• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

weeks4sale

shntug

Reaction score
Scammers were telling my parents they would have to pay to get out of their Welk Platinum Points timeshare membership. Not so... we just completed sale... so beware of the scammers and get a licensed timeshare broker. I found LTRBA.com (Licensed Timeshare Resale Broker Association) to be helpful and I found my broker (weeks4sale.com) through this site.

It was a pleasure to work with Courtney Jex of weeks4sale. From start to finish (first call to receiving check), it has taken 7.5 weeks. This was incredibly faster than expected. Absolutely zero money was paid upfront to Courtney. She was extremely patient to explain all available options and to answer all of our questions. Even their website at weeks4sale.com is exceptionally informative. My family LOVES Courtney and we wish the Jex family/company much happiness and success! Obviously we recommend them.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
MIght I ask if you are connected with this company? You just joined two days ago and in your first post, you are touting some company. That screams "SHILL!!!"

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several obvious reasons why it's an shill. The tout matches the advertising on the website concentrating on no fee and scam warning. The post is over the top positive appearing to be an obvious ad. Who's entire "family" loves a timeshare broker? Lastly the website touts positive reviews from tug and there hasn't been much in a while. They have three in their testimonials but all three are from the same tug member.

They might be a decent company but the post is definitely advertising or at the very least a happy customer acting on the request of the company, which is still a shill.

My family LOVES Courtney and we wish the Jex family/company much happiness and success! Obviously we recommend them.

shntug

Reaction score
MIght I ask if you are connected with this company? You just joined two days ago and in your first post, you are touting some company. That screams "SHILL!!!"

I am NOT connected/affiliated with this company, they did NOT request a recommendation, and I get NOTHING from them if they get future business. I posted in TUG because I wanted others to know that there are good companies out there. Unfortunately it is very hard to find them. To clarify... I recommend doing research to find a reputable broker. I found three through LTRBA which I felt met my needs (experience with Welk Resorts). I believe there were around 60 in total. I called the three which interested me and talked to them prior to making a decision on who I wanted to use. As well I researched the brokers through consumer protection and state licensing websites. Based on who I chose I had to go through California, Oklahoma, and Florida. It was not an easy process but I didn’t want to be scammed. I really feel like the LTRBA helped me get to the legit companies although one of the companies I talked to was kind of rude (didn’t seem to care if they got my business) so they were crossed off quickly. I do see your point that it seems strange that I only joined TUG a couple of days ago but I couldn’t locate my id when I wanted to post. I don’t think I had ever signed up in Jan when I found TUG. I swear I'm telling the truth.

shntug

Reaction score
There are several obvious reasons why it's an shill. The tout matches the advertising on the website concentrating on no fee and scam warning. The post is over the top positive appearing to be an obvious ad. Who's entire "family" loves a timeshare broker? Lastly the website touts positive reviews from tug and there hasn't been much in a while. They have three in their testimonials but all three are from the same tug member.

They might be a decent company but the post is definitely advertising or at the very least a happy customer acting on the request of the company, which is still a shill.

You have a good point because I failed to tell the other side. Although I’m happy today, I am also frustrated at the total amount of money my parents lost on an unused timeshare. I feel the salesman who sold the timeshare to my elderly parents who have trouble traveling were the shillers. IMHO, the scam artists are ruining the industry.

I am over the top happy because the company I chose did 100% what they promised. These days I find that is rare. My parents are happy to be free of their annual maintenance. My brothers and I are happy because we don’t have to hear my parents complain anymore. Plus my family was afraid one of them was going to stroke out over this. We all thought we would have to pay more to get out and that did not happen. Entire family is correct but in retrospect, you’re right it sounds weird. Two months ago I was questioning anything which sounded positive. I don’t blame you for your response because I've been there.

