• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Timeshare cancellation

Cwodard3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Gatlinburg
I took the advice I found here and basically everywhere on the internet on how to cancel our timeshare during our 10 day window. Today, we got part of our refund back minus $150. I’m guessing that is for the binder and tablet? I included in our cancellation letter that I would send the promotional material separate. Does anyone know if there is a time limit on sending that back? We held on to them just in case, but are hoping we can still send them and get the rest of our money back since we mentioned it in our letter. Either way, at least we got part of it back and cancelled our lifetime sentencing. Thank you all for such good info and help here! It made the process much easier.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you were able to dodge that bullet! might likely get the 150 returned once they receive the promo materials etc.

certainly better than being stuck paying 10,000 bucks or more!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would send the stuff back with a letter asking them to refund the remaining $150.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took the advice I found here and basically everywhere on the internet on how to cancel our timeshare during our 10 day window. Today, we got part of our refund back minus $150. I’m guessing that is for the binder and tablet? I included in our cancellation letter that I would send the promotional material separate. Does anyone know if there is a time limit on sending that back? We held on to them just in case, but are hoping we can still send them and get the rest of our money back since we mentioned it in our letter. Either way, at least we got part of it back and cancelled our lifetime sentencing. Thank you all for such good info and help here! It made the process much easier.

How long ago did you rescind? Were you trying to see if you could get away with keeping the tablet? (Just curious as Wastegate should be allowed to expect return of materials within a reasonable time period)

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get any other benefit after buying? I know when I purchased from Westgate back in 2016 they invited us to a "new owner" breakfast the next day after buying and gave us an additional free night at the resort after I complained that I had wasted an entire day with the sales people taking too long. The terms of the contract specifically allow them to deduct the cost of the breakfast and any other benefits you receive as a result of purchasing from your refund. (In my case they did not charge me for those things from whatever reason- but I definetly remebers there being a section in the recession terms of the contract that they could!)

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations ! Even if you don't get the $150 back you came out WAY better ! But it won't hurt to try ....