• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website update?

VacayKat

Reaction score
Anyone else noticing update problems from the maintenance last night? Currently can’t be redirected to RCI from wyndham... not sure what else is going on. Still can’t see outrigger inventory (but that’s not new). Website is super slow as well. Arg!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still can’t see outrigger inventory (but that’s not new). Website is super slow as well. Arg!
I called in on seeing Outrigger availability before the update & I just tried it again. It does work & still works the same as before the update.
Outrigger will work if you search from the Resorts home page that you want. I found it easier to put all resorts that you might be interested in, in your bucket list. It’s just easier to find the resort in your bucket list than searching resorts.
When I called in I was searching location on the dashboard with no availability showing, rep said she could see availability by typing in the resort name instead of location. Typing in the resort name on the dashboard didn’t work for me either. As mentioned above the only way it works for me is to select the resort I want from my Bucket List & then search

Last edited:

VacayKat

Reaction score
I called in on seeing Outrigger availability before the update & I just tried it again. It does work & still works the same as before the update.
Outrigger will work if you search from the Resorts home page that you want. I found it easier to put all resorts that you might be interested in, in your bucket list. It’s just easier to find the resort in your bucket list than searching resorts.
When I called in I was searching location on the dashboard with no availability showing, rep said she could see availability by typing in the resort name instead of location. Typing in the resort name on the dashboard didn’t work for me either. As mentioned above the only way it works for me is to select the resort I want from my Bucket List & then search
I just keep getting the scrolly wheel and never see a availability after putting in my dates from the resort page. Last time I called customer service they couldn't see either and said it must be covid related which I took to mean they had no clue.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just keep getting the scrolly wheel and never see a availability after putting in my dates from the resort page. Last time I called customer service they couldn't see either and said it must be covid related which I took to mean they had no clue.
Here’s 3 examples I just did, I’m using Safari on an iPad. Outrigger is the only way I have access to theses resorts at 12 months out. I don’t own at these resorts.
0D9282DE-5FBA-412B-B3D4-A46AA7560EB2.png
8DCDDAAC-A473-4D8E-B7E8-B1814EF235EA.png
390649BE-9791-4738-A17C-706CC5BB1904.png

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get into RCI any which way but now it all works for me.

I do like that the different clubs have been sorted out for only those that are appropriate. So many people complained about not being able to get Margaritaville Pigeon Forge so now it shouldn't be an issue since they will no longer see it. So I would have to imagine that a resale only account won't have the Worldmarks on their resort list.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Here’s 3 examples I just did, I’m using Safari on an iPad. Outrigger is the only way I have access to theses resorts at 12 months out. I don’t own at these resorts.
Guess I’ll have to contact wyndham to fix my account. Again. (not that they ever did before, but hey, one can hope.)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I do like that the different clubs have been sorted out for only those that are appropriate. So many people complained about not being able to get Margaritaville Pigeon Forge so now it shouldn't be an issue since they will no longer see it. So I would have to imagine that a resale only account won't have the Worldmarks on their resort list.
Worldmark and Margaritaville resorts are still showing on my Wyndham resale account. RCI account still works fine also.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

The issue with Pigeon Forge wasn't even people complaining that they couldn't get Margaritaville, but that Wyndham put that cryptic message about a "resort in the area not available due to your membership type" or something and it simply confused people who really only wanted one of the other Club Wyndham resorts in the area anyway.

I can confirm that as resale I do not get any Worldmark-only locations in my search results. It still won't change the complaints from everyone else about Club Pass resorts appearing in results but needing to call for availability, though.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and Margaritaville resorts are still showing on my Wyndham resale account. RCI account still works fine also.
Margaritaville should, except for Pigeon Forge. Are you seeing Worldmark? I'm not.

Edit: Here's what happens - if I put in dates, it filters out the Worldmark resorts and only shows results I can book. If I *don't* put in dates, it shows me Club Pass resorts and tells me to call.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's something interesting. I searched for Nashville. Inside 5 months, if the MVC is available it shows me results. Outside 5 months, I get a double message - the old and the new - emphasizing the drawbacks of my membership type, lol.
Nashville.png

It seems they don't need the second message (old) if they're giving me the first message (new).

troy12n

Reaction score
Has any one of you actually STAYED at that Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge? To me it doesn't even look like a resort, it looks like a cheesy hotel. I'm curious what the rooms and the rest of the place is like. It doesn't look like we are missing much.

Also if memory serves me correctly, there is one in Gatlinburg proper, that seems to not be affiliated at all with the Wyndham system.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has any one of you actually STAYED at that Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge?

We stayed there a couple years ago, in a very comfortable Margaritaville-style room.
Special blender in the room and kits for sale in case you didn't have your own supplies!

I wouldn't describe it as cheesy at all - very clean and comfortable spacious room.
It *is* in the middle of a touristy shopping mall, and very near Dollywood, so a certain
amount of Disney-esque decor is expected. Maybe that's what you mean by cheesy.

I'm a little surprised there aren't more reviews of it here on TUG. (Only one, an it
sounds like it might've been copied from the official website.)

But there are plenty of positive reviews on tripadvisor - 721 out of 867 gave 5 stars.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Margaritaville should, except for Pigeon Forge. Are you seeing Worldmark? I'm not.

