• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Vacation Traveler

jazzand1

Reaction score
Four days ago I signed up for a 4day/3night vacation traveler package with Westgate in Las Vegas. After reading all the complaints about Westgate I wanted to know if I can cancel since this is not a timeshare purchase and therefore is not governed by such laws as stated in my contract. The contract also states that I cannot cancel. Is there a way to get out of this contract? Have others had any luck with this or could I cancel my credit card and if so would it be sent to the credit bureaus? The contract does not have a contract number and states Customer acknowledges and agrees that the provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed either an offer to sell or purchase the Unit Week...Not subject to cancellation: it is expressly understood and agreed that this agreement is not subject to cancellation...Attorney's Fee. In the event of any litigation arising out of any of the terms or provisions the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all costs and expenses incurred including reasonable attorney's fees at all trial levels...Required disclosure the Nevada real estate division neither regulates nor evaluates the sale of this product...This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of a vacation ownership plan...If any monthly installment under this note is not paid when due entire principal amount and accrued interest shall at once become due...10% late payment fee. Thanks and sorry for the long post

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Four days ago I signed up for a 4day/3night vacation traveler package with Westgate in Las Vegas.
What exactly is in your package deal? Is it three nights in a hotel or timeshare with the agreement to attend a timeshare presentation? How much did you pay and where are you staying?

Are you wanting to cancel and just not go to Las Vegas? Or did you already sit through a presentation in Las Vegas and this is for travel someplace else?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that this is a 'try it' package. If so, it's probably not worth the effort to cancel it. Just go. Keep the phone unplugged and don't answer the door. Schedule the meeting for the day you leave- preferably after your flight departs.

Actually they aren't too bad, just be prepared to say no, no, no, ad infinitum. Check eBay prices (which are about $0) and challenge the salesweasels to match 'em.

It will be a nice vacation unless you sign something.

Welcome to TUG

Jim

jazzand1

Reaction score
We did the two hour presentation in vegas and since we did not want to buy we were offered 4 days/3 nights in one of their location for $495 in payments of $30 a month with $40 down. We have 2 years to pick a place to stay at. We were thinking of using it as a disney vacatiin for the kids but the reviews of those who have gone there have been terrible. If we were to like the resort and decide to actually buy the timeshare the $495 would be deducted from the timeahare cost. I believe from what i read in a couple posts that they make u go to another 2 hour presentation when u go on that 4 day stay to try and convince you again. So its not buying a time share just securing a price for a week stay to try and get you to purchase a timeshare.

jazzand1

Reaction score
Actually they aren't too bad, just be prepared to say no, no, no, ad infinitum. Check eBay prices (which are about $0) and challenge the salesweasels to match 'em.

That was why we bought it until we saw the reviews saying it was a 2 star place not 5 as advertised by the time share people. 3 nights of 2 stars for 500$ is y i want to cancel.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We did the two hour presentation in vegas and since we did not want to buy we were offered 4 days/3 nights in one of their location for $495 in payments of $30 a month with $40 down.
I agree that the price is probably more than you'd want to spend for three nights but if you compare that to the cost of a hotel room including taxes, maybe it won't be such a bad deal--especially since a timeshare will give you a lot more room plus a kitchen so you can save some money on your meals instead of eating out all the time.

You really came out so much better than many people who end up actually buying a timeshare from the developer, and you found TUG where you can do your research next time BEFORE you buy something.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Venetian has weekday specials all the time for $129 a night.

wcfr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you have documentation that you are obligated to attend another presentation you dont have to go.

However they may imply you need to go but thats all BS.

The resorts themselves are very nice and are very family friendly.

The main complaint of the place is the sales pitch.

As a previous poster said, just avoid the phone when they call.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'm going to guess that this is a 'try it' package. If so, it's probably not worth the effort to cancel it. Just go. Keep the phone unplugged and don't answer the door. Schedule the meeting for the day you leave- preferably after your flight departs.

It will be a nice vacation unless you sign something.

Welcome to TUG

Jim

If this is a pre-paid discounted package, this might be some bad advice. Most of these "try it" packages have a stinger that says you're responsible for full frieght charges if you don't show for the sales presentation. That full freight charge is often more like a rack rate for a hotel room or, a rate no one would typically pay.

Unfortunately, I think the OP is stuck with either taking the trip and going on the presentation or just not going and writing the cost off as a loss. If it were me, I'd go and take the vacation for which I had already paid. Go to the required presentation but make darn sure I didn't sit there one minute past the required time. I'd make sure the salesman understood that, if it's a 120 minute presentation, he had exactly 120 minutes of my time. I'd then set the alarm on my phone to go off in exactly 120 minutes (some require only 90 minutes, read the fine print). At the end, I'd get up and walk out.