is Canadian by birth he played for the Ducks and still lives in LA with some super model, lol. I brought this up at a bar in Cabo while talking hockey. I ended up buying a round of shots to keep the peace.

Bill

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even though Gretzky is Canadian by birth he played for the Ducks and still lives in LA with some super model, lol. I brought this up at a bar in Cabo while talking hockey. I ended up buying a round of shots to keep the peace.

Bill
Wayne got married in my city....Edmonton...when he played with the Oil Kings. He was like royalty in our city. When he got married I remember he had perogies on the menu. When he was traded to the LA Kings...it was like we had lost our first born child. He was really our home town hero. Our team has never been the same since. And I am not even a hockey fan!!! But that was a pretty special time in our city. Our football team and our hockey team....AND OUR CURLING TEAM....ahem....were world champions at the time. Then it all died...for the love of money in Gretsky's case.

Thanks for letting me brag about my home town.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22

Bill

Lots of famous Canadians work and live in the USA, many permanently. Many become dual citizens. One of the first was the famous star of the early movies, Mary Pickford, ironically known as "America's Sweetheart". Most are also always happy to return to Canada for a visit and are welcomed home. It works the other way too.

Just for the record, Gretzky got his start and made his initial fame right here in Canada playing for the Edmonton Oilers!! Just sayin'. :p

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wayne got married in my city....Edmonton...when he played with the Oil Kings. He was like royalty in our city. When he got married I remember he had perogies on the menu. When he was traded to the LA Kings...it was like we had lost our first born child. He was really our home town hero. Our team has never been the same since. And I am not even a hockey fan!!! But that was a pretty special time in our city. Our football team and our hockey team....AND OUR CURLING TEAM....ahem....were world champions at the time. Then it all died...for the love of money in Gretsky's case.

Thanks for letting me brag about my home town.
Would I be correct in stating the two most evil words in the English language are Peter Pocklington?

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
...when he played with the Oil Kings.
Ahem, Oilers. Just slip of the tongue there, but you could get in trouble with die hard fans for that! :)

The Oil Kings were a WHL junior team that left Edmonton in 1976 to relocate to Portland, OR and become the WinterHawks!! (I was a Portland girl before I was a PrairieGirl)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Would I be correct in stating the two most evil words in the English language are Peter Pocklington?

In the T.Dot**the name Harold Ballard qualifies.

**(Now know as the 6 - and current NBA champions.)

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
One of the best comedy shows ever is from Canada, imo. I can watch this show for hours.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Lots of famous Canadians work and live in the USA, many permanently. Many become dual citizens. One of the first was the famous star of the early movies, Mary Pickford,......
Just for the record, Gretzky got his start and made his initial fame right here in Canada playing for the Edmonton Oilers!! Just sayin'. :p
Well there were those first 8 professional games for the WHA Indianapolis Racers.
LOL

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Bill

Eh ?
professional career :
1978/79. to,1998/99 - 21 seasons

Racers-WHA
Oilers-WHA / NHL
Kings
Blues
Rangers

easyrider

TUG Member