I promise and swear the company did not request my recommendation but I hope they thrive and knock the shillers out of business. I went with them based on their Welk resort experience, based on the research I did to validate their license found through consumer protection websites, and based on not finding negative feedback on them. I suggest to everyone that they do their homework to find a company which meets their particular needs.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The op reached this broker through the LTtBA. An absolutely legit organization

I doubt that the op is a shill. Maybe a little over the top in their praise, but not a shill

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have a good point because I failed to tell the other side. Although I’m happy today, I am also frustrated at the total amount of money my parents lost on an unused timeshare. I feel the salesman who sold the timeshare to my elderly parents who have trouble traveling were the shillers. IMHO, the scam artists are ruining the industry.

I am over the top happy because the company I chose did 100% what they promised. These days I find that is rare. My parents are happy to be free of their annual maintenance. My brothers and I are happy because we don’t have to hear my parents complain anymore. Plus my family was afraid one of them was going to stroke out over this. We all thought we would have to pay more to get out and that did not happen. Entire family is correct but in retrospect, you’re right it sounds weird. Two months ago I was questioning anything which sounded positive. I don’t blame you for your response because I've been there.

I promise and swear the company did not request my recommendation but I hope they thrive and knock the shillers out of business. I went with them based on their Welk resort experience, based on the research I did to validate their license found through consumer protection websites, and based on not finding negative feedback on them. I suggest to everyone that they do their homework to find a company which meets their particular needs.

Sounds good and I am happy that your parents were able to get rid of their timeshare.

mlnuwer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scammers were telling my parents they would have to pay to get out of their Welk Platinum Points timeshare membership. Not so... we just completed sale... so beware of the scammers and get a licensed timeshare broker. I found LTRBA.com (Licensed Timeshare Resale Broker Association) to be helpful and I found my broker (weeks4sale.com) through this site.

It was a pleasure to work with Courtney Jex of weeks4sale. From start to finish (first call to receiving check), it has taken 7.5 weeks. This was incredibly faster than expected. Absolutely zero money was paid upfront to Courtney. She was extremely patient to explain all available options and to answer all of our questions. Even their website at weeks4sale.com is exceptionally informative. My family LOVES Courtney and we wish the Jex family/company much happiness and success! Obviously we recommend them.
I found this company last year and worked with them to purchase a week at Welk. They were fantastic, honest and easy to work with. I feel I got a real deal and would work with them again. I already own 780K points at Welk and I am not a shill.

PegStevek

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort
Villas of Sedona
My husband and I used Weeks4Sale to purchase a week at Coronado Beach Resort in early summer of 2017, which saved us a good deal of money. We had visited CBR as an RCI exchange in May and liked it so much, decided to look into purchasing a week there. The resort staff showed us available units, but the prices were rather steep for the weeks we were interested in buying. Having found Tug a few years ago, I remembered there was a Marketplace, as I'd used it a few times to rent resort weeks, so decided to look for a resale week at CBR on the site. The unit we found on Tug was being marketed by Courtney Jex at Weeks4Sale, and after doing some research here and on other online sites to ensure they were a reputable company, contacted her. Courtney was truly a pleasure to work with, she negotiated with the owners on our behalf and worked diligently to complete all the paperwork quickly so we could make the deadline to schedule our 2017 fall visit at CBR. We got the week we wanted at a fraction of what the resort wanted for a 2 BR unit and were very appreciative of the time Courtney spent with us on the purchase. We found her to be extremely honest, detail oriented and most importantly, customer focused. And we understand that the sellers of the week we bought (who coincidentally live in our home town), were also pleased with the way Courtney handled their side of the transaction. Please note; although I've been using the Tug site for a while to rent places and get timeshare advice and information (my first rental from Tug was in 2016), I didn't have the time to post reviews until recently. Since there are so many timeshare scammers out there, I thought it important to share our positive experience in the interest of helping others that may need to sell or buy a California timeshare. I'm happy to speak to anyone who would like more details, and no, I'm not affiliated or compensated by anyone at Weeks4Sale (or anywhere else, being happily retired these days)...and also not a "shill" and can provide evidence of both my history with Tug and our recent CBR purchase through Weeks4Sale.