• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Sales at Universal Orlando Resort

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
After spending plenty of time at universal during the covid re opening, I was able to walk around and enjoy the low crowds. I was really enjoying the surroundings and paying more attention to details. With that being said, I have noticed In the past their “vacation information” kiosks they have set up around IOA. They always reminded me of the DVC KIOSKS all around the Disney parks. My mind then goes sad as I remember universal doesn’t have timeshares (I’m more into universal than Disney). I always wondered why they haven’t partnered with MVC, HGVC, or Vistana to try and get buyers from the parks and take a “cut” of the sale price.

Well, last week I noticed a guy who had that “sleazy” sales guy bravado Talking to two older and (by the look of them) completely naive to what they were getting into people. They were talking in the middle of the walkway not inside the hut. This tells me the slime ball sales guy made his “mark” and targeted these people And approached them aggressively. I could tell by the body language the “marks“ wanted to end the interaction but didn’t know how, the pressure was already on. I read the slimeball and he had his arms folded And looking away a lot, which was screaming “everything I’m saying is BS right now”. I was about to go “save” them and interrupt the conversation, at that point he was able to reel them into the hut where they no doubt signed up for a presentation. I thought, too far gone at this point. I now have “not being nosey guilt”.

By now you can tell by the title, the guys polo shirt had WR, Westgate Resorts on it. I should have played novice and went asking around but it was my last day and I needed to ride the hagrids ride 6 times! There ya have it. Is Westgate is selling timeshares at universal studios now?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
There ya have it. Is Westgate is selling timeshares at universal studios now?

I remember visiting Universal Orlando back in 2012 (can't remember if it was the original or IOA) and saw a Westgate hut. As we walked by, a man came out asking if we'd be interested in discount tickets to see the Blue Man Group. I knew what he was up to.

As a side point, during that week, we were staying at a Westgate resort via an exchange through DAE. Thankfully, at no time at the resort were we asked to attend a presentation. The one funny thing I saw was inside the sales office there. When we passed by the sales office, it was closed but I saw a poster inside touting something along the lines of "Since [such-and-such year], real estate prices in the Orlando area have jumped...%."

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I remember visiting Universal Orlando back in 2012 (can't remember if it was the original or IOA) and saw a Westgate hut. As we walked by, a man came out asking if we'd be interested in discount tickets to see the Blue Man Group. I knew what he was up to.

As a side point, during that week, we were staying at a Westgate resort via an exchange through DAE. Thankfully, at no time at the resort were we asked to attend a presentation. The one funny thing I saw was inside the sales office there. When we passed by the sales office, it was closed but I saw a poster inside touting something along the lines of "Since [such-and-such year], real estate prices in the Orlando area have jumped...%."
Hmm. Interesting. I’ve never noticed Westgate there before. I wonder why westgate? I wonder if it’s because Loews operates many of the UO Resort hotels and Hilton, Marriott, Wyndham, and even Sheraton May be seen as bigger competition than Westgate.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We were at UO for a few days last year, and DH got us suckered into a presentation at Sheraton Vistana via a similar walkway approach. I can’t remember what the gift was, but I think DH learned why I didn’t think it would be worth our time. We made it clear at the beginning, in the middle and at the end that we had no interest in buying because we already had all the timeshares we could use, but the salesman still didn’t want to let us go when our time was up.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westgate Palace Resort is the closest timeshare resort to Universal.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We were at UO for a few days last year, and DH got us suckered into a presentation at Sheraton Vistana via a similar walkway approach. I can’t remember what the gift was, but I think DH learned why I didn’t think it would be worth our time. We made it clear at the beginning, in the middle and at the end that we had no interest in buying because we already had all the timeshares we could use, but the salesman still didn’t want to let us go when our time was up.
Interesting, so vistana was there?

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting, so vistana was there?

Yes, our session was at the sales office at the Sheraton Vistana resort off Hwy. 535. It’s a nice resort - we’ve stayed there before.

How long beyond the agreed-upon time did they keep you there?

They tried to keep us longer, but we told them (truthfully) we had a FP for Flight of Passage at AK, so we were able to leave at about the right time.

I think I have learned not to let DH talk to any recruiters for timeshare sessions. He doesn’t like to disappoint them by not making an appointment for a presentation, because he knows that’s how they get paid. And I’m going to make it clear to him that I am not going to any more presentations. I don’t care what the gift is!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, our session was at the sales office at the Sheraton Vistana resort off Hwy. 535. It’s a nice resort - we’ve stayed there before.

They tried to keep us longer, but we told them (truthfully) we had a FP for Flight of Passage at AK, so we were able to leave at about the right time.

I think I have learned not to let DH talk to any recruiters for timeshare sessions. He doesn’t like to disappoint them by not making an appointment for a presentation, because he knows that’s how they get paid. And I’m going to make it clear to him that I am not going to any more presentations. I don’t care what the gift is!
These people are paid pretty much 100% on incentive. The more they sign up, the more they make. They do make pretty good money, especially those that work at the resorts and do the pre-arrival calls.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These people are paid pretty much 100% on incentive. The more they sign up, the more they make. They do make pretty good money, especially those that work at the resorts and do the pre-arrival calls.
Yes, and unfortunately DH is all too aware of that and hates to disappoint someone, especially after he has been chatting with them for several minutes. So the best thing for me will be to keep him away from them as much as I possibly can!