• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk "Priority Access" for Hyatt

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received an email pointing to: https://www.hyattresidenceclub.com/inspirations/spring-2022/introducing-internal-exchange-with-welk which mentions that HRC owners enjoy "priority access":

Introducing Internal Exchange with Welk
By Suzanna Kincaid

Hyatt Residence Club Owners have new options for vacations thanks to Interval International®.

On Jan. 1, 2022, you gained new internal exchange options with the partnership with Welk Resorts. Welk Resorts offer customized experiences and world-class accommodations in California, Colorado, Missouri, and Mexico.

Your vacation destination choices include:
  • Welk Resorts San Diego, Escondido, Calif.
  • Desert Oasis by Welk Resorts, Cathedral City, Calif.
  • Northstar Lodge by Welk Resorts, Truckee, Calif.
  • The Ranahan by Welk Resorts, Breckenridge, Colo.
  • The Lodges at Timber Ridge by Welk Resorts, Branson, Mo.
  • Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Hyatt Residence Club Owners will enjoy priority access and reduced exchange fees when traveling to these resorts using internal exchange requests through Interval.
To get started with a reservation for a Welk property through Interval, head over to intervalworld.com to set up your web profile if you have not already done so. Then begin exploring how you can use your Interval International membership to make your travel dreams a reality.

Interval International for Even More

As a reminder, Interval International comprises more than 3,200 resorts in over 80 nations around the globe. Exchanging through the Interval system allows you to use your ownership to travel the world. Interval offers more villas in branded, trusted names in the travel industry, so you don’t have to worry about giving up quality when using the exchange option.

Start planning an internal exchange to experience Welk Resorts firsthand today at intervalworld.com.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heh. I just checked all Welk resorts and no vacancies. So much for priority access! :)

1646790261861.png

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I see 3 of the 6 using either a Marriott-Deposit or Hyatt-Points.
CODES: WMX, DEO, WNL, WRH, WRB, WKO

Exchange-Fee:
Confirmed that the Exchange-Fee using Hyatt-Points [$164] is $55 Lower than using a Marriott-Deposit [$219]

1646797347600.png

Last edited:

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @MICROZE I do see the same three.

Latest reservation possible with Hyatt is DEO until December 31, WKO until August 26, and WRB until December 24.

Maybe that's "priority" access? @Shankilicious how far in advance can you reserve on the internal Welk exchange with resale points?

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk moved most of its (bulk) trading over to RCI a few years ago, though still available (through owner deposits, I presume) at II. Have seen much fewer deposits of Welk on II since then, and more on RCI.

I've been wondering how this acquisition would affect that affiliation, because II is owned by Marriott vacation club now, which also now owns Hyatt and Welk timeshares. Maybe when the RCI agreement ends most of Welk trading deposits will come back to II?

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Welk moved most of its (bulk) trading over to RCI a few years ago, though still available (through owner deposits, I presume) at II. Have seen much fewer deposits of Welk on II since then, and more on RCI.

I've been wondering how this acquisition would affect that affiliation, because II is owned by Marriott vacation club now, which also now owns Hyatt and Welk timeshares. Maybe when the RCI agreement ends most of Welk trading deposits will come back to II?

The RCI/II transition has been a hot topic among many Welk owners. My understanding is that the agreement has ended and that the current points that have been deposited need to be used within 6 months. (I suspect that could be lengthened if the owner paid for their own RCI membership.) But as of Jan 1, Welk's primary affiliation is with II. Also, for Welk owners, there is a reduced fee if booking into an HRC resort. (albeit, I can't find any availability)

Last edited: