• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Princeville Unit # recommendations

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts International/Sheraton:
Kaanapali Beach Club, HGV-Max
Westin/Ventana/Marriott-Bonvoy:
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas NORTH
We'll be heading to Westin Princeville. I would appreciate any recommendations regarding best room numbers for island view 2 Bedroom Lockoff and units to avoid. Also any other pointers regarding Westin Princeville. We have traveled to Kauai, Maui and Oahu many, many times but, have used our ownership in other timeshare brands. This will be our first time staying at the Westin Princeville.
Thank you to all my fellow Tuggers for your help.

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seems like no one has any suggestions on units.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
1698346433757.png

Here is a picture of the resort map.

I would not want to stay in Building 1, noisy and no views We have stayed in Buildings 2, 3, 4 and 6 as exchangers into a studio. We exchanged a fixed unit, so I can't speak to island view units, there was not a designation on our confirmation of what kind of view unit we got.

Building 2 does not have great views except from the very front of the building facing the ocean. The views from building 4 on a higher floor can have nice views over the golf course toward the ocean and are quiet. That would not be the best building if you have little ones because it is a walk to the pools as well as the BBQ's.

I can't speak for building 5, the higher floors might have good views over the parking lot on one side, the other side over looks the main pool and can be noisy in my opinion.

Some TUGGERS love ground floor units for the convenience of just walking out your sliding door to the grounds, but I'm not one of them. No privacy with people walking by all the time. If I was traveling with small children, that might be a different story. I always ask for as high a floor as possible in buildings 3, 4, 6 or 7. Sorry I don't have any actual unit numbers to share.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
There are no view designations at this resort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
3 and 7 are safe from parking lot views. 6 is a nice building if you are on the even unit side or far enough down the hall or high enough up that you are not looking at the parking lot. The problem is that WPV won't let you make that fine grained of a request; you can request a building and that is it. When I was there in August my first unit was the odd numbered side of 6, 2nd floor and too much of a parking lot view. I went to the desk, and they were able to move me to 3rd floor several units down, same side but I was very happy with that view.

Avoid 5 like the plague; you either look flat out at the parking lot or on the other side over the pool and restaurant area which can be noisy. I was given a room over the pool once and lasted one night and they were able to move me. We stayed in 4 once a long time ago but not a first choice but it is quiet with a golf course view and right near to the parking structure with a shaded first floor.

Last edited:

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
We're partial to buiding 4, particularly room 4309. It's an end unit and it's the top floor of that building, so no one above you. You get a fabulous mountain view, including Mahana (Bali Hai) and an over ocean view to the right. You can't request a particular room number, but you can request building/upper or lower floor.

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 and 7 are safe from parking lot views. 6 is a nice building if you are on the even unit side or far enough down the hall or high enough up that you are not looking at the parking lot. The problem is that WPV won't let you make that fine grained of a request; you can request a building and that is it. When I was there in August my first unit was the odd numbered side of 6, 2nd floor and too much of a parking lot view. I went to the desk, and they were able to move me to 3rd floor several units down, same side but I was very happy with that view.

Avoid 5 like the plague; you either look flat out at the parking lot or on the other side over the pool and restaurant area which can be noisy. I was given a room over the pool once and lasted one night and they were able to move me. We stayed in 4 once a long time ago but not a first choice but it is quiet with a golf course view and right near to the parking structure with a shaded first floor.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. This will be my first stay at this property. We've stayed at WKORV North many times but Princeville is a first for us.

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're partial to buiding 4, particularly room 4309. It's an end unit and it's the top floor of that building, so no one above you. You get a fabulous mountain view, including Mahana (Bali Hai) and an over ocean view to the right. You can't request a particular room number, but you can request building/upper or lower floor.
Thanks, appreciate the info!

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!!

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Lots of great info. Appreciated!

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
View attachment 83116

Here is a picture of the resort map.

I would not want to stay in Building 1, noisy and no views We have stayed in Buildings 2, 3, 4 and 6 as exchangers into a studio. We exchanged a fixed unit, so I can't speak to island view units, there was not a designation on our confirmation of what kind of view unit we got.

Building 2 does not have great views except from the very front of the building facing the ocean. The views from building 4 on a higher floor can have nice views over the golf course toward the ocean and are quiet. That would not be the best building if you have little ones because it is a walk to the pools as well as the BBQ's.

