• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the most efficient amount of points?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've used a Woodstone at Massanutten week that is in a similar situation; the resort is an RCI points resort, but my week is not enrolled in RCI points. Because mine has gone through, I believe that yours would as well.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I've used a Woodstone at Massanutten week that is in a similar situation; the resort is an RCI points resort, but my week is not enrolled in RCI points. Because mine has gone through, I believe that yours would as well.

Good to know. HICV has a similar type of system that WM has and they will not accept the Loreley because the resort is IN RCI Points even if my week is not. That is why I was asking. HICV fee is only $75 to deposit, this WM one is more at $129.

I have too many TPUs so I am always looking for other options, and this might be one.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know. HICV has a similar type of system that WM has and they will not accept the Loreley because the resort is IN RCI Points even if my week is not. That is why I was asking. HICV fee is only $75 to deposit, this WM one is more at $129.

I have too many TPUs so I am always looking for other options, and this might be one.

The verbiage around the WM program is the same as the HICV program. If HICV won't take it I doubt WM will.

It's interesting, because the HICV program uses TPU whereas the WM uses size/season.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The verbiage around the WM program is the same as the HICV program. If HICV won't take it I doubt WM will.

It's interesting, because the HICV program uses TPU whereas the WM uses size/season.

Except @Eric B posted above that they take his Woodstone at Massanutten week which is a week at a RCI Points resort. So I guess I will need to investigate more.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except @Eric B posted above that they take his Woodstone at Massanutten week which is a week at a RCI Points resort. So I guess I will need to investigate more.

True. You could try it. I'm pretty sure that limitation (which is in both sets of docs) is RCI imposed as they don't want competition for their points conversion products.

If RCI has missed flagging Eric's Massanutten resort that's awesome for him. But if they flagged yours at HIVC I bet they will flag it on the WM end as well.

Obviously, the only way to be sure is to try, but I wouldn't buy it just for that. If you're going to get one for MM/IS its worth a try for sure.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Actually, the wording on the RCI Exchange Plus form on the subject is pretty specific that "Weeks associated with the RCI Points Program are not eligible for exchange through the Exchange Plus Program" rather than "Weeks at a resort that is associated with the RCI Points Program...." It's more similar to the limitation on Wyndham PIC-eligible weeks, which is open to weeks at a resort that's associated with the RCI Points Program, but not enrolled in it.

The other thing to consider is that RCI, Club Wyndham, and WorldMark are all Wyndham Destinations products, so allowing weeks that could be in the RCI Points program to be used in Exchange Plus for WorldMark or the Wyndham PIC Program isn't really taking business away from Wyndham Destinations, but instead a different pair of methods for Wyndham Destinations to obtain the inventory for rental (for a fee) from owners that don't want to be in a continuous program like RCI Points. Not really sure about what the restriction is for HICV and weeks in that sort of program is, but it appears to be more of a contractual relationship between RCI and HICV rather than something RCI can do unilaterally or to sister-components of the same corporation.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
I'm in the market for a Free 5K if anyone is unloading.

I want it primarily for MM and IS, as the Texas resorts I want to stay at are very frequently on this list. I have access to these via Wyndham Club Pass but without VIPP available for discounts, MM or IS is actually a cheaper path.

MM/IS costs about 10/8 cents with taxes. Depending on how many credits your reservation is for, MM/IS might not be cheaper than renting credits from others and paying house keeping. When I bought my account, I thought I'd use some MM/IS/BT, but I don't find it cheaper for my travel style.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV wording is as follows..... so it is pretty clear. Don't think that WM wording is as clear, based on @Eric B comments.

1608670853474.png

WM wording is a bit more loose...
The Qualified Timeshare Week must be located at a resort that is affiliated with an External Exchange Program (RCI or II) so that Member is able to obtain a confirmed space bank from the External Exchange Program.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
dgalati yes picking up one or two nights on bonus time is cheaper than points and HK fees. That's why for a few years I would like to have 2 memberships so I can pick up bonus time on both of them. With bonus time you can only have one reservation at a time (I think) and none can be longer than 4 nights. The earliest you can book your next bonus time is the day you check out of your bonus time reservation. So having 2 accounts would allow me to piece together either a few nights at different resorts while travelling or even 2 consecutive stays at one resort but perhaps in different room types where normally I would have to pay housekeeping. I could also put a different second name on the account to avoid guest certificate fees if I could figure out who is likely to use my account the most.
I like this stategy.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
MM/IS costs about 10/8 cents with taxes. Depending on how many credits your reservation is for, MM/IS might not be cheaper than renting credits from others and paying house keeping. When I bought my account, I thought I'd use some MM/IS/BT, but I don't find it cheaper for my travel style.

