• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What can you recommend?

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Orlando the last week of April. We will be staying at the HGVC Internaional drive. Mainly here to visit friends who will be visiting us from Georgia and meeting up with others in Spring Hill FL. Can anyone recommend anything to see/do besides the major theme parks. We will probably visit one during our stay but we would like to branch out and explore.

I did find a few options such as the Scenic Boat Tour in Winter Park and Wonderworks in Orlando.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'll be curious to hear what people think of Wonderworks. I've been by the place 50 times but never went in. I enjoyed the Titanic exhibit, but I understand that's gone now. (I believe the shopping center where it was has been torn down)

Last edited:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Downtown Disney is nice to walk around and eat dinner at.

Also, City Walk by Universal is free and nice to walk around and eat at too.

Adobe Gilas is a nice restaurant right on International Drive.

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about Gatorland...I have to admit I didn't go when I was there a couple of weeks ago, but I can't believe the tripadvisor reviews. Everyone writes the same thing...that they didn't expect anything or that they went as a gag and it turned out to be awesome. I even know someone that went and said it was the best part of the trip.

Again, I still doubted too much and didn't go even though I swore I was going to test the reviews, but....maybe next time.

Wonderworks....eh.....whatever. To me it's just your slightly above average kids science museum. We couldn't remember anything too special a few years ago so we didn't go this trip. The whole upside-down building thing is cool to see though.

How about the Kennedy Space Center?...looks like they have rocket launches scheduled throughout April...you could go to the beach that day and catch a launch...

Random thoughts by GeNioS :confused:

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, Wonderworks is overpriced for what it is. It is only entertaining for 90 minutes, or so.

I did enjoy the Lieu Gardens, but maybe that's not everybody's cup of tea. I was there with adults and it was a beautiful day to walk outside and enjoy the flowers. There is also a small historical home on the property (first Orange County sheriff if I remember correctly).

w.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harry P. Leu Gardens is supposed to be beautiful.

That sounds like a winner for us. My wife would love the gardens and I enjoy walking for exercise. Thanks for the suggestion.

GeNioS & Neesie - I wasn't to high on Wonderweorks. Just saw that it was something different. We will probably scratch it off the list.

GeNioS - I would have to look into gatorland. Not sure it would be for us but I will look it up. Also, we did the space center a long time ago but the thought of some type of launch is worth investigating their schedule. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Feel free to keep them coming.

krissydee

Reaction score
Wekeiva Springs, nature trails, clean crystal water, natural wildlife, canoes etc

I like Ripley's Believe it or not better than Wonderworks but bother are a bit overpriced for what they are

Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour along with lunch on Park Ave, and maybe a package of sunflower seeds to feed the squirrels in the park (winter park day basically, very beautiful)

Old Town car show, Fri or Sat night at 9pm, it's all free

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Almost everything recommended by everyone above is available on the Go Orland Card (there's a sale now for the multi-day cards, the days do not have to be used consecutively, but within a 2 week period). You pay one price and for the number of days you purchase you get included entrance to a huge list of attractions, tours, museums. It seems to include almost everything in the Orlando area (plus some stuff on the Gulf Coast and a lot of Miami) except Disney, Seaworld & Universal.

We bought a 5 day card for our 1 week in Orlando in January, as we planned to avoid Disney. I'm looking forward to the Space Center, Daytona 500 Experience, Gatorland, etc. I'll report back after my trip.

mparmer

Reaction score
Bob,
My timeshare is Vacation Villas at Fantasy world there off Hwy 192 in Kissimmee. My wife and I are tired of the parks and have started visiting the Florida state parks all around Orlando. There are several within an hour or so drive that are very nice. (Depending on what kind of stuff you like to do, of course) Hope this helps.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
One year we took the kids to Blue Springs Park, north of Orlando and were able to see manatees in the river. I don't know if they are still there in April or if they are migratory. It was great!

Dori