• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the Best US Based Resort to Quarantine for 6+ weeks?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck vol_90 and hope you are able to get somewhere! Be careful.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
1st attempt at leaving Dhaka for Bangkok was unsuccessful. As of this morning Thailand requires a medical certificate issued within 72 hours of boarding which proves you don't have the coronavirus even if you are only transiting. A lot of very unhappy people at the check in counters. Police had to be called in to settle the situation down. I didn't spend much time waiting around as there were too many people. The Dhaka airport was basically empty except for the Thai counter.

Working on trying to get a medical certificate for a Thai flight out on Tuesday March 24th (Singapore, Qatar, Emirates & British Airlines have all cancelled flights indefinitely while Thai stops service on March 28th). If I can get to Hawaii on March 25th I will not be required to self quarantine for 14 days which goes into effect at 12:01AM March 26th. I plan to quarantine anyway and stay away from people if I can get out of here. Wanting to drink an ice cold Coors Light on the balcony.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep us up to date how it goes.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
1st attempt at leaving Dhaka for Bangkok was unsuccessful. As of this morning Thailand requires a medical certificate issued within 72 hours of boarding which proves you don't have the coronavirus even if you are only transiting. A lot of very unhappy people at the check in counters. Police had to be called in to settle the situation down. I didn't spend much time waiting around as there were too many people. The Dhaka airport was basically empty except for the Thai counter.

Working on trying to get a medical certificate for a Thai flight out on Tuesday March 24th (Singapore, Qatar, Emirates & British Airlines have all cancelled flights indefinitely while Thai stops service on March 28th). If I can get to Hawaii on March 25th I will not be required to self quarantine for 14 days which goes into effect at 12:01AM March 26th. I plan to quarantine anyway and stay away from people if I can get out of here. Wanting to drink an ice cold Coors Light on the balcony.
Good luck.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’ve only been a Wyndham owner for 6 years so there are many resorts I haven’t been to yet. Of those I have stayed at, Bonnet Creek would be my choice. Remembering that I would be quarantined at the resort, I would want a lake view and I’m assuming I’d be able to have food delivered. There are a few good food options in the resort itself, plus the restaurants at the Wyndham Grand Hotel next door. If not there, I’d want a location with an oceanfront view.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Praying for you to be able to get out of there as soon as possible, vol_90 and for you to remain healthy.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
On last Cathy Pacific Flight out of Dhaka to Hong Kong in 3 hours. Flight leaves 1:05AM Tuesday March 24th Dhaka time. The Hong Kong airport shuts down on Wednesday March 25th to all visitors including transit. Have JAL flights from Hong Kong to Tokyo and Tokyo to Honolulu (arrive 10AM) Tuesday. Things are changing rapidly. Will quarantine at the Ko Olina Beach Club until May sometime. It will be difficult to get flights back to Dhaka. Time difference is 16 hours so much easier to work from Hawaii than Texas or Florida.

Bangladesh is shutting down all government offices from March 26th to April 4th.

Off to the airport. Should be a ghost town with no traffic! A once and a lifetime experience in Dhaka.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may be able to make it to Ko Olina then! Good luck, I hope it works out. You need to get somewhere.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stay at Home order for all in Hawaii effective March 25th (not sure what the limitations are and will find out today). 14 day quarantine for anyone arriving in Hawaii effective March 26th. View from room #31625 Hale Naia building. Pools still open for now. Beach closed, Four Seasons closed, Disney closed, golf course closed. Ko Olina Island Country market open along with a few other restaurants (take out only) and stores. Occupancy under 20%
1585159167092.png

1585159219093.png

Last edited:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Stay at Home order for all in Hawaii effective March 25th (not sure what the limitations are and will find out today). 14 day quarantine effective for anyone arriving in Hawaii effective March 26th. View from room #31625 Hale Naia building. Pools still open for now. Beach closed, Four Seasons closed, Disney closed, golf course closed. Ko Olina Island Country market open along with a few other restaurants (take out only) and stores. Occupancy under 20%
View attachment 18248
View attachment 18249

Nice views to be quarantined at.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I absolutely love those lagoons.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a reservation for Marriott Desert Springs and got an email yesterday strongly recommending we cancel the reservation. This was from the general manager. Our reservation is April 13th.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Someplace remote, with a small population and local Trauma Level 1 hospital.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a reservation for Marriott Desert Springs and got an email yesterday strongly recommending we cancel the reservation. This was from the general manager. Our reservation is April 13th.
A new order at Riverside County came out yesterday that all short-term rentals including timeshare need to be closed.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I just got an email from Maui Lea at Maui Hill (where we own) that contained this statement:

"We ask that all guests with existing reservations through April 17, 2020 reschedule their visit at this time."

