• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the Best Bonvoy Points Trip You Have Done?

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of Bonvoy Points, and want to plan a trip. We have used points for London County Hall in the past. What trips would you recommend? Would you share your itinerary?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The best use of bonvoy points for me was a 7-night cert + airline miles back then before the devaluation. Right now it's not as spectacular deal, but a 5-night package for MVC owners is still a good deal, if you know how to maximize airline points.

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best use of bonvoy points for me was a 7-night cert + airline miles back then before the devaluation. Right now it's not as spectacular deal, but a 5-night package for MVC owners is still a good deal, if you know how to maximize airline points.
Yeah, we did that as well. We are MVC owners, too. Are you saying to combine an exchange, and use points for the flights? We still have lots of points, and we want to use them up.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We have an upcoming trip to the Swiss Alps to ski. It will either be the best trip we ever took - or #Bonvoyed. Will report back.

We used points at the Ritz Carlton Maui to extend a week's stay at our WKORVN. I only wish we had purchased 2 nights instead of 1 and used points on the hotel side instead of the Residences to use points more wisely. The kitchen in the residences was not useful so the hotel would have been fine.

Last edited:

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
Through Italy - did five nights each in Rome, Venice & Milan using pre-Bonvoy points. As Chairmans Club, we got a lot of upgrades and breakfasts. We did go to other cities but didn't use points in those because we weren't staying five nights.

Another great trip with a lot of points used was to South Africa where we used points for hotels in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Livingstone, Zambia (to see Victoria Falls).

On our way to India (no points used there), we used points to stay over for three nights in Abu Dabi at the Ritz-Carlton. Perhaps the best hotel we've ever stayed at, at least the most impressive.

Good luck . . .

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paris and London. Amsterdam, Brussels and London.
We went to London and stayed at County Hall. I loved it! We had a view of Big Ben! Then, we had a timeshare exchange for a week in the countryside. I loved England.

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I turned 270,000 Marriott points into an old category 6 five night travel cert (stayed at Springhill suites Springdale -Zion National Park-wonderful) got 110,000 Southwest points plus almost two years of a Southwest Companion pass which saved me $1800 on its own, apart from the points. Thanks to my very knowledgeable friends at TUG! Love TUG, Marriott and Southwest!

pipet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai, Marriott Shadow Ridge
Darlene, I loved London County Hall, too. I was there in 2017 with my teenager. We also stayed at Breadsall Priory in Derbyshire (only a cat 4 so a bargain 5-night package option), which was neat because part of the hotel dates to the 1200s, and nearby Chatsworth House is a must see (even more so if you like Jane Austen), plus it's near a national park if you like hiking. It's also a great location for many central England day trips if you want to venture farther than London allows and get off the beaten path a bit (I would definitely recommend a car for the area). On another trip with points, we also had a great time in Ghent, Belgium, which isn't always on the radar. There's a lot to see in Ghent itself , and it's convenient for a lot of day trips. I'm not a huge beer drinker, but the Belgians have a beer for everyone (I tried some that were amazing), and you can have incredible chocolate every day. The Marriott is right along a canal so you can walk to tons of restaurants and much of the city's attractions (we didn't hire a car for most of our stay in Ghent). I also remember that both Ghent and Breadsall had nice breakfasts for Plats, always something I consider.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fiji, got basic room, titanium upgraded to ocean front bure (hut),msna upgrade to over the water Bure. So, Bonvoy paid for the base room and ended ip with $800 or so a night room. Bonvoy also paid for flights for 2 to Fiji.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
When I turned 270,000 Marriott points into an old category 6 five night travel cert (stayed at Springhill suites Springdale -Zion National Park-wonderful) got 110,000 Southwest points plus almost two years of a Southwest Companion pass which saved me $1800 on its own, apart from the points. Thanks to my very knowledgeable friends at TUG! Love TUG, Marriott and Southwest!

We did this back in January of 2016 and 2018 (right before SW got rid of this loophole in their CP qualification) and got seven night packages in Orlando and Mira Mesa (San Diego North). Had great trips both times and with the Companion Pass those SW points were effectively doubled. My wife hasn't paid for a flight on SW since 2015.

If the question is "what WILL be your greatest use of Bonvoy points" we're planning on doing about 18 days in Italy (a 5-day package, two five-night stays, and then free night certificates) in Rome, Florence, Venice, and Naples September 2021.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
We did this back in January of 2016 and 2018 (right before SW got rid of this loophole in their CP qualification) and got seven night packages in Orlando and Mira Mesa (San Diego North). Had great trips both times and with the Companion Pass those SW points were effectively doubled. My wife hasn't paid for a flight on SW since 2015.

If the question is "what WILL be your greatest use of Bonvoy points" we're planning on doing about 18 days in Italy (a 5-day package, two five-night stays, and then free night certificates) in Rome, Florence, Venice, and Naples September 2021.

Maybe a silly question but how do you get the travel packages? Can you book online through Bonvoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Maybe a silly question but how do you get the travel packages? Can you book online through Bonvoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want a 7-day you can call Bonvoy, if you want a 5-day I think you have to call MVC. I haven't done it in a while. I don't think there is any online capability.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
St. Regis Florence, Italy, Renaissance Lucerene, Switzerland, Marriott Champs Elysees Paris, France, just to name a very few

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Converted (2) Travel packages before the changeover last year-when they were a better value. Got 9 nights at StR Maldives. (Couldn't stay the 10th night) and (2) biz class seats from JFK-DOH-MLE on Qatar in the Q Suites. Total value of the trip was about $18k. I think it was about 600k points.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to agree about Ghent, our room had that great view of the canal and as you pointed out, it is wonderfully located. If for some reason I had to live in Europe, I'd pick Ghent. It's possible to catch a train through the chunnel into London, catch a matinee and get back the same evening. And Ghent seemed eminently livable.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want a 7-day you can call Bonvoy, if you want a 5-day I think you have to call MVC. I haven't done it in a while. I don't think there is any online capability.
I"ve gotten the 5 night certs through Marriott directly several times. You have to get someone that knows what they're doing or have them check with a supervisor. I've found telling them about the option and specifying you're a MVC member helps. It was my understanding that MVC couldn't do this but I think they can grease the rails and get you transferred over to Marriott, they have in the past.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marbella, London. Paris, Rome. Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh, London. Milan, Cinque Terre, Florence, Naples, Sorrento, Madrid. Berlin, Leipzig, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Berlin. Frankfort, Munich, Venice, Monaco, Paris. Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta. Cancun.

Underlined cities were non Marriott/Bonvoy.

Future possibilities Russia, Scandinavia or South America. Looked at Australia, Singapore, Philippines and Japan but the air travel time is just too much for us from New York.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did this the past 2 years:

5 nights in Singapore and 5 nights in Hong Kong with a cruise going from Singapore and Hong Kong. Venice, Rome, Florence - 2 separate cruises, One ending in Rome and we then went to Florence for 3 nights before getting on a train back to Rome and staying on in Rome for 5 nights. On a separate cruise, we started our stay in Venice for 3 nights and then went on to Rome for 3 nights where we got on our "Italy and Greek Isles" cruise.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Marriott Ile de France 2 bedroom for 6 people with 5th night free. Great if you rent a car and explore the area, 1-2 days in Paris and a 1-2 days at disney. Less ideal for daily trek into Paris