• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

westJet

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for info about WestJet. Good, bad, etc. Best flights for an upcoming trip are WestJet and I know nothing about them.

Thanks for any insight.

Nancy

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Better than air canada. Just started charging for bags for some routes. Can earn AA miles.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
West Jet

I frequently travel on Delta with diamond status. I recently flew West Jet and have never seen the quality of customer service that I saw with West Jet. Three Delta gate agents told me West Jet was not a partner with Delta. West Jet and the Sky Magazine said Delta and West Jet were partners.

I traveled to Victoria and placed my Passport in the safe at the Marriott. I typically travel in the US and do not deal with customs.

I went to check in with West Jet and the kiosk said to scan Passport and I forgot my passport in the safe at the Marriott. I went to the gate agent and told her I had an issue and left my Passport at the Marriott.

She told me she was there to help. It was a little over an hour prior to flight and downtown Victoria to airport about an hour away.

The gate agent called the Marriott to have them get Passports out of safe, scheduled a taxi to be waiting, tracked the taxi on the way back to airport, and had a West Jet employee waiting for the taxi. We made it on our flight with minutes to spare.

I was amazed at the customer service and contacted West Jet to thank them and this employee. I thought West Jet was great!

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
WestJet is our preferred airline for flights within Canada or to the USA. Their prices are quite competitive (especially during seat sales) and you cant beat their customer service. Here's one example of their work; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk.

A few years ago I needed to take my 9 yo DGS to Calgary on my own 5 weeks after tearing cartilage in my knee. I was wearing a brace & getting around as best as I could. When the check-in agent saw me limping she called for a wheelchair, I said I we had lots of time & I could walk slowly & manage but she insisted. A WestJet employee pushed me right to my gate & chatted with my very nervous DGS along the way. I saw the employee talking to the staff at the gate after we were seated in the waiting area & when it was time to board another employee came with another wheelchair & insisted on taking me right onto the plane. When we entered the plane a flight attendant greeted my DGS by name and reassured him about the flight (it was his first).

When we were close to landing a flight attendant came & asked DGS if he would like to see in the cockpit after landing, of course he jumped at the chance. After all the passengers had disembarked the pilot came over & took Liam up to the cockpit & let him sit in his seat. I was able to get a few photos. As we left the plane another employee was waiting with a wheelchair & pushed me to the luggage pickup then to the arrivals area where my son was waiting. An amazing trip!

We have a friend who got a pilot job with WestJet a couple of years ago & he said its the best airline he's ever worked for.

~Diane

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
My only caution about WestJet is that their network of flights is nowhere near as large as Air Canada so in the (unlikely) event that something goes wrong, there are not a ton of alternate flights to change to.
Despite this inconvenience, I have flown with them many times and appreciate their positive corporate culture.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will probably use after I get my trip all worked out.

Nancy

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't have any experience with West Jet but my sister swears by them. She lives in Vernon BC and uses them very frequently. They have expanded their routes quite a bit this year.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread started by me. Is WestJet still a good choice?

Thanks again,
Nancy

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted, WestJet customer service is great. My negatives are that I find their 737 (600, 700, and 800) planes to have below average comfort seats, and their food/coffee sucks IMO.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
They still score above average (but that isn't very hard in the airline industry, unfortunately) but their quality has been slipping in the last few years...they were originally modeled after SouthWest but seem to be becoming more like every other airline...:shrug:

Still a good choice if they are flying where you want to go and the price is right.

Cheers!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My beef is w-Delta booking me on a mixed-flight involving a WestJet leg.
I had seat-selection included w-Delta, but on WestJet there was a fee.
...which Delta did not disclose until after booking.

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
This is an old thread started by me. Is WestJet still a good choice?

Thanks again,
Nancy

Not sure where you are from, Nancy. It would be useful to have your location in your profile. I am therefore going to assume you are not Canadian, since all Canadians are certainly aware of WestJet. Did you not end up using them on your previous trip? If so, nothing has changed much in the last three+ intervening years, anymore than with any other airline: more charges for things that were free, shorter pitches and less comfortable "new" economy seats in the same aircraft.

To put things in perspective, WestJet is Canada's second largest airline, after Air Canada, and offers both domestic and international service. As with any airline, it has customers that have had both good and bad experiences, although generally it is considered to have above average service compared to many other airlines. However, as Crafty71 points out, that bar isn't that high these days!

I have often flown WestJet, but more often fly Air Canada. I have been fortunate to have had some exceptional service from both airlines and even more fortunate to have never had a terrible experience with either. Overall I give better scores to Air Canada for equipment choices, comfort (seat) choices outside of standard economy, food service and obviously number of flight options, but that is only my personal experience. I do give WestJet the edge for overall customer service.

They have finally started making some strides in their upgraded seat classes. Their 737s are now finally getting proper business class seats for their front section and their new 787s are replacing some of the 767s on longer transoceanic flights and even have a first-class-style, lie-flat bed section.

So as others have stated previously, WestJet is a good airline and whether you use them will be more determined by whether they fly to where you are going and the cost of the ticket.

Last edited:

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your information. Not Canadian and did not use WestJet last trip, but probably will.