• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is Vidanta Grand Collection?

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
When I bought, I thought I was buying Nuevo Vallarta Grand Bliss, when in actuality I bought what they are calling "Grand Collection" which they say is on the same level as the Grand Bliss.

I bought in December 2015, and apparently the Grand Collection is still in the planning stages and is yet to have anything built. Seeing that nothing has been built, I now understand why my contract specifies that I have access to Grand Bliss properties. Does anyone have any knowledge of what Grand Collection is and when it will be developed?

Side note, the individual on the phone stated that the last plans for the property under development in puerto penasco is a Grand Bliss. That said, I take that with a grain of salt because it seems they continue to change their mind on what property is being built there. :ROFLMAO:

rpennisi

Reaction score
When I bought, I thought I was buying Nuevo Vallarta Grand Bliss, when in actuality I bought what they are calling "Grand Collection" which they say is on the same level as the Grand Bliss.

I bought in December 2015, and apparently the Grand Collection is still in the planning stages and is yet to have anything built. Seeing that nothing has been built, I now understand why my contract specifies that I have access to Grand Bliss properties. Does anyone have any knowledge of what Grand Collection is and when it will be developed?

Side note, the individual on the phone stated that the last plans for the property under development in puerto penasco is a Grand Bliss. That said, I take that with a grain of salt because it seems they continue to change their mind on what property is being built there. :ROFLMAO:
Found this on Trip Advisor from a year ago...never heard of it myself in all the years I have gone to Vidanta (?)
""Grand Collection is considered a fairly big upgrade from Grand Mayan - can you tell me what it includes that Grand Mayan does not? I know it does not include Grand Luxxe, but does it include Grand Bliss, Kingdom of the Sun (future), and Grand Mayan and all of the lower level (Mayan Palace, Sea.., Cascades, etc.)?""

rpennisi

Reaction score
Found this on Trip Advisor from a year ago...never heard of it myself in all the years I have gone to Vidanta (?)
""Grand Collection is considered a fairly big upgrade from Grand Mayan - can you tell me what it includes that Grand Mayan does not? I know it does not include Grand Luxxe, but does it include Grand Bliss, Kingdom of the Sun (future), and Grand Mayan and all of the lower level (Mayan Palace, Sea.., Cascades, etc.)?""
PS Nobody had an answer.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Kingdom of the Sun is dead, right? I was under the impression that Kingdom of the Sun was related to their attempt to have cirque du soleil in Nuevo Vallarta.

I will never again buy something under development from an unknown organization. Part of my rights in my first 10 years were to have access to Kingdom of the sun, and even if it gets done, it will be after my 10 years . . . when I will not have access to it. Live and learn, I am just glad I got what I consider to be a really good price on this TS so that I don't feel too cheated.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The Collection & The Grand Collection were not future builds.

IMO they were a way for Vida Sales to simplify the sales process and offer a carrot of future NV Park access.

The Collection : Bliss -Mayan Palace -Sea Garden ( future-Cascades)

The Grand Collection : Grand Bliss -Grand Mayan (future - Kingdom of the Sun)

IMO -these contract versions also gave the opportunity of simplifying things for the reservations staff. One of Vidanta's complexities is that not all brands are in all locations and number of buildings per brand / location etc. vary.
Re : Kingdom of the Sun / Cascades
I am not sure of what names / buildings / brands will be inside the Park / Vidanta World.

Imperial xx has been added with contracts sold that gave Park access in a hotel with the Imperial designation.

Kingdom of the Sun Lofts was a model shown on floor 9 GB -NV . I have a feeling that KS Lofts may not be built - but you never know.

There may be Cirque " events" within Vidanta World - but it will not be a Cirque Theme Park.

[ FYI - I am writing from memory / so variations may occur ]

Last edited:

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
The Collection & The Grand Collection were not future builds.

IMO they were a way for Vida Sales to simplify the sales process and offer a carrot of future NV Park access.

