• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

what is PIC?

seussg111

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much does it cost? Worth it? Do I still pay yhe fees for my fixed week? Basic overview would be appreciated.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You own a nonWyndham ts week which is in Rci resort. Wyndham gives you Wyndham points and they deposit it into RCI thru them.
You pay Wyndham to place the week as a PIC on your memberid. You pay Wyndham $89 yearly to keep it as a PIC week and your pay Wyndham to do the deposit it into RCI and give you Wyndham points. You don't do the wyndham oints, you used it or deposit it yourself into RCi or whereever.
Yes.you pay you MFs as before.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
In order to pic a non wyndham week you have to make a retail purchase from Wyndham. Is it worth it? Check out the cost of a retail purchase direct from Wyndham vs. "buying" points on the resale market where people are literally paying people to take their points. One reason it was popular is that the PIC points allocated toward your non-wyndham week would count toward VIP levels. But, like everything else with this company, they stipulate that things can be changed at any time and it has frequently been rumored that PIC week points would stop being counted toward VIP. The other drawback is that the right to PIC a week does not transfer if you sell your points.

We used the PIC program to take us to Platinum about 10 years ago. We enjoy it, but we did it before Wyndham started making all of their various changes. We were able to PIC 3 weeks, now I think that there is a limit of 2. As long as they continue to count PIC points toward VIP I have no regrets about what we did because our cost per point overall came in very close to the resale value of .02 cents per point at the time. If they do they change the policy, then it was a lesson learned.

If it is something you are seriously pursueing, pm me for one or two more pieces of advice.

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
what is pic

if you do decide to pic your weeks,you can buy a wyndham resale contract from wyndham,I think the point value has to be at least 126,000,but it will cost you half of what a new purchase would . just make sure the $2395.00 to pic a week is done for free to you.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you do decide to pic your weeks,you can buy a wyndham resale contract from wyndham,I think the point value has to be at least 126,000,but it will cost you half of what a new purchase would . just make sure the $2395.00 to pic a week is done for free to you.

You can't PIC a week unless you purchase at least 77,000 points from wyndham directly. Resale purchases don't count to PIC weeks.

Jason

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the $2395 that you are talking about is for when you take a converted Wyndham week and convert it to points. Not sure of current prices, but it used to be $2395 to convert the first week and then $995 to convert up to 4 more at the same time. This is totally different from PIC weeks.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the $2395 that you are talking about is for when you take a converted Wyndham week and convert it to points. Not sure of current prices, but it used to be $2395 to convert the first week and then $995 to convert up to 4 more at the same time. This is totally different from PIC weeks.

...and don't count towards VIP status either when the original fixed weeks are purchased resale.

Jason

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

There is no charge to PIC a week (except of course to purchase new developer points)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't PIC a week unless you purchase at least 77,000 points from wyndham directly. Resale purchases don't count to PIC weeks.

Jason

according to the corporate salesman Im working with this has been dropped to 50000 points per week

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is off topic a little, but regarding converting fixed weeks...This can be done by paying the fee without a purchase of new developer points, or it can be done without the fee, but with a purchase of developer points
But in either case the converted weeks do not count toward VIP unless those weeks were purchased directly from the developer.

There has been some talk that some salesmen at some of the resorts will make an exception and make you VIP with enough converted fixed weeks

Similar to the talk that you can trade in your existing points at a different resort and buy some new points to get a new deed and VIP status

Who knows if either of the above are true...and which resorts are offering these deals?

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
what is pic

my computer keeps locking up on this site when i hit 2 key's at the same time,i had to start this post over . you guy's are extremely vicious tonight, I only post what i have done and try to pass it on for others,i don't post to be posting as some do ,so i will try to explain this as best i can ,I hate to type,if you own 2 weeks at a non wyndham resort but is affiliated with rci ,example you have a 4 bdrm at massanutten look in directory it is worth 254,000 point's, an you own a 2 bdrm. at blue ridge village ,it is worth 154,000 ,you can go to a wyndham corporate location,(i thought any co.only had 1 corp.office,)and purchase a contract that wyndham calls resale ,its a foreclosure,or repo what ever you or they want to call it, for about half the new point price,when I did it I purchased 105,000 I saw a form that stated you had to buy at least 126,000 they can do what they want, i then pic'd my 2 week's they want yes $ 2395 to make an already converted week into a pic week and an additional $995.00 for the second week (you can talk them into picing the weeks without paying the $2395 and the $995.00 ,by pic'ing those 2 weeks it gave me 408,000 points plus the 105,000 that totals 513,000 which is gold vip corp locations MB,Smoky Mtns. ,Orlando etc. $89 is to put those points in wyndham every year. I hope this clarifies it a little better.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
my computer keeps locking up on this site when i hit 2 key's at the same time,i had to start this post over . you guy's are extremely vicious tonight, I only post what i have done and try to pass it on for others,i don't post to be posting as some do ,so i will try to explain this as best i can ,I hate to type,if you own 2 weeks at a non wyndham resort but is affiliated with rci ,example you have a 4 bdrm at massanutten look in directory it is worth 254,000 point's, an you own a 2 bdrm. at blue ridge village ,it is worth 154,000 ,you can go to a wyndham corporate location,(i thought any co.only had 1 corp.office,)and purchase a contract that wyndham calls resale ,its a foreclosure,or repo what ever you or they want to call it, for about half the new point price,when I did it I purchased 105,000 I saw a form that stated you had to buy at least 126,000 they can do what they want, i then pic'd my 2 week's they want yes $ 2395 to make an already converted week into a pic week and an additional $995.00 for the second week (you can talk them into picing the weeks without paying the $2395 and the $995.00 ,by pic'ing those 2 weeks it gave me 408,000 points plus the 105,000 that totals 513,000 which is gold vip corp locations MB,Smoky Mtns. ,Orlando etc. $89 is to put those points in wyndham every year. I hope this clarifies it a little better.

Clear as mud

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Clear as mud

I think what she was trying to say on the converted week is that if you have a fixed week with Wyndham and purchase a new contract, they will convert it to points and let you pick a week or two. This is what I did at Mrytle Beach, not the "Coorporate Office sales location off site. They were nice enough to throw in a Sands Unit for free with the deal to PIC.

Last edited:

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
what is pic

well ya got the gist ,but no you buy the already converted fixed wyndham week from wyndham,that is worth 105,000 points ,then you have 2 week' that are not wyndham weeks,you pic those 2 weeks giving you 154,000 and 254,000 points so the 154,000+the 254,000+105,000 =513,000 wyndham plus points your now vip. is there something wrong with this plan ?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
well ya got the gist ,but no you buy the already converted fixed wyndham week from wyndham,that is worth 105,000 points ,then you have 2 week' that are not wyndham weeks,you pic those 2 weeks giving you 154,000 and 254,000 points so the 154,000+the 254,000+105,000 =513,000 wyndham plus points your now vip. is there something wrong with this plan ?

If Wyndham is giving you VIP Status this way, absolutly not. Thanks, learn something everyday. I was not aware that Wyndam treated already converted weeks that they re-sell as PIC Weeks. That is a great path to get it classified that way. They are clearly VIP eligable points if done in that fasion under the PIC provision for VIP eligable points. Myrtle Beach has great sales offices for creative thinking. Your postings hopefully partially answer one of Ron's earlier posts on a thread pertaining to the general topic of alternate ways to get VIP status and Identifies a sales location that is doing it.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Wyndham is giving you VIP Status this way, absolutly not. Thanks, learn something everyday. I was not aware that Wyndam treated already converted weeks that they re-sell as PIC Weeks. That is a great path to get it classified that way. They are clearly VIP eligable points if done in that fasion under the PIC provision for VIP eligable points. Myrtle Beach has great sales offices for creative thinking.

I dont understand him saying you can PIC Wyndham fixed weeks (converted or not) into the points system

I think he's saying: two non-Wyndham, 3 bedroom red weeks, associated with RCI (not points) can be PICed into the Wyndham system at 254000 points each with the purchase of a new 105000 point direct purchase from Wyndham total points 613000 total points and a Gold VIP membership

This is nothing new and its been presented here more than once...In fact Im shopping for those 3 bedroom weeks right now, but Ive added a additional criteria...I want those weeks to have an mf under $700 (under $3/1000 points mf) and I want them to have some stand alone special value to me (at a resort close to my grandkids, a great trader, driving distance from my home, a good rental property/week etc)

Whats new is the October deadline to get it done...After October it will take 700000 points to go Gold...but the strategy will work to go Silver...The question still remains....does it make financial sense to do it? and the answer...probably not

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
glad I could help,I contemplatied doing this for several years,not wanting to spend thousands . I hope someone from wyndham doesn't read this now and stop it from happening anmore.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... does it make financial sense to do it? and the answer...probably not

Depends, if one rented units successfully in high demand weeks such as New Orleans, and one could get a high enough rental on the those weeks to pay for the principle over a reasonable period of time from existing inventory, the new purchases, and the VIP Platium Discount, maybe. To go to Silver maybe if one is the actual user and likes vacations. If the rental market improves on rents received, it might pay for itself over time. To go from Silver to Gold, I do not think so. I tend to agree, from what I have seen in on-line availability, the Gold VIP level is going to be the big losser on this deal. What is now VIP appears to be already getting squezed out for the VIP discount plus the upgrade at the better resorts. VIP Gold appears to be already going this way. VIP Platium was not raised for the points needed. Therefore, I think it is probable that existing Gold to Platium members will continue to increase.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
glad I could help,I contemplatied doing this for several years,not wanting to spend thousands . I hope someone from wyndham doesn't read this now and stop it from happening anmore.

They might, the Sales Manager that put the deal together for me in Mrytle Beach apparently got in trouble for doing it and I had to argue with Wyndham to honor the written contracts. Take what you got and run.

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
ronprise what i'm saying is that is the contract you buy from wyndham it may not be a fixed converted week in my case it was,just whatever contract that they will sell you ,the point of this rant was to say, buy a resale repo,whatever from wyndham , this gives you a devolepor contract,which you can now put in 2 non-wyndham weeks into as pic's, I already owned the 2 week's so I used what I had. but if I was going to look for unit's to do this with I would find 2 ea. 3 bd,rm. to get the most bang for my buck,and meet all those pramiter's you listed which mine did. no I doubt this a new thought ,as amatter of fact ,I thought I had read one of your post's that said you had done this .

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends, if one rented units successfully in high demand weeks such as New Orleans, and one could get a high enough rental on the those weeks to pay for the principle over a reasonable period of time from existing inventory, the new purchases, and the VIP Platium Discount, maybe. To go to Silver maybe if one is the actual user and likes vacations. If the rental market improves on rents received, it might pay for itself over time. To go from Silver to Gold, I do not think so. I tend to agree, from what I have seen in on-line availability, the Gold VIP level is going to be the big losser on this deal. What is now VIP appears to be already getting squezed out for the VIP discount plus the upgrade at the better resorts. VIP Gold appears to be already going this way. VIP Platium was not raised for the points needed. Therefore, I think it is probable that existing Gold to Platium members will continue to increase.

In my case it was a case of exchanging thru rci ,the fee's were killing me in a little over 2 years i made 54 exchanges cost about $10,000 ,and almost all were back into wyndham my contract with wyndham didn't cost that much , so for me it made sense , but for someone else it may not.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
In my case it was a case of exchanging thru rci ,the fee's were killing me in a little over 2 years i made 54 exchanges cost about $10,000 ,and almost all were back into wyndham my contract with wyndham didn't cost that much , so for me it made sense , but for someone else it may not.

Good point, I do not use RCI much because of fees. If you are paying RCI fees for use, than that does change the cost analysis.