• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Riverfront Official Wait List.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from my sales consultant that an official wait list has opened for Westin Riverfront, the beautiful new development in Avon right at the base of Beaver Creek. It has a gondola directly on site and a spectacular view of the mountain slopes.

Starwood wants a CC number (that I am assuming will not be charged) to hold a spot. I am thinking that if you want a fixed week, fixed unit staring at the mountain and river, this is the time to get on the list.

(And have a 148,100 SO unit to retro at the same time because I am guessing it is gonna be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

No idea when it is going on sale, by the way. Initially I think it was supposed to be May or June. But then it got pushed back because of the new Steamboat property selling close by. Maybe this fall? Or winter? :shrug: It's a moving target because I think they want more of Steamboat sold before they start Riverfront.

http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels...S_aa_SW_Google_Westin_Riverfront_81108_NAD_FM

The resort opens October 1st. The TSs are still being built. Looks incredibly gorgeous though. Drooooooool.

wes1958ex.59529_md.jpg

Katherine

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Perfect use of StarPoints! :)

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point! It's a Cat 5. :) I was sure it would be Cat 6. Kath

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
WOW... that looks beautiful... I'm glad Starwood is expanding. Too bad we can't ski though, we are tax accountants. Is Beaver Creek swimmable? Maybe we'll just have to visit in the summer.

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
(And have a 148,100 SO unit to retro at the same time because I am guessing it is gonna be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).
Katherine

If thought your were "DONE!" ??? :confused:

The units available to book look like TSs, but they're not?? I'm confused.

We might do Christmas....

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the resort is actually renting TS units! They were selling year round condos there too that could participate in their rental program. My understanding from the layout is that they don't actually have hotel rooms per se, which is good because even TS studios are bigger than most hotel rooms.

If you look in the picture on the right side where the front of the building is rounded -- those are 2 units. Both are 3 bedrooms and have this spectacular glass overlooking the river and the ski slope of Beaver Creek. Anyway, those condos sold for over $3M!!!

At one point we were looking at possibly purchasing a condo there. Their 1BR condos with side views were about $500,000. I thought that was ok BUT the MFs were $2500/quarter! Granted you can use the unit for all 52 weeks (or rent it out) but still....

Oh, and we ARE done. I am just enabling others.

Katherine

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Katherine -- famous last words :) We said same at 5 timeshares, then 6 then 7. Now we wish we had only 4 :( because of the increasing homeowner's fees!

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Possible Purchase

I am considering a ski week here!. I am planning to retro one or both of my ski weeks (SMV or LT). The rep said I can by an EOY and retro one and then buy the other EOY and retro the other. It would, however, cost me 65% for my 1st EOY and 45% of the full price for the 2nd half. So it would cost me a 10% premium to retro 2 weeks. I need to ask him if I could buy a summer week 1st and then upgrade to a winter week. That may save me the 10% premium.

Tom

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I had thought owners were allowed to purchase EOY's at 50% off EY prices. Perhaps you should call a different sales rep?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They stated that they planned to retro their SMV and/or LT - making me think that these are resale, and therefore may not be available to pay 50%- but we broke that rule when we bought WPORV -so it cannot hurt to ask/insist.

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
50% EOY price for owners

Thanks for the tip that they can sometimes let the 50% EOY price for owners slide sometimes. I will make an inquiry with my sales rep. Both my LT and SMV weeks are indeed resale so I am not a "owner" by Starwood standards.
Tom

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip that they can sometimes let the 50% EOY price for owners slide sometimes. I will make an inquiry with my sales rep. Both my LT and SMV weeks are indeed resale so I am not a "owner" by Starwood standards.
Tom

The rep I'm dealing with is letting me buy for EOY for 50%. She knows that I will only have a resale deed when I purchase from her. Perhaps you should find another salesperson.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great deal if you can retro with EOY purchases. Even those I bet will be about $30k. I heard $55k for a typical ski week (not fixed) 2BR LO. But no official pricing yet so it's just a rumor.

If you are patient, even better is your plan to buy a summer week and retro something. THEN upgrade the summer to winter and then retro ANOTHER. But the difference in price has to be $10,000 during most upgrades. Usually not a problem with a pricy TS location like this.

I like it! :D Kath

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW... that looks beautiful... I'm glad Starwood is expanding. Too bad we can't ski though, we are tax accountants. Is Beaver Creek swimmable? Maybe we'll just have to visit in the summer.

I don't know if Beaver Creek is swimmable, but I do know that Avon/Vail is beautiful in the summer -- a lot of fantastic hiking and biking, plus the Vail Valley Music Festival happens from the end of June to the beginning of August. Outdoor symphony concerts at the Ampitheater, plus several free chamber music performances. It's a lot of fun.

