• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is more popular with renters - the week before (including) or after (including) Easter Sunday?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you reserve weeks you're planning to rent independent of Easter and go for popular school breaks like last week of March, first week of April, second week of April?

Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If it is a drive to location, I would look at some of the major school systems in the state or surrounding states to see when they have off. Also look if there is some kind of popular event or festival taking place during that general time frame. In the mid atlantic the week before or after easter is a common week to have off.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Spring break week is now a powerful week to rent and owned.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Depends on where the resort is located. If its in the northern part of the USA none of those times are good unless it is a ski destination.

For warm weather locations I have found demand for weeks before and after Easter to both be good for rentals. If its in a location where winter is the high demand time February and March could be best.

The best week to rent will be dependent on the resort and the location.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you reserve weeks you're planning to rent independent of Easter and go for popular school breaks like last week of March, first week of April, second week of April?

Thanks
In Orlando, the middle of March would be a prime season. Check the universal and disney annual pass block-out dates. Those are blocked out because it is so busy.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is much influenced by school schedules. in the areas the resort draws from. If most schools are off, Holy Week, that will. be higher demand. If most schools are off the week after Easter (which is common if Lent is early), then that week will be in demand.

In Latin American countries, especially Mexico, Santa Semana (Holy Week) is always a prime week, comparable to Christmas/New Years, with the week after Easter trailing slightly.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I think the week before Easter is a little more popular than the week after. However many schools have gone to a Spring Break week instead of the week before or after Easter. It's easier for families to know they have the same Spring Break week each year than trying to figure when Easter falls from year to year. Spring Break weeks can be any week in March to early April from what I've seen. I can't say that I've seen a particular week that's the most common.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I think the week before Easter is a little more popular than the week after. However many schools have gone to a Spring Break week instead of the week before or after Easter. It's easier for families to know they have the same Spring Break week each year than trying to figure when Easter falls from year to year. Spring Break weeks can be any week in March to early April from what I've seen. I can't say that I've seen a particular week that's the most common.

The issue with Spring Break is sorting out families from college students. I don't like asking for driver's licenses to sort out college students so I avoid Panama City Beach, Daytona Beach, and Myrtle Beach during Spring Break. Around here (No. Virginia), public schools are off the week before Easter and parochial schools are off the week after Easter.

I have found large Presidential units at Bonnet Creek to be very consistent sellers, even at full price. Full price on a 4BR Presidential unit at Bonnet Creek can be as high as 424,000 or as low as 231,000. 424K turns out to be pretty expensive.

Last edited:

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is a drive to location, I would look at some of the major school systems in the state or surrounding states to see when they have off. Also look if there is some kind of popular event or festival taking place during that general time frame. In the mid atlantic the week before or after easter is a common week to have off.

Looking at resorts on Hilton Head, SC. Drive location? It's hard to say who considers HHI a drive location. We do and we're from MI. Spring breaks for schools I know about range from early March to early April, independent of Easter. I checked Spring Break for a colleges in NC and TN which would be considered an even better drive location. Both were in March. The weather isn't consistently warm on HHI in March so maybe NC, SC, GA and TN people would make the drive to FL (even though the resorts on HHI say it's getting into their busy season).

