• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Desert Willow One Bedroom Review in Palm Springs Ca

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Palms Springs is about 100 miles east of Los Angeles. The Desert Willow Resort is located about 3 miles off the main freeway. But what an Oasis in the desert. The room was adequate for 2 people and could fit 4. In stayed in the small one bedroom because I was Driving though and the cost was only $75 in maintenance fees making it possibly the least expensive hotels available.

The grounds are amazing. There were several pools to choose from. I managed to video one of the pools at night and it was fantastic lighting. Love the Westin Robes and the hot tub. There were two pools that had nice sized water slides. There was tennis and pickle ball available as well. I think this is a fascinating place to stay and relax. Enjoy.

Westin Desert Willow One Bedroom Review in Palm Springs Ca

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLR
WLM
The resort is actually in Palm Desert which is about 14 miles east of the city of Palm Springs.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
WDW is a nice resort, and as mentioned above, it's in Palm Desert, not Palm Springs (the difference between the two is significant). You briefly mentioned the quiet pool (while showing the spa at the Ironwood pool) but didn't show it to us. Was it closed when you were there?

jeffm211

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there during this timeframe and all pools were open. Love this resort!

KangarooTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Desert Willow. We stayed in the smaller one bedroom. It’s spacious for two but was extremely tight for a family of four. I enjoyed the resort and it was a little more modern and upscale than Shadow Ridge where we spent the first half of our spring break.

My kids loved the water slides, and games area where they had ping pong, air hockey, pool table, shuffleboard and a foosball table.

The main pool area was packed. I didn’t enjoy how crowded the lower main pool was. The loungers are about 2-3 feet from the pool edge and we were splashed non-stop. The lower pools are definitely geared to the younger kids.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have found that neither of the main pools, nor the Palo Verde pool, are to our liking because of all the kids and the party atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great for families, and it was cool having the bar nearby. But at our stage of life, we like to stay near the quiet pool. It's not a great spot for families, but very nice if what you want is quiet relaxation.

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
How does this resort compare to Shadow Ridge Enclaves section for 1 bedroom villas? Most important is nice pool and lounge areas with quiet areas, and updated villas. Also maybe access to grills and at least one restaurant serving breakfast.

Also interested in comparisons with Desert Springs but right now that resort doesn’t have availability for my dates.

We will not be traveling with kids.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How does this resort compare to Shadow Ridge Enclaves section for 1 bedroom villas? Most important is nice pool and lounge areas with quiet areas, and updated villas. Also maybe access to grills and at least one restaurant serving breakfast.

Also interested in comparisons with Desert Springs but right now that resort doesn’t have availability for my dates.

We will not be traveling with kids.
The rooms in Enclaves are kinda small. The pools at Shadow Ridge are mayhem with the one exception being the Roadrunner pool. The quiet pool at Desert Willow is rather nice except when a group of drunk twenty somethings comes barging in (that is another story). Between the two, I would pick Desert Willow over Enclaves. I don't know that either has a restaurant that serves breakfast, but this is more likely at Shadow Ridge as I don't think the restaurant has reopened at Desert Willow. Both have pool bar/restaurants that may serve something for breakfast. Perhaps others know more.

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
The rooms in Enclaves are kinda small. The pools at Shadow Ridge are mayhem with the one exception being the Roadrunner pool. The quiet pool at Desert Willow is rather nice except when a group of drunk twenty somethings comes barging in (that is another story). Between the two, I would pick Desert Willow over Enclaves. I don't know that either has a restaurant that serves breakfast, but this is more likely at Shadow Ridge as I don't think the restaurant has reopened at Desert Willow. Both have pool bar/restaurants that may serve something for breakfast. Perhaps others know more.
I saw your videos on both resorts but still wanted to get a comparison viewpoint. I do agree that the Enclave bedrooms looked small but they were nicely updated. There also seemed to be prettier landscaping. Desert Willow seemed like it was a lot of brown and gray colors even outside. Maybe I will go back and re-watch the videos.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
The quiet pool at Desert Willow is rather nice except when a group of drunk twenty somethings comes barging in (that is another story).
Don't know what happened in your case, but I suspect the drunk invasion was quite a one-off, and I hope the staff intervened. Whenever I've been there, which is many times, they did a good job of enforcing the quiet rules. I've seen families with young kids and an armful of pool toys show up and get turned away immediately by staff (and rightly so, since there are plenty of other pools to splash around in). Even I've been in conversations where a staff member came by and asked us to lower our voices (oops).

BTW, from a quick glance online, it looks like Agave Grill on-site still isn't open for breakfast. But you can get breakfast next door at the Terrace Restaurant at Desert Willow Golf Course.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Don't know what happened in your case, but I suspect the drunk invasion was quite a one-off, and I hope the staff intervened. Whenever I've been there, which is many times, they did a good job of enforcing the quiet rules. I've seen families with young kids and an armful of pool toys show up and get turned away immediately by staff (and rightly so, since there are plenty of other pools to splash around in). Even I've been in conversations where a staff member came by and asked us to lower our voices (oops).

BTW, from a quick glance online, it looks like Agave Grill on-site still isn't open for breakfast. But you can get breakfast next door at the Terrace Restaurant at Desert Willow Golf Course.
Yes, it seemed to be a one off and staff did walk through but didn't say anything to them until we raised the issue with the staff. The quiet pool doesn't have full time attendants. It was just resort security staff walking through.