• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas: Recommendations for Restaurants and Villa Requests

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were fortunate to be able to book 6 nights in August using Abound points for a 2BR. I would appreciate recommendations regarding villa location requests and restaurants/ things to do in the area. We are familiar with Vail village and Lionshead, but haven't stayed in Avon.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd request a high floor with a river view. When I went, a lot of restaurants were closed because it was before Memorial Day. I enjoyed eating at Fattoria, an Italian restaurant.

Avon has a lot less things to do than Vail. The concierge kept sending us to Edwards to find places to eat during the slow season. Vail is not far, so if you have a favorite there, you might consider driving there.

The Westin hotel next door has a nice looking restaurant. I didn't try it, though.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
We stay at WRF and SMV around 6 times per year, mostly in ski season, and we mostly avoid the real expensive restaurants. Some of our favorites that are reasonably priced and very close include Ticino Italian, Bob’s Place (not fancy but good), Pazzo’s Pizza, Northside Kitchen, Southside Bendrz, plus the Coyote Cafe at the Beaver Creek base area. There are higher end places as well, many at the Beaver Creek base.

The river facing view is best, but the other side is ok. How high up doesn’t matter much. There are two floors of river facing rooms on the parking levels, which we find quite convenient (especially if we have our mountain bikes) even if they are the lowest floors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don Springett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali, Westin Kierland
Congrats are being able to book the Westin Riverfront Villas….not easy! Any room on the riverside is best, but the opposite side is not bad. We like Avon a lot with a decent selection of restaraunts and Edwards is also nice. Vail is very nice but almost too many choices. Our must go to restaurants in Avon are Vin 48 and Ticino. We bring our ebikes as there is a great bike path that runs at least between Edwards and Vail. It’s quite flat along the river so regular bikes would work too.

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Loaded Joe's in Avon has some really good coffee. The Spanish coffee was superb.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
We stay at RiverFront quite often in the summer. The lowest level on the river side doesn't have a river view but does have a nice benefit of walking right out your balcony door to the BBQ grills, firepit, bocce ball court and the paved trail that runs along the river.

We use the Westin hotel lobby bar, pool and infinity hot tubs extensively. Gorgeous setting looking up into the Beaver Creek valley.

Beaver Creek is right up the hill with many great food choices. You can use the Westin's shuttle to take you up/back to Beaver Creek which enables everyone to enjoy the events including free outdoor music concerts without parking hassles.

Nottingham Lake is within walking distance of RiverFront. We often paddleboard there while live concerts going on in the evenings. Quite a good playground and wading creek for kids/grandkids.

The park area around the lake hosts art fairs, bike races, free concerts throughout the summer.

Last edited:

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
FYI, the Westin shuttle is a great resource. They will shuttle you to Vail village and back, as well as Beaver Creek and back. Think you gonna love dinner at Riverfront.

If you get the chance take a day trip to Glenwood Springs.

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
High end restaurants nearby--
Mirabelle's. --very close at the entrance of BC.
Junipers in Edwards.
Vista at Arrowhead.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, the Westin shuttle is a great resource. They will shuttle you to Vail village and back, as well as Beaver Creek and back. Think you gonna love dinner at Riverfront.

If you get the chance take a day trip to Glenwood Springs.
Thanks for the recommendations. My daughter and I are actually taking the train to Glenwood Springs and my brother is picking us up to drive back to the timeshare (with a stop at Costco in Eagle). We love Glenwood Springs and are staying at the Residence Inn.