• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St. John [Master Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Going to be there 7 days, and there are 7 top 20 bars....coincidence? hmmmmm

Now 10 of top 20 are in Virgin Is (USVI and BVI) and Woody's is listed 2x in top 10.

I thought you were going to WSJ when we would be there? (weeks 23-24)

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now 10 of top 20 are in Virgin Is (USVI and BVI) and Woody's is listed 2x in top 10.

I thought you were going to WSJ when we would be there? (weeks 23-24)

June 12-19.....Our herd of 13!

I know we are hitting at least 3 of them for sure!

Going to be booking our Bad Kitty trip to The Bath, this week for June 13.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Last edited:

applekor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ-VG (3 bd pool phase 1 and phase 3),WSJ-BV (3bd, 2bd loft),WKV,VBC
Supposedly - 2006 Property Tax bills will be mailed July 1st and due July 31st.

links:
http://www.onepaper.com/stjohnvi/?v=d&i=&s=News:Local&p=1223618516
http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_home?id=17635766

With 2007 Property Tax bills to be mailed in August. {?}

I say supposedly - because this has been blocked by courts before... and the court cases and appeals have not been finalized.

David- Do you know if these bills will be w/ the new assessments and if they are how much are the bills going up. It's kind of scary we havn't payed property taxes since '05--Tom

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They are billed separately from MFs - they are tied to assessement of property value. The WSJ tax bills that were attempted to be sent out last year had a increase of ~100% since STJ is taking the brunt of the taxes - and TS owners also... so the double whammy... (taxation w/o representation... I recall hearing that there was a revolution over this once...)

olivias dad

Reaction score
less than 3 months to go, im excited, first time using timeshare at WSJ with family cant wait....

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a wonderful week.

Biggest news (not sure if this has been reported) -- there's a GREAT new grocery store that's about a 4-minute walk from the pool villas. :whoopie:

Favorite day -- Jost Van Dyke/Soggy Dollar

olivias dad

Reaction score
one of DavenRobin links I believe shows new pics of the new market accross from the Westin. Sounds very convenient . We are already planning a day trip to Jost the Sunday we get there, love the Soggy Dollar Bar.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a wonderful week.

Biggest news (not sure if this has been reported) -- there's a GREAT new grocery store that's about a 4-minute walk from the pool villas. :whoopie:

Favorite day -- Jost Van Dyke/Soggy Dollar

What is the name of the store? Is it towards town and do the sell Adult beverages?

Did you do a Jost Van Dyke charter?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
What is the name of the store? Is it towards town and do the sell Adult beverages?

It is called the St John Market and right next to the Westin (towards town) - can't mis it.
Yes - it does sell alcohol.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score

We were told by one of the managers at the Westin that is is owned by the same people who own the Dolphin market in town. I never a saw a name but I'm sure David is correct. They were literally still stocking it all week -- the refrigerated coolers were not working for meat, but just about everything else was in stock, including adult beverages. It was very clean and well organized -- my only complaint would be that there were no prices posted anywhere so it was a guessing game (e.g., this is $3 in the US so it will be about $9 here!).

And, yes, it was toward town (left out of the main Westin drive, right out of the pool and hillside villas) and JUST around the first bend. There was a path from the back/side of the pool villas, so we didn't have to go up to the main drive. Literally a 3-4 minute walk at most.

Yes. Last year, one member of our party forgot her passport, so we had to stay on the US side. This year, we were all "in the clear" and able to hit the BVIs. I loved White Bay ... considering getting on the list to stay for a week at the Sandcastle. I'm guessing my blackberry wouldn't work and there would be no internet access ... what a shame for work purposes :D .

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
St John Market - is owned by same Owners as Dolphin market - does not accept discounts for Dolphin market.

Be careful about using phone/internet access in the BVI unless you like getting charged as you were calling from a different country. Even in STJ you need to worry about accessing thru Tortola (or so I have been told).

Be aware of the new passport rules that have just taken effect - to make it easy on yourself (and others) - bring a passport even when just coming to the USVI - although not required - they will certainly give you more scrutiny if you do not have one.

we are packed and ready to go - of course we still have to much stuff, but going for 2 weeks this time. I am going to be relaxed, sunburnt, bug-bitten, and need liver detox when we get back - but it is all good. Not sure yet if I will be bringing my laptop - if I do - will send updates.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
June - USVI Cruise ship schedules

http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php

{purely selfish reasons}
Tuesday 06/02/09
Explorer of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

Wednesday 06/03/09
Freedom of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

Saturday 06/06/09
Adventure of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

Sunday 06/07/09
Caribbean Princess CB, St. Thomas

Monday 06/08/09
Carnival Victory WICO, St. Thomas
Grandeur of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

Tuesday 06/09/09
Carnival Glory WICO, St. Thomas
Liberty WICO, St. Thomas

Wednesday 06/10/09
Disney Magic WICO, St. Thomas

Saturday 06/13/09
Adventure of the Seas St. Croix

Monday 06/15/09

Tuesday 06/16/09

Wednesday 06/17/09
Freedom of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

Saturday 06/20/09
Adventure of the Seas WICO, St. Thomas

Sunday 06/21/09
Carnival Miracle WICO, St. Thomas

Monday 06/22/09

Tuesday 06/23/09
Carnival Freedom WICO, St. Thomas
Carnival Glory WICO, St. Thomas
Liberty WICO, St. Thomas

Wednesday 06/24/09
Disney Magic WICO, St. Thomas

Thursday 06/25/09

Saturday 06/27/09
Adventure of the Seas St. Croix

Monday 06/29/09
Carnival Miracle WICO, St. Thomas

Tuesday 06/30/09

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Of we go to STJ/WSJ in a few hours - if I bring my computer I will post in somewhat real-time this trip... see ya!

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i hope you have a great time and i hope you bring your computer because you tell the greatest stories of your adventures. this year stay healthy.

Barbra

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks - brought 2 packs of Tamiflu (one good thing of working for Roche now...) and a Z-pac - started different thread for trip - and will link here later.

just lost internet connection (ethernet) telling WLR person to rescind - found a B32 wireless connection that wasn't there last nite. later

Loriannf

TUG Member
Reaction score
2006 Tax bill arrived

For those of you WSJ folks, our 2006 tax bill arrived for one of our 3 bedroom pool villas: $334.87. Last one was about $220. Don't worry though, "We will file a Protective Protest on behalf of owners by August 14, 2009", says SVO.

You should still pay your bill regardless of on-going litigation. Any refund due because of later changes "will more than likely be credited against future taxes (i.e. 2007)."

So let's all salute SVO for their proactive stance on behalf of owners. Guess the resulting legal bills will ensure that we no longer get any dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, etc. in our villas unless we bring our own or pay $2.00 per load.

Lori

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
...mine will probably get sent to my street address, but in North Carolina. The Gov here just refused to sign the constitution ....

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Guess the resulting legal bills will ensure that we no longer get any dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, etc. in our villas unless we bring our own or pay $2.00 per load.

"Been Caught Stealin'" Janes Addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.