• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar

Watford

Reaction score
Thinking of going there in the summer ....they have so much availability!! - but can't seem to find any decent flights from the SF Bay area to Cancun - no non stop and most seem to take 8-9 hours minimum!! Am i missing something?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
United flies nonstop double daily.

Looking at Friday June 3 there is a
0835 (UA1679) and 2235 (UA1145) outbound arriving 5.5 to 6 hours later.

Returns at
0705 (UA1159) and 1910 (UA1712)

Flights.Google.com

Last edited:

Watford

Reaction score
thanks..... $800 round trip......not what i was expecting!!

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks..... $800 round trip......not what i was expecting!!
Check the seat map or expert data on seat availability. Edit - I just dis. Those flights are wide open. Watch for the fare to drop.

If it's low then the price makes sense. If high it may drop if seat Don't move at that price. They have a monopoly on non stop.

If I look at July 1 to 8 I get 666 with a stop and 695 non stop. 2 hours and a plane change is worth 30 to me.

Remember 113.79 is taxes on those tickets.

Set a price alert on Google. It will start tracking and predicting the fare for you.

Last edited:

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I find that if there is a flight from Florida (FLL, MCO or MIA, or TPA) the costs are much less to go to Cancun.

Cynthia T. :)

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I find that if there is a flight from Florida (FLL, MCO or MIA, or TPA) the costs are much less to go to Cancun.

OP was asking about non-stop.
Plenty of $2-300 cheaper flights with a stop. Just how much you value those 3-5 hours x 2 of your life.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
OP was asking about non-stop.
Plenty of $2-300 cheaper flights with a stop. Just how much you value those 3-5 hours x 2 of your life.

I have no problems with stops. Most places we go from DAY would have at least one stop. It is the way of life flying out of a smaller airport. I have notices that direct flights cost way more than those with a single stop. Sign me up for a stop!

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going there in the summer ....they have so much availability!! - but can't seem to find any decent flights from the SF Bay area to Cancun - no non stop and most seem to take 8-9 hours minimum!! Am i missing something?

I have no problems with stops. Most places we go from DAY would have at least one stop. It is the way of life flying out of a smaller airport. I have notices that direct flights cost way more than those with a single stop. Sign me up for a stop!
See the OP comment. Can't find decent flights 'no non stop'

Il also take a stopover to save enough but not right now with a toddler.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
United for non-stop flights
American and Virgin America for next best thing to non-stop (flights around 6hrs.)
Southwest has a low fare calendar to try and get a cheaper flight. Delta has longer flight duration times with stop(s) (flights around 8 hrs.)

Try using www.kayak.com

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ita matrix by Google is the best flight search tool I have found.