• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Do You Do When You Have TSA Precheck and Your Partner Doesn't?

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
What if you have a higher boarding priority than your DW or companion?
For either, you're not gonn'a get to your destination faster than they.are.

IMHO, a thoughtful person waits with the person w/o Precheck or priority.
Am I the only one? <tooting my own horn>
For me it's not a question of getting there sooner but avoiding the inconvenience of taking off my shoes, taking out the laptop, etc. For anybody I frequently travel with though, I would advise them to get precheck and I would pay for it myself if they are not financially able to.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I guess the most honest answer from me to the original question is.....if one of us got precheck and the other didn't, we'd both sign up for Global Entry. And that is what we did.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I got GE a couple of months ago. Will need to find a time when DW can do the same.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Children 12 and under can travel with an adult with precheck. I got mine free as a perk, we paid for DH and our kids are under 12. Ours expires about the time DD turns 12 and we are all going to get global entry then.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The wife and I both have pre-check. Often those traveling with us do not have ore-check. We go our way, they go theirs and we meet them on the other side. It gives us the opportunity to see how much time we save with pre-check. Last trip our friends in the regular line got thru before us.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Children 12 and under can travel with an adult with precheck. I got mine free as a perk, we paid for DH and our kids are under 12. Ours expires about the time DD turns 12 and we are all going to get global entry then.

Aha, this explains our experience a couple of years ago. We took my step-son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter to Hawaii. When time to go home, DW and I got in the pre-Check line (we have GE), and waved at the 3 of them in the long regular TSA line. A TSA agent saw our DGD wave back, got her out of line and led her to us in the middle of the (short) pre-Check line. She was 14 at the time, but looks younger.

jbiza

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me it's not a question of getting there sooner but avoiding the inconvenience of taking off my shoes, taking out the laptop, etc. For anybody I frequently travel with though, I would advise them to get precheck and I would pay for it myself if they are not financially able to.

That's how I would handle the situation as well. :thumbup:
So, if I am flying with someone on a regular basis, we would get TSA Pre-Check, CLEAR, and GE for them.

TSA Pre-Check, CLEAR, and GE are definitely a convenience that I enjoy using.

Also, in the event that I am in a premium cabin :cool:, and for some reason the person I am traveling with is not, :ponder: ,
I AM going to offer to switch seats with the person I am traveling with (well, probably 95% of the time ;) ).

That should help the flight part of the travel be really cool!