I can't speak for building 5, the higher floors might have good views over the parking lot on one side, the other side over looks the main pool and can be noisy in my opinion.

Some TUGGERS love ground floor units for the convenience of just walking out your sliding door to the grounds, but I'm not one of them. No privacy with people walking by all the time. If I was traveling with small children, that might be a different story. I always ask for as high a floor as possible in buildings 3, 4, 6 or 7. Sorry I don't have any actual unit numbers to share.
A big thanks! You obviously took a lot of time to help answer my question. You're obviously very knowledgeable regarding this property.
Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. This will be my first stay at this property. We've stayed at WKORV North many times but Princeville is a first for us.
Likewise we have also visited WKORV/N many times and on a personal note we found Princeville very disappointing in comparison. The resort itself is lovely but the absence of a readily available beach and the unpredictable weather around that Northern coast (even in the middle of summer) were a big negative for us.

TJALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Likewise we have also visited WKORV/N many times and on a personal note we found Princeville very disappointing in comparison. The resort itself is lovely but the absence of a readily available beach and the unpredictable weather around that Northern coast (even in the middle of summer) were a big negative for us.
Thank you!
What was the most disappointing about your stay at Westin Princeville? It definitely has crossed my mind that we may be disappointed in comparison to WKORV/N which we have stayed at many, many times as it's our home resort. Was it the rooms, the grounds, lack of beach front or maybe the weather? We're taking guests with us so I hope it isn't too disappointing. I have read that some of the pools are undergoing renovation at this time. Hoping they will be done but, doubt it. We also have ownership with DRI/Hyatt and have used that network to book into Poipu properties the many previous times we have visited Kauai with family. We decided to give Westin Princeville a try this time. We've walked through the resort in the past and thought it was very nice however, haven't stayed there yet.
Any pointers would be appreciated regarding the resort and/or preferred building requests. Also things to do around the North Shore. Again, have visited attractions around the North Shore but, I'm way more familiar with the South Shore area.
Thanks again so much!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
the absence of a readily available beach and the unpredictable weather around that Northern coast (even in the middle of summer) were a big negative for us.

wanderer63

Reaction score
We were at the Westin in Sept and we were in a studio in building 6 on the third floor. This was our view. If we had a lower floor it would have been an ocean view. It was very quiet and enjoyed watching the Nenes and Roosters every morning. In Sept the main pool was closed for renovations so the "quiet" pools were very crowded and not so quiet so we were very happy that we did not have a poolside room.

IMG_4235.jpeg
IMG_4237.jpeg

Last edited:

wanderer63

Reaction score
Here is a better picture of the parking lot view (the above picture was zoomed in)

IMG_4236.jpeg

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Thank you!
What was the most disappointing about your stay at Westin Princeville? It definitely has crossed my mind that we may be disappointed in comparison to WKORV/N which we have stayed at many, many times as it's our home resort. Was it the rooms, the grounds, lack of beach front or maybe the weather? We're taking guests with us so I hope it isn't too disappointing. I have read that some of the pools are undergoing renovation at this time. Hoping they will be done but, doubt it. We also have ownership with DRI/Hyatt and have used that network to book into Poipu properties the many previous times we have visited Kauai with family. We decided to give Westin Princeville a try this time. We've walked through the resort in the past and thought it was very nice however, haven't stayed there yet.
Any pointers would be appreciated regarding the resort and/or preferred building requests. Also things to do around the North Shore. Again, have visited attractions around the North Shore but, I'm way more familiar with the South Shore area.
Thanks again so much!
I posted this when I got back from there in August about the pool situation: Westin Princeville (WPV) - Pool Resurfacing Schedule fall 2023. I attached the letter we were given with all the details.

