• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the Best Time of Year Florida?

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
We are thinking about going to Orlando, but I have a hard time in humid weather. When is the best time to go to Florida when it is not humid? What about May or June, what is the weather like in regards to humidity? What is the Hurricane weather span. Thank you all!
Dorene

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gone to Orlando the first week in May and the humidity was only bothersome one day. The rest of the week was fine. We have gone many times in April (school vacation) and always had great weather. By June you can expect to have those daily afternoon thunderstorms and humidity.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been during mid- to late-February, and over Memorial Day. Late May is getting to be hot, though the humidity doesn't get crazy until later in the summer. May also has those thunderstorms.

We really like the February time, but we also live where the ice and snow has been flying for a good three months by then, so we're ready for a break.

Jim Bryan

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've lived in Florida all my life. For me as a local I like Jan. through first of May. I worked outside for 28 years as a Lineman for GTE and looked forward to cool weather. Ideal for me would be Feb----April.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite time is Halloween week.

I have family that live in Florida but Im a dry Utah girl. Anytime between the end of October and the end of May is good. June gets to be a little warm but ok. If you are going to the parks I would stay away from the holidays and spring breakers.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
You said you don't like the summer humidity - how do you feel about winter temps? It can get cold at night during the winter, and swimming may not be an option. What is your ideal? I was in Orlando one December and the temp dropped down to 16 - plan accordingly!

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anytime from mid October to end of April for me, bearing in mind there's usually a cold spell around Christmas, or early January, but at least it's sunny.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
May is just like May on the east coast - sunny and low humidity (usually of course). It's cheap to fly there in May because you're leaving nice weather.
I also love late October and early November - same type of weather.

Jim Bryan

TUG Member
Reaction score
May in Central Florida is when it usually starts turning hot, without intermittent cool days. Could be one of the hottest month's to me, because one day it's nice and the next its summer.

Detailor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like March. If you wait until the second week of the month the weather usually becomes a bit more predictable and NICE! But it isn't either horribly hot or particularly humid.

Dick Taylor

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Thank you all, you have been most helpful! :)

Dorene

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Florida Sunshine.

What is the Best Time of Year Florida?
We like Florida any time, but specially when there's snow up to the windowsills & ice up the the hubcaps back home.

Lately, we've been taking a week or 2 at Orlando timeshares in early- to mid-January each year.

Can hardly wait to go back.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
October

I live in Florida 1/2 time and October is my favorite month. No snowbirds and kids are back in school and weather is usually still pretty nice.

Nancy

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Visa? Master Charge? Discover Card? American Express?

No snowbirds and kids are back in school and weather is usually still pretty nice.
Yeah, but don't those snowbirds arrive carrying cash & checks & credit cards ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Snowbirds

I have nothing against snowbirds. I'm sort of one. It's just that it is much less crowded in Florida in October and weather is nice.

nancy

NANA3B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Time for Florida

If you plan to do Disney the best time would be late January through February. We were there January 28,2007 and the weather was perfect except for a rain shower. I have also been in July and I would rather not do that again, but with 3 grandsons - I probably will.

Carl D

Reaction score
What's the best time to visit Florida?
That depends on where in Florida, and what your plans are when you get there.

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not October, oftentimes it is very muggy in October. I would not recommend August, September, or October. These seem to be the muggiest months in South Florida. As for Orlando, I am not sure I would want to visit there in the summer either unless I had no other choice. October may be fine for shorts and a tee shirt but not if you wear a suit to work and have to walk outside to get to your car.