Talked with someone on the Island who has rented out their apartment for several years. She says both all of March and April are consistent renters.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Marriott hilton Head weeks are always 100% full at Easter on the 10 times in the last 18 years that I have been. Where I live, our week is the week before if Easter is late and the week after if Easter is early. So it is always the toward the last week in March to mid April. IMO that would be more popular than earlier spring breaks because February and early March can be cold. HHI is definitely a drive to location but people drive from Ohio as well as the mid atlantic and points south.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott hilton Head weeks are always 100% full at Easter on the 10 times in the last 18 years that I have been. Where I live, our week is the week before if Easter is late and the week after if Easter is early. So it is always the toward the last week in March to mid April. IMO that would be more popular than earlier spring breaks because February and early March can be cold. HHI is definitely a drive to location but people drive from Ohio as well as the mid atlantic and points south.
Ohio….
I checked Ohio University and Ohio State. Both have Spring Break mid-March.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ohio….
Maybe Ohio-ians don't bring their kids but the parking lots at easter are filled with cars with ohio plates. I would look more at public schools and not universities because it isn't college age kids going to Marriott timeshares in HHI. It's parents with school age children or adults without children. Cincinatti public schools have spring break starting March 28, Columbus is April 15. Cleveland is earlier at mid march.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
As a parent of 2 kids in Fairfax County Public schools (largest system in NOVA), this has recently changed. For both this year and next the FCPS spring break is the first full week of April. The recent calendar realignment has not been painless.

Around here (No. Virginia), public schools are off the week before Easter and parochial schools are off the week after Easter.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
As a parent of 2 kids in Fairfax County Public schools (largest system in NOVA), this has recently changed. For both this year and next the FCPS spring break is the first full week of April. The recent calendar realignment has not been painless.

Any idea why FCPS did that?

My "kids" finished at West Springfield HS in 1999 and 2000 so I readily admit to not being up to date.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have been wondering the same thing about Hawaii. Is the week before or after Easter more popular with Hawaii?

My guess would be the week after Easter so you can fly the Saturday before Easter, spend Easter Day in Hawaii and fly back the following Saturday.

Our kids go to a Catholic school and they always get Good Friday through the following week off. This year, they are getting the Wednesday before Easter off through the following week.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The easiest way to determine this is to use the TDI for the area in Interval International. That will tell you which weeks are most in demand for that area. All resorts in that are on II have the same TDI.
Here is the TDI for Orlando for example:

1646277290015.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Any idea why FCPS did that?

I am a little reluctant to take this timesharing thread further down an FCPS rabbit hole. Short answer is FCPS has gone through a 2 year process of remaking the calendar. Factors include school board politics, surveys for stakeholders, minority religions wanting more holidays recognized, and a final decision/compromise that fixes spring break between 3rd and 4th quarters. If folks want more details, I will share my views …. but send me a direct message.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Ohio….
I think you should be looking at elementary and high school schedules, not post secondary institutions. College aged children are less likely to travel with their parents. You probably don't want to rent to the "spring break crowd".

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a little reluctant to take this timesharing thread further down an FCPS rabbit hole. Short answer is FCPS has gone through a 2 year process of remaking the calendar. Factors include school board politics, surveys for stakeholders, minority religions wanting more holidays recognized, and a final decision/compromise that fixes spring break between 3rd and 4th quarters. If folks want more details, I will share my views …. but send me a direct message.

No, that's good. I haven't paid much attention to local school board proceedings. I just hope they're doing something useful with the ever-increasing property taxes.

People here think timeshare maintenance fees are skyrocketing. Hah!

winter_gary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rent Marriott Condos in Palm Desert (7 of them). The best week is the last week of March.
I use ti try to get the week before Easter but found that the last week of March was more desirable.

A lot of people wanted to with the whole family during Easter

DingsTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
35000 BG points
This year, Easter is late enough that it corresponds with the first weekend of April school vacation, at least here in MA. While some of the bigger ski areas are still going with a decent amount of terrain well into April, I would think the folks vacationing during April are looking warmer and coastal, for the most part. Although there's something to be said for just vacationing not-too-far from home, using the on-site amenities and not really worrying too much about it being off-season beyond the bounds of the resort; for instance, we stayed on Cape Cod (The Soundings) for a couple nights in the middle of February school vacation week and there were families there for the week, enjoying the enclosed pool and outdoor hot tub through the occasional snow squall.

(Easter is also in the middle of Boston Marathon weekend this year... I would love it if there were any BG properties in eastern Massachusetts that I could scoop up for the Marathon every year.)