We have been going there for years and love the resort and the area. But we are not sun and beach people. The area is beautiful, there are farmers markets, a wonderful garden tour (Na Aina Kai – Na ‘Āina Kai (“Lands by the Sea”) Botanical Gardens, Sculpture Park and Hardwood Plantation, and Hanalei and the road to the Napali coast are lovely.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
North Kauai and WPORV are awful - you should not go - you will not enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
5cd90710284d57b9f25aa3779a4a04ba.jpg

6510f6fd976a1b12067440e68cac57ab.jpg

Pics from building 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
Thank you!
Thanks again so much!
A personal opinion: we've been owners at the Maui properties since 2001 (pre-construction WKORV and we've moved everything over to WKORV-N OF), and many Maui owners don't care for the Princeville property, but we stay once per year and we love it. As others have replied, it sits on top of a bluff and although there's access to a beach, it's a frequently slippery, muddy hike down the bluff; even less fun when toting chairs, umbrellas, snorkel equipment, and the like. Since we're not huge beach people, this doesn't bother us.We are in our 50s and travel solo; no kids. I frequently discourage Princeville for travelers with families. Fewer activities and more unsettled weather, which isn't great for families who love the beach and outdoor activities. There are much fewer dining choices in this area compared to Poipu and the popular restaurants can be hard to book unless you plan a month in advance. Also, it's a long, congested drive to the west side of the island. we love the fact it's so green and lush and even if it's raining, find plenty of things to do: visiting Hanalei and Kilauea, hiking the Wai Koa Loop trail (which is flat), visiting some of the many botanical gardens on this side of the island (particularly Limahuli gardens near Ke'e beach), etc. We love the less-crowded side of kauai and the resort itself never feels crowded, even when near full occupancy (it's on 15 acres as opposed to WKORV's 3). There are no view categories at this property, and ocean front units typically go to owners, rather than traders or StarOption reservers. I actually prefer the mountain views of the upper floors of Building 4 to the buildings with full-on over ocean views. I hope you have a great trip and love the resort as much as we do! Let me know if you want restaurant suggestions. Aloha!

wanderer63

Reaction score
@Ken555 Those are beautiful pictures! Is that typical of the number of people at the quiet pool? It looks nice and relaxing. That is definitely not what the pool looked like when we were there; It looked like the kiddie pool on a cruise ship :giggle:

@TJALB The pool construction/renovations should be done by Nov 20th. We were there in Sept and the main/keiki pool reno was just getting under way.
I would expect that the main pool reno should be done by now. They were going to do the two quiet pools one at a time after they finished the main pool.

If the main pool is still under construction; you may want to request 3,4,6 or 7. If they are onto the quiet pools you may want to request a room away from that construction.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
A personal opinion: we've been owners at the Maui properties since 2001 (pre-construction WKORV and we've moved everything over to WKORV-N OF), and many Maui owners don't care for the Princeville property, but we stay once per year and we love it. As others have replied, it sits on top of a bluff and although there's access to a beach, it's a frequently slippery, muddy hike down the bluff; even less fun when toting chairs, umbrellas, snorkel equipment, and the like. Since we're not huge beach people, this doesn't bother us.We are in our 50s and travel solo; no kids. I frequently discourage Princeville for travelers with families. Fewer activities and more unsettled weather, which isn't great for families who love the beach and outdoor activities. There are much fewer dining choices in this area compared to Poipu and the popular restaurants can be hard to book unless you plan a month in advance. Also, it's a long, congested drive to the west side of the island. we love the fact it's so green and lush and even if it's raining, find plenty of things to do: visiting Hanalei and Kilauea, hiking the Wai Koa Loop trail (which is flat), visiting some of the many botanical gardens on this side of the island (particularly Limahuli gardens near Ke'e beach), etc. We love the less-crowded side of kauai and the resort itself never feels crowded, even when near full occupancy (it's on 15 acres as opposed to WKORV's 3). There are no view categories at this property, and ocean front units typically go to owners, rather than traders or StarOption reservers. I actually prefer the mountain views of the upper floors of Building 4 to the buildings with full-on over ocean views. I hope you have a great trip and love the resort as much as we do! Let me know if you want restaurant suggestions. Aloha!
That's a great summary and as we are now 15+ years older and empty nesters (we were at Princeville the year it opened) we may pay another visit especially with the recent tragic events that have happened on Maui.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Great information here. We own in Maui and always wanted to visit Princeville. It was honestly a disappointment, not necessarily because of the location, I just found the resort overall not up to the same quality. We were top floor of Bldg 5 facing the pool, nice resort view, but very noisy from the A/C and mechanical units. They moved us to ground floor in Bldg 4 with a nice ocean view over the golf course, but not as private as we would like, lots of people walking by, and a condo unit very nearby that looked straight into our patio. I much prefer Maui but would be open to trying Princeville again some time.