• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What happened to all the Maui deposits??

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They were there yesterday and now they are gone!! This looked like a Sept Bulk deposit at both WKORV and WKORV-N. Do you think there will be anymore? Thanks.

Carolyn

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
They were there yesterday and now they are gone!! This looked like a Sept Bulk deposit at both WKORV and WKORV-N. Do you think there will be anymore? Thanks.

Carolyn

Good question. I looked for them earlier and they were all gone. Maybe the 3-day window expired? I did see that someone on the Marriott board got an exchange into WKORV.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They were first reported on the Sightings Board on 9/13 so I thought that Starwood preference would still be in affect today, the 15th. :mad:

Carolyn

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The sightings board may be a day late... it would be nice for II to actually show when the pref period ends on these types of deposits.

Next time jump quickly when you see one of these deposits! And if recent history is any guide, there will be more.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I even tried to get one of these today with a couple of REALLY strong traders and there was nothing there.

Carolyn

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked also, Carolyn. I have always seen these with my Cave Creek unit within the preference period in the past. There was nothing listed today. Nada. I thought it may have just been reduced power for my unit but I guess not. I am glad about that!:)

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the 2009 sept weeks I saw them yesterday with my SDO 1 BR. Haven't checked today. I am holding out for Oct 2009...

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw them this morning with the same unit that didn't see anything yesterday. Go figure...

DJmonkey

Reaction score
II?

I assume you are talking about interval.
Can you explain where you see the deposits? I'snt the membership mandatory?
I need to deposit my 2008 WMH usage. Am I missing deadlines?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I assume you are talking about interval. Can you explain where you see the deposits? I'snt the membership mandatory?

YES - online on II's website.

I need to deposit my 2008 WMH usage. Am I missing deadlines?

Not so much deadlines, but your exchange power may be decreasing as we get closer to the end of the year - if you know you want to deposit it you should go ahead and do it. You need to call owner services and ask them to deposit a week w/II. If this is a developer week, Starwood has the right to choose the week you deposit. If it is a resale week, you may have the right to choose the week deposited - but you may have to fight for a good week.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is always best to have your decision made by June/July of the current year. If you are using internally or depositing with II for future use.

Phone volumes are typically calm during this time of year and responses should also be quicker via MyStarCentral. Also, as Denise says, as the year closes, you will compromise the trading value of the weeks.