Good point. For instance, Marble Falls has 13% tax. That is payable on cash reservations, but not credits. So that is an offset to the HK for credit reservations.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good point. For instance, Marble Falls has 13% tax. That is payable on cash reservations, but not credits. So that is an offset to the HK for credit reservations.

What is tax on Hunt and New Braunfels? Does anyone know?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doesn't look like there are taxes on those (Stablewood Springs and New Braunfells). The ones that have taxes include a link to the attached file on their pages in the resort gallery. That link is midway down on the right side. See, e.g., the following for Marble Falls:

The two you asked about don't have that link and aren't listed in the document on tax information.

Attachments

• WM tax_information.pdf
    80.8 KB · Views: 11

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doesn't look like there are taxes on those (Stablewood Springs and New Braunfells). The ones that have taxes include a link to the attached file on their pages in the resort gallery. That link is midway down on the right side. See, e.g., the following for Marble Falls:

The two you asked about don't have that link and aren't listed in the document on tax information.

Thanks, never noticed that Tax info before. Is there a link someplace to the latest available WM directory online?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's the link to the 2021 version:

Thanks, I think the last edition I had was from 2017. Is there a summary of fees anywhere, including rates for IS, MM etc? It is a reservation fee or saving fee like Wyndham Charges.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is inside the owner portion. I attached a pdf. It hasn't been updated for the 2021 changes to bonus time and housekeeping charges announced at the link below.

Attachments

• WorldMark, The Club | Current Rates and Fees.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 6

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is inside the owner portion. I attached a pdf. It hasn't been updated for the 2021 changes to bonus time and housekeeping charges announced at the link below.

Thanks that was what I was looking for, but since I am not a WM member I can't navigate there.

So does this mean there is NO reservation fees? can someone confirm?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's correct; there are no reservation fees for making a WorldMark reservation with your credits. There would be for doing a club pass reservation, but you wouldn't be eligible to do that with resale credits anyway. There's also no fee for canceling so long as you do that before the applicable deadlines.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's correct; there are no reservation fees for making a WorldMark reservation with your credits. There would be for doing a club pass reservation, but you wouldn't be eligible to do that with resale credits anyway. There's also no fee for canceling so long as you do that before the applicable deadlines.

I wouldn't use Club Pass as I am a Wyndham VIPP owner.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wouldn't use Club Pass as I am a Wyndham VIPP owner.

Didn't think you'd use club pass; VIPP is listed in your resorts owned. I just figured I'd include that for completeness for other readers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Didn't think you'd use club pass; VIPP is listed in your resorts owned. I just figured I'd include that for completeness for other readers.

Got it. Makes sense.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks that was what I was looking for, but since I am not a WM member I can't navigate there.

So does this mean there is NO reservation fees? can someone confirm?
Yes no RT fees. Cancel and re book without the hassle or worries of having to pay to use your ownership. The HK fees are also based on room size. Not one size fits all like the Wyndham system.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you buy an annual Internet access to use while staying at WM? Or is that only available with TravelClub or whatever those perks are called?

If available, what is the price?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Can you buy an annual Internet access to use while staying at WM? Or is that only available with TravelClub or whatever those perks are called?

If available, what is the price?
$50 for 2 devices. There is nothing in Travelshare that you can't purchase more cheaply elsewhere.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
dgalati yes picking up one or two nights on bonus time is cheaper than points and HK fees. That's why for a few years I would like to have 2 memberships so I can pick up bonus time on both of them. With bonus time you can only have one reservation at a time (I think) and none can be longer than 4 nights. The earliest you can book your next bonus time is the day you check out of your bonus time reservation. So having 2 accounts would allow me to piece together either a few nights at different resorts while travelling or even 2 consecutive stays at one resort but perhaps in different room types where normally I would have to pay housekeeping. I could also put a different second name on the account to avoid guest certificate fees if I could figure out who is likely to use my account the most.
Great perspective. I do have 2 accounts and did not know the limitations on having only one bonus time reservation at a time per ownership.

Last edited: