• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Los Cabos Resort - Outstanding!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We were there in Mid-February, so that is prime time high season. That's why I was surprised that the resort did not seem crowded at all. As we were leaving, when we mentioned we loved the resort and our stay, the lead bellman even asked us to do a TripAdvisor review to help them get a boost as things were slower than they would like.

I am guessing there is a lot of competition among resorts in Cabo. And so many more are being built in the next few years. Westin Los Cabos is new so perhaps not many people know about it. So a nice TripAdviser review would be lovely for you to write. Your review and photos here on TUG has certainly interested me to visit the resort if we return to Cabo.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
So a nice TripAdviser review would be lovely for you to write. Your review and photos here on TUG has certainly interested me to visit the resort if we return to Cabo.

Already done. Did the TripAdvisor review right after the TUG review.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the lovely pics and review of the Westin Cabo. I just booked a 2 bd with Interval Accomodation Certificate for only 199.00, late September. States unit #1847. Looking forward to this resort. We normally don’t rent a car in Mexico, can anyone recommend a good airport transfer company?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We normally rent our cars through Hertz. Online from the USA before we go.

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We didn’t really like this resort. You can’t swim in the ocean. You can’t take long walks on the beach. There was construction. There are no nearby restaurants or shops. You can’t go for a run. We’ve stayed in some luxurious Mexican all inclusives, so I didn’t think this compared.

This is just my different view for people reading this post and having really high expectations.

The only other Mexican timeshare we’ve stayed in was Lugunamar in Cancun and we liked it a lot better because you could at least easily get to shops and restaurants.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
When we go to Cabo we always stay at 2 to 3 different timeshares. Such Club Regina/RVC (next door to Westin), Coral Baja (WM), Solaris (AI), and now next Spring we are adding Cabo Azul to the mix. Different and enjoyable experiences at all. We have dropped Grand Mayan because of their ridiculous fees. If you stayed at one of the numerous timeshares in the San Jose del Cabo area you could walk or run for miles on the Beach. You would have access to all the stores and restaurants you could desire. Staying at one of the timeshares on the Corridor might not be all the exciting for many. Though in Janaury or February we greatly enjoy the Club Regina/RVC as the whales play right off the Resort. We avoid Cancun and Cabo San Lucas as they are too crowded, noisy, and dirty.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we go to Cabo we always stay at 2 to 3 different timeshares. Such Club Regina/RVC (next door to Westin), Coral Baja (WM), Solaris (AI), and now next Spring we are adding Cabo Azul to the mix. Different and enjoyable experiences at all. We have dropped Grand Mayan because of their ridiculous fees. If you stayed at one of the numerous timeshares in the San Jose del Cabo area you could walk or run for miles on the Beach. You would have access to all the stores and restaurants you could desire. Staying at one of the timeshares on the Corridor might not be all the exciting for many. Though in Janaury or February we greatly enjoy the Club Regina/RVC as the whales play right off the Resort. We avoid Cancun and Cabo San Lucas as they are too crowded, noisy, and dirty.
Our last Cabo trip we stayed at Cabo Azul which was awesome for walking beach, many things in walking distance, but for the interval booking price for a 2 bd we'll just have to figure out the shuttle and bus system. Looking forward to the trip for sure.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
The Bus system is very simple and inexpensive. You simply go stand long the Highway and wait for one to come by. Though it is about a mile walk down to the Highway. Then a mile walk up hill when you return. In September it is still pretty hot. The folks at the Resort can tell you where to wait on the Highway and how many pesos. Best to have correct change. Not having stay at the Westin we can not say if it has an active shuttle system. Most people quickly find that when staying on the Corridor you need a rental car. Through Hertz it is common to get a small car for less than $10 USA per day. We also turn down the extra insurance that will cost more than the rental.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
You can’t swim in the ocean. You can’t take long walks on the beach. There was construction. There are no nearby restaurants or shops. You can’t go for a run. We’ve stayed in some luxurious Mexican all inclusives, so I didn’t think this compared.

When were you there? There was no construction there in February and the renovations seemed 100% complete.

The ocean isn't really swimmable as you say, but no issue for us. We actually did spend a hour or more walking on the beach one morning. We walked to the right past the large rock outcropping and walked down past the Baja Point resort, the golf course, other condos, and could have walked at least another mile or much more it appeared (see pictures below). There is a very nice restaurant on site with great views, El Cireulo, and another downstairs by the pool. Other great restaurants are just a cab ride away. We've never cared for the all-inclusive experience, preferring to sample the best local restaurants (as always, YMMV).

