• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John villas are a dump

NED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers! :wave:
I have been following TUG for several months (it's great!) but haven't felt the need to jump in until this thread. We have been WSJ owners for 5 years (VV 4 years). My sister's family and my son also are WSJ owners. We all have 2-bdrm villas in Bldg. 33. On the whole we are happy *wood owners (4* elite) but are very concerned about the continued decline of the WSJ units. My husband spoke to the GM last May when we were there. He was very aware of the problems and said that replacement of the furnitures and fixtures would be happening in the fall (2007). When my son went in Nov., he reported there had been no change (we own the same unit).

The closet ceiling off the master bdrm in our unit leaks every time it rains. The drill is we put out pots and pans, maintenance comes and replaces them with a big bucket, and then returns to suck the water out of the carpet when the rain stops. This has become an annual event for us. It's nuts! So far we have been unable to get it repaired (after all we leave at the end of the week). These units need more that just furniture and fixture replacements and so far management's response amounts to a lot of tap dancing IMHO.

We would be glad to participate in a collective effort to put the pressure on!!

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there a couple of years ago (villa 43xx - 3 br with pool and jacuzzi), there were several things that were not functioning. None of the lights in the patio were working, there was a non-functional switch for the light over the dining room table, and the water in the jacuzzi was cold. After we called to complain, they immediately came to replace all the burned lights, they replaced the switch, but nobody came to look at the jacuzzi (or if they did, they couldn't fix it). We called every day after that, and by the time we left, the water in the jacuzzi was still cold. Other than that, the villa was in very good condition. The grounds and the main pool were neat and well kept.

I hope the conditions haven't deteriorated too much. We just got a reservation for a 3-br villa this summer, and I'd like it to be another nice experience. Hopefully the problems will be fixed shortly.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hello Tuggers! :wave:
I have been following TUG for several months (it's great!) but haven't felt the need to jump in until this thread. We have been WSJ owners for 5 years (VV 4 years). My sister's family and my son also are WSJ owners. We all have 2-bdrm villas in Bldg. 33. On the whole we are happy *wood owners (4* elite) but are very concerned about the continued decline of the WSJ units. My husband spoke to the GM last May when we were there. He was very aware of the problems and said that replacement of the furnitures and fixtures would be happening in the fall (2007). When my son went in Nov., he reported there had been no change (we own the same unit).

The closet ceiling off the master bdrm in our unit leaks every time it rains. The drill is we put out pots and pans, maintenance comes and replaces them with a big bucket, and then returns to suck the water out of the carpet when the rain stops. This has become an annual event for us. It's nuts! So far we have been unable to get it repaired (after all we leave at the end of the week). These units need more that just furniture and fixture replacements and so far management's response amounts to a lot of tap dancing IMHO.

We would be glad to participate in a collective effort to put the pressure on!!

if it leaks everytime it rains - then it leaks almost everyday - since it rains almost everyday in STJ...

we own a 2bd in B34 (howdy neighbor) - no major issues except w/ the furnishings and some minor things.

once i get a chance - i will be following up with WSJ management and will request support from those who care to chime in...

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i just had my welcome to starwood call for the4 th time and i asked about wsj and she told me that starwood had every intention to upgrade the timeshare but the HOA board put a stop to it. so if i were you i would get in touch with your board members and find out what is going on there.i do know that starwood's info is not always correct but if this 1 time they are, i would want to have some answers.

ksqdomer

Reaction score
Have not been on here for awhile but wanted to join the fray.
We own a studio in building 33 in week 25. We were told last year that our furniture would be replaced (it needs it!) but most likely no kitchen upgrades. For the most part our unit has been fine. We had a leaking refrig a few years ago that maintenance took care of fairly quickly. The villa pool was certainly showing some wear and tear with cracked and missing tiles. The grills seemed a bit nasty as well.
I won't be pleased if the furniture isn't new.