• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Week value when trading

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone

Ok so Im in contract for an SVV 2/2 Bella. My question is does my week which is 28 but part of Platinum float have any advantage when it comes it trading with DAE or II or any other exchange? Or the fact that its not a true fixed week make that meaning less? I know from reading that generally SVV is a weak trader and I have read on here that Christmas fixed week can be a good trader. So I was just curious if the week 28 part meant anything or if it would just trade as a Platinum float?

I have read some people having luck trading SVV with DAE and getting some great value for it... Hoping this to be true.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also what is the consensus in the group would you bank you week this year with DAE or II or Bank the Staroptions? I do not plan on using double star options for at least two years... I know that prob answers my question I'm just wondering what everyone thinks...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you use an independent exchange company, you will reserve a week for yourself, and deposit that week with them. That means, you want to reserve the best week you can, for your deposit.

You will not involve Starwood in this process (beyond making a reservation for you) because they do not do direct deposits to independent exchange companies. *I would not even mention it to Starwood, because some lower level flunky will tell you that you can't deposit with an independent exchange company - which is totally untrue. I would discuss it with the independent exchange company first, to clarify the process, and the most desirable week to deposit.

However, be aware that as an independent exchange company, DAE primarily gets deposits from the mid-range and lower resorts, so you will not find big name resorts there. The big name resorts are affiliated with II and RCI, and only only do bulk space banking with II and RCI.

You aren't going to get the Starwood to Starwood priority that you get in II, nor find deposits from the top resorts like Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Marriott, etc, except for a few here and there.

When you deposit with II or RCI, no week is actually deposited. Starwood deposits a generic "credit" with them, which represents the "average value" of the entire season that you own. Therefore, you do not, and cannot make a reservation to deposit.

Last edited:

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok Thank you Denise I get it...

So then with an Independent thats how I could get a two for one like I have read others getting for SVV. By booking the best week possible and depositing that....

So if there is a few small resorts in Cape Cod or Nantucket that I would like to try for then an Independent might be a good place to look but if Im looking for Big Brand then II or RCI...

I think I got it lol Thank you

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While not great, I think RCI is going to have the best summer mid and north Atlantic inventory. I don't think I've seen anything larger than a studio week from the independents in this region. DAE lets you search inventory as do some others without depositing.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was the gist I got from the site as soon as I'm an owner I'll register and check it out. Thank you I will check out RCI as well!