The Collection : Bliss -Mayan Palace -Sea Garden ( future-Cascades)

The Grand Collection : Grand Bliss -Grand Mayan (future - Kingdom of the Sun)

IMO -these contract versions also gave the opportunity of simplifying things for the reservations staff. One of Vidanta's complexities is that not all brands are in all locations and number of buildings per brand / location etc. vary.
Re : Kingdom of the Sun / Cascades
I am not sure of what names / buildings / brands will be inside the Park / Vidanta World.

Imperial xx has been added with contracts sold that gave Park access in a hotel with the Imperial designation.

Kingdom of the Sun Lofts was a model shown on floor 9 GB -NV . I have a feeling that KS Lofts may not be built - but you never know.

There may be Cirque " events" within Vidanta World - but it will not be a Cirque Theme Park.

[ FYI - I am writing from memory / so variations may occur ]
Just your off the record opinion . . . do you think I was cheated by Kingdom of the sun being included in the initial contract for access rights, and then they never built it?

My opinion, had they just talked about it (and not put the rights in the contract), it would have been my fault for being a sucker. But because they put the rights in the contract (and didn't build it), I think I have a legit beef to feel cheated.

Do you think there is any recourse I can take with Vidanta? I have no interest in going to a government organization, I am just wondering if I can say "you promised me X, you didn't deliver it. Now I want Y in my contract"

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
Just your off the record opinion . . . do you think I was cheated by Kingdom of the sun being included in the initial contract for access rights, and then they never built it?

My opinion, had they just talked about it (and not put the rights in the contract), it would have been my fault for being a sucker. But because they put the rights in the contract (and didn't build it), I think I have a legit beef to feel cheated.

Do you think there is any recourse I can take with Vidanta? I have no interest in going to a government organization, I am just wondering if I can say "you promised me X, you didn't deliver it. Now I want Y in my contract"
I am in the same boat. Bought into it in 2018 for 10 years access to park. It is under construction but not sure I will see it in my lifetime. Let me know what you find out. Would appreciate it.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
I am in the same boat. Bought into it in 2018 for 10 years access to park. It is under construction but not sure I will see it in my lifetime. Let me know what you find out. Would appreciate it.
My 10 year contract comes up for renewal in January 2026. I am fairly sure I will extend it, but I am still having thoughts that I shouldn't. I am curious what your rates are to use your rooms. For 2023 mine are as follows:

Grand Collection 1 Bdrm (whatever that is) $1376
Grand Bliss 1 Bdrm $1423
Grand Mayan 1 Bdrm $1305

10 year renewal fee is $1376 for each week, and I have two collection weeks so that will be somewhere around $3100 (not sure about increases between now and then). I got Vidanta to give me the historical rates that existed for year one (2016), the prices have gone up 4.6% annually. This historical increase rate makes me think I should either negotiate the rate down at renewal or just not renew. An increase rate of 4.6% is not sustainable in the long-term, and I will never end up using the contract because I have better options elsewhere.

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My 10 year contract comes up for renewal in January 2026. I am fairly sure I will extend it, but I am still having thoughts that I shouldn't. I am curious what your rates are to use your rooms. For 2023 mine are as follows:

Grand Collection 1 Bdrm (whatever that is) $1376
Grand Bliss 1 Bdrm $1423
Grand Mayan 1 Bdrm $1305

10 year renewal fee is $1376 for each week, and I have two collection weeks so that will be somewhere around $3100 (not sure about increases between now and then). I got Vidanta to give me the historical rates that existed for year one (2016), the prices have gone up 4.6% annually. This historical increase rate makes me think I should either negotiate the rate down at renewal or just not renew. An increase rate of 4.6% is not sustainable in the long-term, and I will never end up using the contract because I have better options elsewhere.
I will check and get back to you. Haven't gone in 2023. Not sure of pricing.

