• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar Suggestions

dkazanji1

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our first visit to Cancun.

Any suggestions for places to see/things to do?

Recommendations for good restaurants would be appreciated too.

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? (We do not want to rent a car.)

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance!!!

Donna and George

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
For dinner we always like Captain's Cove and be sure to make reservations for outside (throw some steak or lobster over the railing and watch the gators go crazy)- take the bus towards the airport about 5-6 stops from WLR.

We reserved ahead of time a shuttle to WLR. There was 6 of us and we paid $65 total round trip. I found the link on a recent WLR thread.

Have fun and enjoy the swim up bar!

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
do you bring food in from the states? what are we allowed to take over the border?
is there a market that is close by?

how is the food at the resort?
are drinks pricey?

any info would be a help. thanks

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
For dinner we always like Captain's Cove and be sure to make reservations for outside (throw some steak or lobster over the railing and watch the gators go crazy)- take the bus towards the airport about 5-6 stops from WLR.

Sounds interesting, but seriously .... You feed them Lobster?

dkazanji1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the service that drives you to the Westin Lagunamar? Do you need reservations? If so, how can we contact them? Where in the airport can we pick up the bus/van? How do we arrange the return trip to the airport after our vacation is over? Does the company have a web site? Or does someone have a phone number so we can contact them?

We leave tomorrow morning, and we've been so busy that we haven't had time to plan.

Thank you!

Donna and George

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the service that drives you to the Westin Lagunamar? Do you need reservations? If so, how can we contact them? Where in the airport can we pick up the bus/van? How do we arrange the return trip to the airport after our vacation is over? Does the company have a web site? Or does someone have a phone number so we can contact them?

We leave tomorrow morning, and we've been so busy that we haven't had time to plan.

Thank you!

Donna and George

Here you go. Don't forget to give us a trip report when you get back.

http://entertainment-plus.net/

We enjoyed the ruins at Coba, the snorkeling/jet boat tour, Xcaret, Tulum, and doing some of the Eco tours.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
The Concierge will arrange it for you!

Enjoy!

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a great time at Cocobongo's and would definitely go back to it. There are plenty of taxi's at the airport, just walk the gauntlet of timeshare sales people that try to hook you up until you are outside and then get a cab. If you are looking for a great excursion, visit Chichen Itza. If your budget allows for it, staying overnight there in the Mayaland hotel will provide an unforgettable experience.

dkazanji1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Tom and Robin for the information about Entertainment Plus. That is exactly what we needed.

Donna and George

dkazanji1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all our fellow members of TUG! You are the best! We will try your restaurant suggestions, and we will write a review when we get home.

Donna and George

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
do you bring food in from the states? what are we allowed to take over the border?
is there a market that is close by?

how is the food at the resort?
are drinks pricey?

any info would be a help. thanks

There is a store at the resort that has minimal groceries; not as good as WKORV. Many of the items are a bit different as they are not from US. There is a general store at the mall accross the street but honestly I don't think that they had too much more than the store at the Westin. You can take a bus to Walmart and then a cab back. Walmart has just about anything that you might need. I am not sure what you allowed to bring on the plane as we have never tried.

The food at the resort is good although we kind of got sick of it by the 7th day. The pool restaurant has pretty good lunches (sandwiches, wraps, tacos, quesadillas, pizza, and burgers) and service is very good. The full service restaurant has some pretty good food (steak, fish, chicken) although the service was a bit slow all four times that we ate there; try the lobster tacos for an appetizer. I would suggest to skip the weekly Italian buffet; the food was terrible!

The prices of the drinks are about what they are at most other resorts in Cancun. When you convert the pesos to dollars, I think the drinks are $6-10 depending on what you order. I would highly recommend that you order all of your drinks at the swim up bar. They taste much better there.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, but seriously .... You feed them Lobster?

They seem to really prefer the lobster; I guess they get to be picky living right next to a full service restaurant. They will go for an occasional steak or burger but if your neighbor is tossing in lobster, they will leave you for your neighbor. The gators names are Pancho and Willy and they visit the restaurant almost every night.

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chichen Itza

Does anyone know how far the Chichen Itza ruins are from Lagunamar? I'd love to go out there if I visit Cancun.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how far the Chichen Itza ruins are from Lagunamar? I'd love to go out there if I visit Cancun.

I would estimate that it is 2 hours or so. You can drive a rental or take a tour bus.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went by a charter bus and it was probably close to 2 and a half hours each way but I would think a car would be faster. We toured the grounds during the day, and returned to the grounds for the evening light and sound show and stayed at the Mayaland Hotel overnight. The next day we visited a cave and a ceynote that were in the area. This day + trip was the highlight of our vacation.