Edit: Here's what happens - if I put in dates, it filters out the Worldmark resorts and only shows results I can book. If I *don't* put in dates, it shows me Club Pass resorts and tells me to call.
I searched by dates for Las Vegas and Worldmark along with Desert Rose shows up. I can not book Worldmark from my Wyndham account but can book Desert Rose.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I searched by dates for Las Vegas and Worldmark along with Desert Rose shows up. I can not book Worldmark from my Wyndham account but can book Desert Rose.
All right, this is super weird. So I had been searching near 10 months just to ensure that I'd be getting the most resort availability and I wouldn't be excluding anything because it was booked, and I wasn't getting any Club Pass resorts in my results. But then I noticed when I tried to search around the 5 month mark to see how Margaritaville behaved, it was showing me the Worldmarks even when I put dates in. So I narrowed it down and this is what's happening - resale is given Worldmark results up until the 9 month point. At 9 months + 1 day, Worldmark doesn't show up in the results.

What the heck?! Where even did they get a 9 month window? (Not to mention that there shouldn't be a window at all for resale and Club Pass.)

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
All right, this is super weird. So I had been searching near 10 months just to ensure that I'd be getting the most resort availability and I wouldn't be excluding anything because it was booked, and I wasn't getting any Club Pass resorts in my results. But then I noticed when I tried to search around the 5 month mark to see how Margaritaville behaved, it was showing me the Worldmarks even when I put dates in. So I narrowed it down and this is what's happening - resale is given Worldmark results up until the 9 month point. At 9 months + 1 day, Worldmark doesn't show up in the results.

What the heck?! Where even did they get a 9 month window? (Not to mention that there shouldn't be a window at all for resale and Club Pass.)
I had to check knowing I never book more then 60 days out. I just looked at booking Las Vegas May 3-7 Worldmark resorts along with Desert Rose still showing up in availability. It could be VIP benefits are still showing along with last owners name on my account still. I have called and requested it be removed but I can only hope they take their time rectifying this problem.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Rose was Shell, right? There's no resale restriction on those. I see all the newly added Shell resorts.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

AFAIK, Worldmark resorts booked via Club Pass cannot be booked beyond nine months out - so this is working as designed. What everyone on here seems to be attempting to figure out is relatively straightforward. There was a new search feature released in the last sprint due to repeatedly fielding complaints from feedback about showing resorts that aren't actually available based upon club rules. You can toggle it on and off via a checkbox that is automatically on by default in the Filter mechanism here:

1618576680702.png

This new search filter toggles the following alert on/off via the checkbox:

1618576719881.png

Please note that this toggle button, at least for me, only appears in the Filter options when using the Resorts search function - it does not appear when using the search function from the dashboard. Not sure if this is intentional - I'll follow up on this in our tracking sheet.

If you toggle off this search filter - you'll see all resorts - whether or not you can actually book them based upon your membership type. For example, as a VIPG owner - if I leave this search filter enabled, and I search 8 months plus one day out for MVC resorts - I won't see any resorts because I can only book eight months out for MVC resorts as a VIPG owner. If I disable the search feature - I'll see the MVC resorts regardless. It's up to you what you want to see in other words.

troy12n

Reaction score
Are they ever going to figure out when clicking "back" from a resort, to go back to your previous search results and not "Argentina", or some other place I never searched for? We are a year into this and it seems like the webpage is still sorely lacking some really basic features that would make it much more user friendly.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This new search filter toggles the following alert on/off via the checkbox:

1618576719881.png

Please note that this toggle button, at least for me, only appears in the Filter options when using the Resorts search function - it does not appear when using the search function from the dashboard. Not sure if this is intentional - I'll follow up on this in our tracking sheet.
Okay, so the problem I've been explaining is that I get this message, the filter by default is on (and I just checked that it is), but my results contain Club Pass resorts when they shouldn't. I'm resale only and shouldn't be seeing any dedicated Worldmark resorts.

It seems to be working properly with regard to Margaritaville resorts, except for the double message I mentioned in an earlier post.

Edit: In short, the filter says it's filtering but it isn't with regard to Club Pass.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Okay, so the problem I've been explaining is that I get this message, the filter by default is on (and I just checked that it is), but my results contain Club Pass resorts when they shouldn't. I'm resale only and shouldn't be seeing any dedicated Worldmark resorts.

It seems to be working properly with regard to Margaritaville resorts, except for the double message I mentioned in an earlier post.

Edit: In short, the filter says it's filtering but it isn't with regard to Club Pass.

Got it - I'll note this discrepancy in our sheet as a bug for the new filtering feature.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Are they ever going to figure out when clicking "back" from a resort, to go back to your previous search results and not "Argentina", or some other place I never searched for? We are a year into this and it seems like the webpage is still sorely lacking some really basic features that would make it much more user friendly.

We did capture this request in the past as a feature enhancement using a "Return to Search Results" function. Using the back button isn't always a supported method for returning to a search results page on many other websites dependent upon how the website is built and what technology is being used to facilitate the search function. I suspect given the platform being used, the back button will not be a supported method, hence the request for a "Return to search results" button.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I'm wondering now is if the flag on a resale account isn't connected to what we see on the website. The only resale limitations (no Club Pass, no Plus Partners, resale not contributing to VIP status) are all things that require human intervention - Plus Partners requires calling, Club Pass requires calling. The only thing that impacts something that can be done online is RCI nightly stays, but I'm not sure how that information (that it's a non Plus Partners account) is handed off to RCI.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
What I'm wondering now is if the flag on a resale account isn't connected to what we see on the website. The only resale limitations (no Club Pass, no Plus Partners, resale not contributing to VIP status) are all things that require human intervention - Plus Partners requires calling, Club Pass requires calling. The only thing that impacts something that can be done online is RCI nightly stays, but I'm not sure how that information (that it's a non Plus Partners account) is handed off to RCI.

Our RCI accounts are all RCI Weeks, not RCI Points if we're resale only. Aren't nightly stays linked to RCI Points accounts only?