Dee Dee

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
I think the resort is actually renting TS units! They were selling year round condos there too that could participate in their rental program. My understanding from the layout is that they don't actually have hotel rooms per se, which is good because even TS studios are bigger than most hotel rooms.

If you look in the picture on the right side where the front of the building is rounded -- those are 2 units. Both are 3 bedrooms and have this spectacular glass overlooking the river and the ski slope of Beaver Creek. Anyway, those condos sold for over $3M!!!

At one point we were looking at possibly purchasing a condo there. Their 1BR condos with side views were about $500,000. I thought that was ok BUT the MFs were $2500/quarter! Granted you can use the unit for all 52 weeks (or rent it out) but still....

Oh, and we ARE done. I am just enabling others.

Katherine

Maybe a combo of TS and condo hotel. Sounds really pretty. After talking with the DH Christmas won't work this year...maybe next summer with the New Mexico part of the family coming along.

And I thought I was done, too....but the DH keeps shopping. :eek:

philyphan

Reaction score
it should just be the difference within the 1st year, but 45% of the price is better than 50%

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pricing

Just got a price quote:
2 bedroom lockoff, ski float. $44,900 (140,000 starpoint incentive). Anyone get any better prices or incentives?

Tom

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a price quote:
2 bedroom lockoff, ski float. $44,900 (140,000 starpoint incentive). Anyone get any better prices or incentives?

Tom

Is this for Riverfront??? You sure? I didn't think pricing came out yet. Sounds right for EOY pricing maybe. I heard peak times are going to be over $100,000. And regular ski season might be $55k-$60k.

Then again, their seasons are a little wierd. They now have some Platinum Plus season that is the true ski season (nodge read devaluation). I will have to go look back at the old posts about the weeks...

Katherine

OK, I found an old post from March by spuppy that confirms what I remember:
salesperson at SVO direct told me that platinum PLUS weeks for steamboat are 48-50 and 1-15. So basically platinum is no longer a ski week. :D

"Platinum PLUS is weeks 1-15 and 48-50. The information is consistent with 1) the steamboat staroption chart, which lists weeks 1-15, 48-50 as the top season for staroptions, and 2) the fact that x-mas and new years (weeks 51,52) are sold separately as event weeks, i.e., x-mas and new years have the top star-option value, but are sold as separate weeks." I also believe week 7 is now considered an event week but I need to confirm this.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I just posted the new price lists...but didn't get anything for WRF yet...

Last edited:

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this pricing was for platinum plus (ski ) annual float at the new Riverfront!

Is this for Riverfront??? You sure? I didn't think pricing came out yet. Sounds right for EOY pricing maybe. I heard peak times are going to be over $100,000. And regular ski season might be $55k-$60k.

Then again, their seasons are a little wierd. They now have some Platinum Plus season that is the true ski season (nodge read devaluation). I will have to go look back at the old posts about the weeks...

Katherine

OK, I found an old post from March by spuppy that confirms what I remember:
salesperson at SVO direct told me that platinum PLUS weeks for steamboat are 48-50 and 1-15. So basically platinum is no longer a ski week. :D

"Platinum PLUS is weeks 1-15 and 48-50. The information is consistent with 1) the steamboat staroption chart, which lists weeks 1-15, 48-50 as the top season for staroptions, and 2) the fact that x-mas and new years (weeks 51,52) are sold separately as event weeks, i.e., x-mas and new years have the top star-option value, but are sold as separate weeks." I also believe week 7 is now considered an event week but I need to confirm this.

Last edited:

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if WRF will have air conditioning? I know that is irrelevant during ski season, but it gets quite hot in Avon in the summer. SMV doesn't have air conditioning and it can get quite uncomfortable.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this pricing was for platinum plus (ski ) float at the new Riverfront!

Noooooooooo way! EOY or EY??? I just don't see why they would price the Westin Riverfront $10,000 less than the less luxurious Sheraton Steamboat. Not to doubt you -- doubting your ill informed sales person. Katherine

Last edited:

TomH

TUG Member
Reaction score
EY (annual). This is a well informed sales associate.

Tom

Noooooooooo way! EOY or EY??? I just don't see why they would price the Westin Riverfront $10,000 less than the less luxurious Sheraton Steamboat. Not to doubt you -- doubting your ill informed sales person. Katherine

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a betting person but I will bet 3 of my timeshares that the price you were quoted was either EOY or the Platinum 2BR rather than the Platinum Plus (or a 1BR). :D

I emailed my sales rep. I will hear back tomorrow I am sure. Let's keep each other posted. $44000 would be the deal of a lifetime for a ski week!

Katherine

Last edited: