• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What age group are you? what age group are average TUGGERS?

If you own timeshare(s), what age group are you in?

• 18-29

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-39

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • 40-49

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 50-59

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • 60-69

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • 70-79

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 80+

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I am 35, when I bought my first TS. I currently have 7 TSS. I think @cbyrne1174 is the youngest tugger who owns TSs.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Interesting story: we had been so lucky to use our parents or our own timeshares that the first time we stayed in a hotel room, our son went in, looked around, opened up the closet and incredulously declared “this is it!?!”
Our kids were brought up vacationing in timeshares. We took them to Carmel when the oldest was maybe about 3. She walks into the room......"Where's my room?" There's just the one room honey. Big sigh. "Well, which one is my bed?" You can pick whichever bed you want, but you have to share it with your sister. Another big sigh. "Where's the kitchen?" There isn't one. "I'm going to starve to death!!!!!"

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our kids were brought up vacationing in timeshares. We took them to Carmel when the oldest was maybe about 3. She walks into the room......"Where's my room?" There's just the one room honey. Big sigh. "Well, which one is my bed?" You can pick whichever bed you want, but you have to share it with your sister. Another big sigh. "Where's the kitchen?" There isn't one. "I'm going to starve to death!!!!!"
Ha! How old was your son during this exchange? 6 or 7 years old?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Ha! How old was your son during this exchange? 6 or 7 years old?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
It was my daughter, she was about 3 and it was a hotel, not an exchange.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Funny -- I was actually thinking of creating a poll about this the other day. I guess this confirms what I thought -- I am definitely on the young side.

We are in our mid thirties and have 3 young kids. Timeshares work out great for us.

Funny Story:
Sometimes we'll use hotel points to fill in gaps from stays in timeshares when travelling. One time when we got to our room our six year old said "Uhhh....dad where is my bedroom?"....sounds like she's a fan.
We are similar to you, but with two kids. The one was looking for the bedrooms at the last hotel room we stayed in. "this is the whole thing, buddy"

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting data collection Panina, the very low numbers of Tuggers owning a timeshare between the age 18 - 49.

Panina, I would loved to see ARDA data or some developers data.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
-- Bob Dylan, "My Back Pages" (1964)

Actually, I'm ageless... just don't tell Social Security.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Should include when you bought as well. I joined at 28, but I'm 30 now.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We knew about timeshares from the time I was a kid. My parents went on vacation to Aruba and were sorely tempted to buy the timeshare they were pitched. In the end, they decided it was unaffordable. So that's pretty much how I saw timeshares- unaffordable and a good way to get ripped off.

During college, vet school and my residency, I was so poor that travel wasn't really a thing for me. Then I was early career with student loans to pay off, and then I took a faculty position and really had no money. Finally I left academia 14 years ago to come out to LA for a job that paid 4x my academic salary. Finally I could think about travel.

My cousin meanwhile had taken a job with DVC and my opinion of timeshares started to change. I found TUG and started buying resale timeshares around a decade ago, when I was in my early 40s.

Now we own quite a few and travel a lot. We really like drive-to destinations so I can bring a bike, and the washer-dryer plus kitchen are huge bonuses to us when travelling- we can pack light and eat appropriately for cycling- ie not much in the morning and right away when back from a ride.

We love our timeshares and have had a weird experience with a Homeaway rental which made us realize that you can definitely get screwed with little recourse with Homeaway and the like, so we prefer the professionalism of most timeshares to private condo or house rentals. BUT the thing that is causing us to rethink the timeshares is the dogs. We enjoy spending time with them and prefer to bring them with us on vacations. Sometimes we think about selling all the timeshares, buying a small RV and dividing our travel between the RV, house rentals and rewards hotel stays at pet friendly places.

We shall see what the future holds.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First exposure to TSing was renting my friends dirty Westgate in Orlando in 2000 and going on a Marriott presentation for Disney tickets. Lost the tickets somehow but bought a Marriott TS and 20 years later we now have 28 Marriotts. My kids were 5 and 6 months when we started this and that is what I feel so blessed about that we discovered this when the kids were young and we've taken so many great family trips. We're making our physical fitness and health a priority so we're hoping to get 25 more years of travel God willing.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We knew about timeshares from the time I was a kid. My parents went on vacation to Aruba and were sorely tempted to buy the timeshare they were pitched. In the end, they decided it was unaffordable. So that's pretty much how I saw timeshares- unaffordable and a good way to get ripped off.

During college, vet school and my residency, I was so poor that travel wasn't really a thing for me. Then I was early career with student loans to pay off, and then I took a faculty position and really had no money. Finally I left academia 14 years ago to come out to LA for a job that paid 4x my academic salary. Finally I could think about travel.

My cousin meanwhile had taken a job with DVC and my opinion of timeshares started to change. I found TUG and started buying resale timeshares around a decade ago, when I was in my early 40s.

Now we own quite a few and travel a lot. We really like drive-to destinations so I can bring a bike, and the washer-dryer plus kitchen are huge bonuses to us when travelling- we can pack light and eat appropriately for cycling- ie not much in the morning and right away when back from a ride.

We love our timeshares and have had a weird experience with a Homeaway rental which made us realize that you can definitely get screwed with little recourse with Homeaway and the like, so we prefer the professionalism of most timeshares to private condo or house rentals. BUT the thing that is causing us to rethink the timeshares is the dogs. We enjoy spending time with them and prefer to bring them with us on vacations. Sometimes we think about selling all the timeshares, buying a small RV and dividing our travel between the RV, house rentals and rewards hotel stays at pet friendly places.

We shall see what the future holds.
Yes the dog is missed, she stays home and one of my daughters walks/feeds her. Wish more timeshares where pet friendly :-/

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought t/s 20 years ago when I was 49...SIXTY-NINE now; but no more fees...Cuz I bought RTU and EOY instead of deeded property....Have no hard feelings..It worked as I planned...Went to many places and used Getaways from time to time

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
I bought, on the resale market, 10 years ago when I was in my early 50's. I have two weeks that will be going poof in two years (México - right to use expires in 2022) which will leave me with the unit I trade (Tahoe Beach & Ski) and the one I vacation at every year (Lindo Mar, not right to use). When I originally bought, I'd gotten into the habit of not taking a vacation. My life was much better afterwards :)