The information actually came from Aqua Aston, which has overall management of the resort. There was also this information:

"Here’s what you need to know:

• The 14-day quarantine mandate applies to all arrivals to the state of Hawaii.
  • The mandate begins on Thursday, March 26 at 12:01 a.m. and will continue indefinitely.
  • Visitors are responsible for quarantine costs.
  • Visitors are to quarantine at their rented lodging.
  • Data such as name, phone number and address of the hotel will be collected from the state’s agriculture form that travelers fill out prior to arrival.
  • Violation of the quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or jail time."

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Stay at Home order for all in Hawaii effective March 25th (not sure what the limitations are and will find out today). 14 day quarantine for anyone arriving in Hawaii effective March 26th. View from room #31625 Hale Naia building. Pools still open for now. Beach closed, Four Seasons closed, Disney closed, golf course closed. Ko Olina Island Country market open along with a few other restaurants (take out only) and stores. Occupancy under 20%
View attachment 18248
View attachment 18249

Glad you made it. I have a view of the empty lagoons and pools. If you come out on you balcony we can wave to each other. I am in room 11114. Here are some pics of the pools and I believe your balcony.

We can wave "HI" to each other.
126fbd2a46c7c0afb5fe8cd36f5b2bd8.jpg
d754b202edf1bc8a8df514893c6f7d72.jpg

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you made it. I have a view of the empty lagoons and pools. If you come out on you balcony we can wave to each other. I am in room 11114. Here are some pics of the pools and I believe your balcony.

We can wave "HI" to each other.
126fbd2a46c7c0afb5fe8cd36f5b2bd8.jpg
d754b202edf1bc8a8df514893c6f7d72.jpg

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Yes we are middle top floor of the 2nd picture. Still concerned Marriott may close this down. I would look at Airbnb options in Hawaii if they do.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can they close it down if you have to self quarantine for 14 days? Surely that would violate policy?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
How can they close it down if you have to self quarantine for 14 days? Surely that would violate policy?
Interesting question. However the quarantine started today. So if @vol_90 arrived in Hawaii prior to today they could move locations. Let us know how it plays out.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting question. However the quarantine started today. So if @vol_90 arrived in Hawaii prior to today they could move locations. Let us know how it plays out.

I agree, but surely in the entire place one person arrived today (or will tomorrow). vol_90 arrived before today, I just don't see how they will close it, we'll see.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Yes we are middle top floor of the 2nd picture. Still concerned Marriott may close this down. I would look at Airbnb options in Hawaii if they do.
Was assured the only way that the resort would close down is if govt ordered it. It has to do with owners owning a specific unit and reserving time. Guess it is illegal to prevent you from using your week. Cant lock you out of your home for no reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree, but surely in the entire place one person arrived today (or will tomorrow). vol_90 arrived before today, I just don't see how they will close it, we'll see.
There were 4 scheduled arrivals left last night at 7pm. Dont know if they arrived or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Received a message under the door late this afternoon "we are asking all Owners and guests currently in Hawaii to strongly consider immediately returning home" also said "Please note that, at this time, Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club remains open (although this could change based on a government order/directive), however, the amenities and services available to Owners and guests will be extremely limited" i.e. everything closed and all services stopped except maybe someone at the front desk.

We have to stay at this time with no other place to go. Fingers crossed government doesn't close it down. Only a select few would remain and can survive with no services. Island Country Market will remain open.

Beautiful sunset tonight:
1585285801401.png

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would contact the front desk and tell them your story. It's important that they know your situation I believe.