• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website Outage

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just was notified that the website would be down from 10 PM Friday until 10 PM Sunday this Weeknd. That's quite a length of time. Hopefully it doesn't stretch out for longer than that like it did a few months ago.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Must be rolling out all the great enhancements to the program the sales peeps have told us about over the last few years. :unsure::poop::sleep:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMG_4709.jpeg

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Now is probably a good time to take screen shots of your MVC Reservations, as well as Abound point balances in your account, just in case whatever they are doing during the outage screws something up.

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Now is probably a good time to take screen shots of your MVC Reservations, as well as Abound point balances in your account, just in case whatever they are doing during the outage screws something up.
Great idea

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heads up! Maintenance on Marriott Vacation Club Website.

Put on your seat belts and other safety protection.
Take care of all known business now. Could be a rocky week next week?

What could be in store? 48 hours of an outage?

1717556570487.png

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's back up and working for me this am. When has MVC ever restored a website earleir then forecast?

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
AND it looks like they are allowing same-day cancellations today. Either a lucky mistake or very thoughtful customer service. Either way I'm happy.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Not up for me. Just defaults to Home Screen every time I try and sign in

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
I am on hold to edit a waitlist request (changing the dates) and the customer rep said he's trying to figure out how to do it because of the software change. Good luck to us all !! I hope no one loses their reservation while MVC reps try to re-learn the system.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it working? I can’t do anything. I just get blank screens.

So I had an issue. I tried to check into MVF but I couldn’t. I had to prove that I was on the ownership. The website was down. But now I notice that the card is only in my husband’s name so I couldn’t have proved it even if it wasn’t down. Am I supposed to have my own login and card?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it working? I can’t do anything. I just get blank screens.

So I had an issue. I tried to check into MVF but I couldn’t. I had to prove that I was on the ownership. The website was down. But now I notice that the card is only in my husband’s name so I couldn’t have proved it even if it wasn’t down. Am I supposed to have my own login and card?
I don't know what card you are referring to, but it would be wise to setup your own MVC owner account login profile. That way if you want a reservation in your name, you make the reservation while logged in to your account.

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the updated/?upgraded website, and it is yet another customer-facing, web disappointment of Marriott Vacation Club.

If I read in one more place to consult the website for resort updates, I may vomit. I just consulted the portal for the resorts that we will be vacationing at, this summer, and they were last updated in 2023. Another MVC Disaster.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the updated/?upgraded website, and it is yet another customer-facing, web disappointment of Marriott Vacation Club.

If I read in one more place to consult the website for resort updates, I may vomit. I just consulted the portal for the resorts that we will be vacationing at, this summer, and they were last updated in 2023. Another MVC Disaster.
@WBP While we have plenty of aggravation and pain with the Vacation Club website they never promised a face lift. There are plenty of moving parts behind the scenes that Marriott needs to maintain for a functional or dysfunctional process. In Marriott's defense they never promised us a change to the look and feel of the site.

In other words. "They never promised us a Rose Garden".

All we were told was 48 hours of unavailability. For all we know they could have just done a Data Center move?

I feel your pain as we all fork over plenty of $$ to MVC.

I am happy the site is functioning without any delay or major malfunctions.

Has anyone else noticed any major changes or issues in behavior, looks, functionality?

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Chat function has not worked for me yesterday nor today? Anyone else? I am also trying to book Shadow Ridge the Villages since end of last week and last stage I get an error (sometimes you get and reservation has been made but this is not the case), just wondering if just me or anyone else? As they always tell me "it's not a known issue" whenever I report something!

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Chat sort of worked for me. I was using my phone though and my screen froze twice and I had to start over and get a new advisor. I wasn't sure if it was my phone acting up.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried to change the Primary Guest information when booking a new reservation. It let me change all of the information, but when I pressed "Save," the State information turned red and I was not able to save any changes to the Primary Guest information. Any one else having that issue. I am going to try again on a different browser and see if that makes any difference.

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with primary guest a few months ago where I got the red error but the reservation appeared to go through. It showed up on Bonvoy but not in my reservation history on MVC. I called the resort and they could see the reservation. Pretty tense because it was a next day reservation that I was making on a Sunday, no way to contact owner services. When I got them on Monday they confirmed that I had no reservation…but fortunately the date was still available.

I posted the issue on TUG and was advised never to change that field, and that the reservation on Bonvoy would likely have been pulled by audit before I arrived at the resort.

This was my first and last time attempting to change primary guest.

Ixchel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Ocean
Marriott Vacation Club
Shell Vacation Club SFW
Lots of people posting on FB forums that their Confirmation # disappeared!