20180212_Los Cabos_7636.jpg

20180212_Los Cabos_7622.jpg

20180212_Los Cabos_7654.jpg

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim,

We had a great experience there as well - and used cabs to get around easily too. We agree, that El Cireulo is very nice, and outstanding views. There are so many restaurants that are easy to get to with a cab we felt that this location was perfect for Cabo.

Overall, great resort and look forward to visiting again!

Darius

When were you there? There was no construction there in February and the renovations seemed 100% complete.

The ocean isn't really swimmable as you say, but no issue for us. We actually did spend a hour or more walking on the beach one morning. We walked to the right past the large rock outcropping and walked down past the Baja Point resort, the golf course, other condos, and could have walked at least another mile or much more it appeared (see pictures below). There is a very nice restaurant on site with great views, El Cireulo, and another downstairs by the pool. Other great restaurants are just a cab ride away. We've never cared for the all-inclusive experience, preferring to sample the best local restaurants (as always, YMMV).

View attachment 7783
View attachment 7784
View attachment 7785

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We tend to cook in our villa most of the time due to food allergies. Any close good grocery stores? Usually whatever store is on site doesn't have much variety along with high prices. I don't want to spend a lot of time searching out groceries.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
This Resort is on the Corridor between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. It is hard to enjoy without a car. The are 2 major grocery stores in San Jose del Cabo by the traffic circle you will travel when going from the Airport to the Resort.

I doubt that young children will enjoy this Resort. For the older 2 of the 3 children they might be able to go on the Camel ride or swim with the Dolphins in the Harbour at San Jose del Cabo. I am not sure ofm the age limitations.

There are a few resorts that have large areas for children. One that comes to mind is Royal Solaris. But it is an All Inclusive. Children have to be older than 5 to be ledt in the children's area. Younger than that and the parent have to hire a minder.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
re: Groceries. A Tugger mentioned that the local Walmart will deliver to some of the hotels in the corridor. You should check with your hotel.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heading to Westin Cabo this week, is the water filtered for drinking or not? We did fine at another Cabo location and also in Cancun. For the most part we drink bottled water, but brushing teeth and ice, washing fruit etc.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Heading to Westin Cabo this week, is the water filtered for drinking or not? We did fine at another Cabo location and also in Cancun. For the most part we drink bottled water, but brushing teeth and ice, washing fruit etc.

I believe it is. We had no issues.

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now. We were told NOT to use the water in our villa. It is safe to use the ice maker as it has a filter. We have a 2 bed/2 bath and we had 4 bottles of water in the villa when we checked in. Fortunately, we stopped and bought water and other essentials on the way here.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We are here now. We were told NOT to use the water in our villa. It is safe to use the ice maker as it has a filter. We have a 2 bed/2 bath and we had 4 bottles of water in the villa when we checked in. Fortunately, we stopped and bought water and other essentials on the way here.

We didn't drink the water in our villa at Westin Los Cabos, but had no issue with the small amount used to brush teeth. For drinking we drank bottled water or just the ice in drinks from the bars. Didn't need to cook or use the water in any other way.

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers - this thread is a little old but wanted to post on it before starting a new thread. Has anyone stayed at the Baja Point property? I have a 3-BR LO for my family and just now noticed it said "Baja Point" in small letter under the villa description. The resort looks great and the rooms seem very nice. Just curious how far it is to the main action at the Westin, specifically the pool, restaurant, etc.

Also while I'm asking, what's the best way to get to/from airport and around the area with a family of seven. I was considering renting a minivan but thought I'd check with the experts first. Is it possible to hire a local driver for a few days?

Thanks!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Also while I'm asking, what's the best way to get to/from airport and around the area with a family of seven. I was considering renting a minivan but thought I'd check with the experts first. Is it possible to hire a local driver for a few days?

Thanks!
Renting a minivan would likely be a good idea for the size of your group. If you decided you wanted to hire a local driver, we've
used Danny Boy and had a good experience. His website is http://www.dannyboycabo.com and you can contact him for his rates. You can also read
reviews about his services on trip advisor.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
There is a thread on the Mesico area that will provide you a bunch of info.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
We tend to cook in our villa most of the time due to food allergies. Any close good grocery stores? Usually whatever store is on site doesn't have much variety along with high prices. I don't want to spend a lot of time searching out groceries.

There Is a Costco in Cabo. You can get a free one day membership if you don’t have a regular one.