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will check and get back to you. Haven't gone in 2023. Not sure of pricing.
I have a Celebrate Park Contract. The maintenance fees for this year should I use them are the same exactly as yours except that I don't have access to the Grand Collection. At least they are consistent this time lol.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @douglasmhines and @klpenny
My suggestion is to contact VMS / Vidanta Member Services and ask how this is being handled .
re: Park access / Kingdom of the Sun etc.

I would suggest being very positive and mention how you love the resorts.& are looking forward to the Vidanta World stage one opening.

Obviously they have many similar contracts - and will have to come up with a resolution that works. - so you may not receive an immediate answer.

Remember - the " hotel side " of Vidanta wants your business and for you to be a happy member & visitor. VMS works for them too.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Hi @douglasmhines and @klpenny
My suggestion is to contact VMS / Vidanta Member Services and ask how this is being handled .
re: Park access / Kingdom of the Sun etc.

I would suggest being very positive and mention how you love the resorts.& are looking forward to the Vidanta World stage one opening.

Obviously they have many similar contracts - and will have to come up with a resolution that works. - so you may not receive an immediate answer.

Remember - the " hotel side " of Vidanta wants your business and for you to be a happy member & visitor. VMS works for them too.
apparently member services doesn't take phone calls. Does anyone know a point of contact I can email or call?

in 2021 I drove down to talk with member services, and at that time they told me that I could only speak with sales while at the resort and was told to call. Obviously the sales person had no desire to work with my current contract because his job was to sell.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Kingdom of the Sun is dead, right? I was under the impression that Kingdom of the Sun was related to their attempt to have cirque du soleil in Nuevo Vallarta.

I will never again buy something under development from an unknown organization. Part of my rights in my first 10 years were to have access to Kingdom of the sun, and even if it gets done, it will be after my 10 years . . . when I will not have access to it. Live and learn, I am just glad I got what I consider to be a really good price on this TS so that I don't feel too cheated.

I thought the Kingdom of the Sun buildings were built in Vidanta World. We drove by this heading to Bucerias and its looking like a gigantic castle with trams and attractions.

Bill

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
So I played customer service roulette and got a little more information.

Per this individual, Kingdom of the Sun is nearly complete. She did confirm that membership services wouldn't take my call until it became clear that the promises in my contract were not going to be met during my initial 10 year contract. She said it wasn't ideal that they wont take the call, but for the time, it is policy. After talking with her I now understand more about my contract and my previous confusion related to member services.

Previously I was told that I had to visit a resort to talk with a member services person about my "kingdom of the sun" issue, so I drove to puerto penasco. That said, the people in puerto penasco didn't know what to tell me, so probably pushed me to sales because they determined that a contract change was necessary. In reality, I just wanted to better understand my contract and focused a little too much on kingdom of the sun not being completed.

This July I am going to the Villa Flamingos resort in Nuevo Vallarta, so she said to reach directly out to her and she will coordinate a property tour so I can see what I bought back in 2016. She assured me that it is nearly complete, and not in the planning stages as one customer rep told me a few days ago. I clarified that I am not interested in a sales pitch and she said, "no, we will show you what you have. this tour will be coordinated by membership services, not sales."

I also mentioned my concern with the cost increases since 2016, and she provided me with the actual increase numbers:

2016 2.90%
2017 4.00%
2018 4.40%
2019 3.70%
2020 3.70%
2021 5.00%
2022 9.05%

She stated that the increases are a fixed computation based on CPI and Mexican inflation. I was not happy to see increases every year, but I was relieved to see that the largest increases tie with our current insane inflationary period. That tells me that once the inflation gets under control, I can expect to see a rate in the high 3's (for a normal year).

The customer service rep also clarified what "Grand Collection" is, she said it will be a room level in between GL and GB, but basically at the GB service level. The resort will be within the boundaries of the "kingdom of the sun" themed park, but I will be able to reserve a room in any of the resorts at or below my level (GB, GM, etc), so I don't have to stay in the park if I don't want to. She also offered me a free upgrade to GL for my first stay at the property. As we get closer to my travel date for Villa Flamingos, I think I am going to give her a call to see if I can get a free one day pass to use the GB pools while I am in town. Now it is time to start talking to the wife about going to Nuevo Vallarta a second time in 2024

One last thing, per her . . . the resort in Puerto Penasco is building a GB, though there is no timetable and she didn't feel it was close to being completed.

