• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Week 52 questions

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the potential week free that a timeshare company may give out on week 53 I read multiple things here and it could be due to misinformed listings on resales.

I understand every resort handles week 53 differently and this may or may not be the case on why I read what I read.

1. Some say they get week 53 every 7 years a lot say this.
2. Some say they get week 53 every 4 years.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Different Resorts handle it differently. Best thing to do is call the Resort an ask how they handle it. I owned a couple Week 52s. The best was Berkshire Beach Club in Deerfield Beach, FL. They gave me Week 53 with no additional MF.

George

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think it depends on the resort and what checkin days they have. If they have a single checkin day (like Saturdays), then it is probably only once every 4 or 7 years. If they have multiple checkin days, it is not uncommon to have a week 53 every year for at least one of the checkin days.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It is not every 4 years or every 7 years -- because of leap years, it is every 5 or 6 years depending on how many leap years are in between.

My resort (I just got the MF bill for 2016 w/ a week 53) charges an extra $100 for the week 53 to cover cleaning, etc. The basic MF stays the same.

Kurt