• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What do I need to do [to get it into my US RCI account]

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, I've deposited my Mt. Amanzi week via ICW and it has shown up in my RCI account. This year, I used ICW, but got a message from Mt. Amanzi saying my week was being deposited in RCI SA. What do I need to do to get it into my US RCI account?

Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know????? It supposedly has been deposited with RCI South Africa. Do I have to do anything, or will it just show up in my account?

Thanks

Margariet

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what ICW is but as far as I know your RCI account is in the country or region where you live. Do you live in the USA? In that case you'll have an RCI USA account. There is no such thing as another RCI account in your name for SA unless you live in SA.

tedk

TUG Member
Reaction score
When i bought my first week in South Africa i was set up an RCI account in South Africa. I then had to ask for it to be put into my UK account, that was then done for the further weeks that i bought in South Africa. So unless things have changed you can have an account in South Africa.
Ted

Margariet

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have timeshare in several parts of the world but according to RCI we can only have one RCI Europe account. An account in another part of the world was not accepted because of our European address. And more than one RCI account was not accepted as well. I think there have been more threads on this topic since often people are not allowed to have more than one RCI account.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
South Africa trades through a different points-based system than the Points Lite used in the US and Europe, and different from RCI Points as well. Based on a conversation with a SA RCI exchanger, those values for trading into elsewhere in the world were not severely whacked at the same time RCI downgraded Americans and Europeans who owned in SA. In fact, they did not seem to be whacked at all. So being able to set up a SA RCI account may well let you trade SA at the same values that prevailed before Points Lite.

Maybe you could pay for a SA mail drop and a Skype number based in South Africa that would ring on your computer elsewhere. That would give you a SA mailing address and phone number. Put one spouse on the US or European account and one on the SA account.