Last edited:

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I played customer service roulette and got a little more information.

Per this individual, Kingdom of the Sun is nearly complete. She did confirm that membership services wouldn't take my call until it became clear that the promises in my contract were not going to be met during my initial 10 year contract. She said it wasn't ideal that they wont take the call, but for the time, it is policy. After talking with her I now understand more about my contract and my previous confusion related to member services.

Previously I was told that I had to visit a resort to talk with a member services person about my "kingdom of the sun" issue, so I drove to puerto penasco. That said, the people in puerto penasco didn't know what to tell me, so probably pushed me to sales because they determined that a contract change was necessary. In reality, I just wanted to better understand my contract and focused a little too much on kingdom of the sun not being completed.

This July I am going to the Villa Flamingos resort in Nuevo Vallarta, so she said to reach directly out to her and she will coordinate a property tour so I can see what I bought back in 2016. She assured me that it is nearly complete, and not in the planning stages as one customer rep told me a few days ago. I clarified that I am not interested in a sales pitch and she said, "no, we will show you what you have. this tour will be coordinated by membership services, not sales."

I also mentioned my concern with the cost increases since 2016, and she provided me with the actual increase numbers:

2016 2.90%
2017 4.00%
2018 4.40%
2019 3.70%
2020 3.70%
2021 5.00%
2022 9.05%

She stated that the increases are a fixed computation based on CPI and Mexican inflation. I was not happy to see increases every year, but I was relieved to see that the largest increases tie with our current insane inflationary period. That tells me that once the inflation gets under control, I can expect to see a rate in the high 3's (for a normal year).

Christina (the customer service rep) also clarified what "Grand Collection" is, she said it will be a room level in between GL and GB, but basically at the GB service level. The resort will be within the boundaries of the "kingdom of the sun" themed park, but I will be able to reserve a room in any of the resorts at or below my level (GB, GM, etc), so I don't have to stay in the park if I don't want to. She also offered me a free upgrade to GL for my first stay at the property. As we get closer to my travel date for Villa Flamingos, I think I am going to give her a call to see if I can get a free one day pass to use the GB pools while I am in town. Now it is time to start talking to the wife about going to Nuevo Vallarta a second time in 2024

One last thing, per her . . . the resort in Puerto Penasco is building a GB, though there is no timetable and she didn't feel it was close to being completed.
Thanks for the update! Appreciate it. Please keep me posted on what you discover. We were in NV last spring. We were told the park would be open that fall. When I called in the fall they said they had no idea when it will open. It looked like when we were there some of it was built.

rpennisi

Reaction score
apparently member services doesn't take phone calls. Does anyone know a point of contact I can email or call?

in 2021 I drove down to talk with member services, and at that time they told me that I could only speak with sales while at the resort and was told to call. Obviously the sales person had no desire to work with my current contract because his job was to sell.

Customer Service Representative/Customer Care Center
USA & CANADA: 1-800-292-9446
England: 0-800-096-9367;Mexico: 800-543-7044
Brazil: 0-800-025-8715;Other Countries: +52-322-176-1431
Mon.-Fri. 9a.m.-8 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. CST

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We are going to PP in May and will be at the GM. We will not take the update tour, but will ask when we check in. When we checked in back in 2021, there was a different check-in area for GM and GL. They told us the unfinished building would be GL, but I think it looks more like a GB because the room size openings and decks do not look as big as GL in NV or RM.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
The Kingdom of the Sun isn't dead. There are three Kingdom of the Sun buildings (KoS I, II & III). I bought the Loft Park Terrace which is the top two floors of the Kingdom of the Sun II building. It looked to me that the KoS buildings were 6 stories tall. There are no hotels IN the park. But they are around the perimeter of the park just outside whatever fence type barrier they build.