• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are next steps? Canceling sales process

Hopeful

Reaction score
We own 1 week and sat through a presentation about the new system and agreed to sign up for legacy points and buying into trust points. Due to a time constraint we left the sales office without executing the actual contract and planned on sending it in via fax the next day. We did though sign the initial paperwork (credit info, terms agreed upon, deposit info) gave a credit card for a deposit. Thankfully we found this site and joined tugs yesterday and began to research the new Marriott system and now know the pitfalls of the trust points. Any thoughts on what process we need to follow in order to get our deposit back?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Somewhere in your paperwork there are instructions for rescission. Don't fax in whatever they're expecting, instead send a rescission letter to the exact address in those instructions. Don't worry about letting them know ahead of time, if they call you asking about the fax just firmly say that you're no longer interested and have sent a letter.

You're certainly not the first but don't worry - they make it sound so enticing, don't they? This recent thread might have some useful info for you: HELP! Advice Needed!!

(I searched around a bit on TUG but wasn't able to find a post with the exact instructions for rescinding a purchase of Marriott Destination Club Points, and the legal docs I can access on my-vacationclub.com all pertain to enrolled Weeks and not purchased Points. After you've gone through the process it would be very helpful for others if you copy those instructions here. :) )

{eta} Re-reading your post I'm not sure if you want to ONLY rescind the Points purchase or if you want to rescind BOTH the Points purchase and the Weeks enrollment. I think there are different instructions for each of them; the enrollment rescission instructions are in the Enrollment Terms and Conditions document.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those sales weasals got you to sign enough paperwork to constitute a legal and binding contract. You must rescind! Quickly. You get only a very limited number of days. They will stall those days out if you talk to them....

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those sales weasals got you to sign enough paperwork to constitute a legal and binding contract. You must rescind! Quickly. You get only a very limited number of days. They will stall those days out if you talk to them....

One thing to be sure of: Send that paperwork via CERTIFIED MAIL with a Return Receipt Requested.